giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

22 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

You must see them in debug

You forget a comma here:

[[9246.78,1851.19],"NameVillage","Jaza East",160,160,true]

Cheers

Thank you, I've been staring at these sqf's for the past 4 hrs so my eyes got a bit tired. 🙂

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.20.6 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

• Mission.sqm/Param.hpp not changed.
  • FIX: Virtual crew doesn't respawn for UAV (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Create FOB at the correct altitude (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: FOB height not restored when loading saved game (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Simplified Chinese Translation for refuel source truck (#890) (@GoldJohnKing).

Have fun!!!

• Thanks 1

Hello wondering if anyone have tried to port the mission to Vinjesvingen ?

i have a problem regarding the city it din't show up in the map, tried custom loc but still nothing 

https://imgur.com/a/afEh4lG

Here are the picture when in the game with debug and on editor with all the location.

Just now, YasZ said:

i followed all the guide that be given, adding "NameCity" , use custom loc still unable to showed up on map in debug as the picture i give

l27hQK5.pngCajfyXp.png

You did an error. The best way to find it is to find the first error shown in your rpt (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#Arma_3).

I am pretty sure you have the same problem posted here:

On 8/5/2020 at 9:40 PM, YasZ said:

Hello wondering if anyone have tried to port the mission to Vinjesvingen ?

i have a problem regarding the city it din't show up in the map, tried custom loc but still nothing 

https://imgur.com/a/afEh4lG

Here are the picture when in the game with debug and on editor with all the location.

If you keep having problems with it, then I can port it tomorrow. ^^
(I've ported to Takistan, Anizay & Lythium so far)

21 minutes ago, Ellman said:

If you keep having problems with it, then I can port it tomorrow. ^^
(I've ported to Takistan, Anizay & Lythium so far)

Thanks for the offer but i have done it already only confuse what does Radius X do in the btc_custom_loc line, any idea ?

Hello,

1 hour ago, YasZ said:

Radius X do in the btc_custom_loc line, any idea ?

Radius X is the radius around the city where AI/IED will spawn. You can see the result in debug mode

Cheers

Is it possible to raise the suicide bomber/drone spawn?
I'm guessing it is but I'm not smart enough to know exactly how to do it. (Without breaking the mission)

Hello,

5 hours ago, Ellman said:

Is it possible to raise the suicide bomber/drone spawn?

Suicide bomber/drone have a higher chance to spawn when your reputation is low (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L199).

When a suicider has spawned, the next suicider will be spawned when you enter in a city and if the time between the last suicider created and the moment of city activation is upper than btc_ied_suic_time defined in https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L139

So if you want to meet more frequently a suicider just decrease the btc_ied_suic_time.

If you want more suicider inside the same city, it is a little harder, you need to play with those lines: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L202-L207

6 hours ago, Ellman said:

(Without breaking the mission)

Don't miss comma. I trust in you !

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Hello,

Just now, alexgardien5 said:

Is it normal, I don't see any "Save Progress" even if I'm the admin (local hosting) ? 😞

The saving interaction from the database system is disable in local hosting.

The mission is only design for dedicated server. Local hosting is useful to debug some part of the mission only.

Cheers

16 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

The saving interaction from the database system is disable in local hosting.

The mission is only design for dedicated server. Local hosting is useful to debug some part of the mission only.

Cheers

Good ! Thanks alot for the feedback 🙂

I've attempted a port with Unsung and am using NVA east as an enemy force but it keeps spawning Large AA sites. I believe it is using "Air Defence Site (PAVN)" units in it's  patrols and groups. These units act strangely and spawn an entire bunker system with AA vehicles. 
Any idea on a fix/how to remove them from selection?

NOUjmKj.jpeg

Hi, we're trying to figure out how to re-deploy at a FOB that we've put down.  If we die, we only ever seem to respawn at the main base with no option to re-spawn at a fob and no obvious option to re-deploy there either.  Anyone able to help?
Full disclosure: We're playing Ellman's v1.20.6 Lythium Port in case that makes a difference?

Hello and welcome!

5 minutes ago, Xeteskian said:

Anyone able to help?

Just use the ACE interaction on the red box at base where you have the Arsenal interaction

6 minutes ago, Xeteskian said:

Full disclosure: We're playing Ellman's v1.20.6 Lythium Port in case that makes a difference?

May be he moves the re-spawn interaction somewhere else, I don't know

@Ellman ?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Vdauphin said:

Just use the ACE interaction on the red box at base where you have the Arsenal interaction

Man oh man, how did we all miss that!?!  Awesome - worked a charm!  Thanks so much for a great scenario (and @Ellman for his conversion 😉 )

Just saw the notification ^^
Like said by Vdauphin you can ace interact on the arsenal box.

@Xeteskian Happy to hear you like my port, if you have any requests for ports then feel free to hit me up.

Got a Ruha port running atm on a public server ^^ (the mission will be available on the workshop once the community I run beats it)

@Vdauphin Would I be allowed to link all my ports in a collected post in this thread?

Hello

3 hours ago, Ellman said:

@Vdauphin Would I be allowed to link all my ports in a collected post in this thread?

I really dislike Steam workshop as this mission is only working on dedicated server.

Honestly, I would prefer to see a GitHub fork and a release link with all your ports. People will then be allow to get the .pbo and make changes accordingly to their mods list. The GitHub fork will make your life easier as you can push update so the community will not have a outdated version after just a month.

Also, I can't disallow you to post a collection list here, so do what you want

Cheers

Great Mission! I found this in the mission.sqf (btc_rep_militia_call_time = 600). I'm curious whats does this parameter control? Thanks again for creating this great mission. 

Hello and welcome,

23 minutes ago, ArcticFox737 said:

I found this in the mission.sqf (btc_rep_militia_call_time = 600). I'm curious whats does this parameter control?

If you do bad things to civilians, militia (vehicle with enemies) are send to where you did bad stuff. Sometimes, the function is spammed so there is a cool down timer, here 600 is 600 second. See:

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/rep/eh_effects.sqf#L34

23 minutes ago, ArcticFox737 said:

Great Mission!

Have fun 🙂

Hi Vdauphin

Our group has been using H&M Missions since its 1st developed by giallustio and later by you. The missions has evolved and thank you very much for keep updating the missions.

I have a questions, I am curious if it is possible to add 3 factions Blufor, Opfor, & Independent in the H&M missions and if possible, I appreciate if you could guide us on how to do it. I believe I saw someone asked the same questions years ago in this thread but can't trace the post. I appreciate the guide.

AzrinK 

Hello,

5 hours ago, azrink said:

Our group has been using H&M Missions since its 1st developed by giallustio and later by you. The missions has evolved and thank you very much for keep updating the missions.

Glad to see you still enjoy the mission

6 hours ago, azrink said:

am curious if it is possible to add 3 factions Blufor, Opfor, & Independent in the H&M missions and if possible, I appreciate if you could guide us on how to do it.

Don't really see what you want to achieve but for now, opfor and independent are friendly between each other.

If you want to combine opfor and independent factions as enemies, just read the comment here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L587

See you soon!