if ((_x select 2) call (_x select 0)) then {
(_x>
21:09:22   Error position: <select 2) call (_x select 0)) then {
(_x>
21:09:22   Error Generic error in expression
21:09:22 Error in expression <ameNo = diag_frameno + 1;

12 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Just now, SAM-Canprod said:

Can we change the tool to detect radiation and where is the file to change it ?

Please switch to PM/GitHub so we don't flood everyone

Cheers

Hello,

5 minutes ago, shi4stone said:

would this mission ever allow player to recruit ai teammates?

Pull Requests are welcome

Cheers

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.20.3 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

• Param.hpp changed.
  • Mission.sqm not changed.
  • FIX: The lifting support being destroyed during the hooking (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Missing new faction (CUP update, OPTRE...) (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Infinite loop when using 100% enemies in house mission parameter (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Some missing header (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey @Vdauphin, hope you're well in these times.

I'm looking to set up some persistently contaminated zones, but I'm unclear on what I need to call in order to get an object set up as being contaminated.

setVariable btc_chem_contaminated being set to true or 1 didn't seem to do anything. Is there a variable that can be set or function we can call?

EDIT: Additionally, is it possible to apply the effect to a marker or trigger area?

Edited by Robert Tyburne

Hey guys. Thanks for the mission. It's always been a favorite of mine and my friends. We are having issues with ACE and not sure who's end it's on. We are getting an error that says ace_medical_gui.pbo is outdated. Is this something that can be fixed? We tried a lot of methods to try to get it working.

Hello,

8 hours ago, Robert Tyburne said:

Hey @Vdauphin, hope you're well in these times.

You too

setVariable btc_chem_contaminated being set to true or 1 didn't seem to do anything. Is there a variable that can be set or function we can call?

Use this: btc_chem_contaminated pushBackUnique _your_object;

EDIT: Additionally, is it possible to apply the effect to a marker or trigger area?

Yes, just need to pass the object you want to contaminate

5 hours ago, Z-Nine said:

We are getting an error that says ace_medical_gui.pbo is outdated. Is this something that can be fixed?

Please ask to ACE Team, you should join their slack for that (https://app.slack.com/client/T04889UCE/C04CEBRFZ)

Cheers

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Use this: btc_chem_contaminated pushBackUnique _your_object;

Yes, just need to pass the object you want to contaminate

Yep, that's done the trick. Many thanks!

Follow-up, I'm imagining the reverse for decontaminating an object, just removing it from that array? Reason I ask is that my unit makes extensive use of helis, and the big vehicle shower isn't exactly designed for a helicopter to pass through. If I can engineer say a trigger area that removes it from the array, that should decontaminate the heli?

11 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

Yep, that's done the trick. Many thanks!

I forgot to tell you to update value client side so chemical detector will work, so:

btc_chem_contaminated pushBackUnique _your_object;

publicVariable "btc_chem_contaminated";

12 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

Follow-up, I'm imagining the reverse for decontaminating an object, just removing it from that array? Reason I ask is that my unit makes extensive use of helis, and the big vehicle shower isn't exactly designed for a helicopter to pass through. If I can engineer say a trigger area that removes it from the array, that should decontaminate the heli?

Yes but you should also decontaminate ACE cargo (the contamination propagate also in ACE Cargo) and if the object is a player, trigger the decontaination event client side, here is the code: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/chem/checkLoop.sqf#L52-L65

• Like 1

Thanks for the help!

Unrelated to chemical stuff, there's two additional systems I'd like to apply manually to other units.

First is the civilian interaction. Specifically how to add reputation and info asks. Is this something I should be able to apply via their init? I've tried pulling out the various parts of the unit create sqf, but to no avail.

And then for opfor units I have, adding intel interaction to them.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Robert Tyburne said:

First is the civilian interaction. Specifically how to add reputation and info asks. Is this something I should be able to apply via their init? I've tried pulling out the various parts of the unit create sqf, but to no avail. 

I don't understand what you are trying to talk about, sorry

7 hours ago, Robert Tyburne said:

And then for opfor units I have, adding intel interaction to them. 

Well, those already have intel interaction...

6 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

I don't understand what you are trying to talk about, sorry

Civilians:
I'm using another script to augment the number of civilians present in the scenario, however they are not gaining the same ACE interact options for asking reputation and information on the whereabouts of the insurgents. So there's a function, variable, array, or combination of the three I have to apply to new units being created, and I'm asking what that is.

Similar to how creating a contaminated object outside of the task framework was done, where the object was put in an array then the object was broadcast across the network publicly with 'publicVariable'. I'm not sure how practical that would be with potentially a dozen or so civilians, but I'm eager to give it a shot.

Well, those already have intel interaction...

Opfor insurgents of the same faction config do from what's picked inside the parameters.hpp, which has worked out great. But, I'm looking to include units from other factions as well to add some diversity to the insurgent side. I'm just unclear again on what variable or array needs to be applied to get the intel and interrogate options on the other NPCs that are not of the same faction config as that which is chose in the parameters.hpp.

The workaround for opfor insurgents where I'm including additional members of other factions has been to bump the 'actual' faction from the paramaters.hpp intel drop chance to 100% so they're always giving the players info. But I'd like to be able to apply those ACE interactions across the board instead.

3 hours ago, Robert Tyburne said:

however they are not gaining the same ACE interact options for asking reputation and information on the whereabouts of the insurgents.

They should as H&M add interaction to class name (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L89-L109). So even with Zeus or other script, civilians interaction are available.

I'm using another script to augment the number of civilians present in the scenario,

Set Civilian density: mission parameter to 200

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp#L90

The workaround for opfor insurgents where I'm including additional members of other factions has been to bump the 'actual' faction from the paramaters.hpp intel drop chance to 100% so they're always giving the players info. But I'd like to be able to apply those ACE interactions across the board instead.

You can combine faction here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L586

(see the comment)

Cheers

On 4/22/2020 at 11:10 AM, Vdauphin said:

They should as H&M add interaction to class name (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L89-L109). So even with Zeus or other script, civilians interaction are available.

The actions are not getting assigned, hence why I'm asking the questions I am 😀

I rock density to max, but there are two things I think that are preventing population given how the H&M script is set up, and why I'm using an alternate script to augment the number of civilians.

First is that the map I'm using, G.O.S. Al Rayak, has several large cities which cause civilian spawns to clump up. I'm pretty sure this is a result of the location getting pulled, then the distance for positions of where those civilians like to hang out just not being that far out in relation to the city. I've tried expanding the zone in the H&M script, but to no avail. I'm aware that additional locations can be defined within the framework, but I would rather not go that route unless I really, really have to.

Second is what the H&M script thinks is a house. The cities on the map I'm using I don't think fall into the usual category of house, and thus don't provide the script with meaningful data for creating the civ population. If there's a means of adding to the definition of 'house', or including additional object types found on the map that can tell the script that it's a legal entity to take into consideration for spawning the civ population, I'd be all sorts of interested in learning that.

As for the interactions not spawning on civs, I'm not sure what to say. The civs I'm spawning with the script are not getting the actions they are supposed to have. I have the ability to run code on them, which is why I'm asking if there's an array to add them to or variable to assign them in order to force those actions.

39 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

The civs I'm spawning with the script are not getting the actions they are supposed to have.

The answer is simple. Those civilians doesn't have the class name define in btc_civ_type_units

40 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

which is why I'm asking if there's an array to add them to or variable to assign them in order to force those actions. 

As said, H&M use this https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L89-L109

41 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

Second is what the H&M script thinks is a house.

Well, house is a pretty common parent type. I would be really surprise that those house doesn't have house as parent.

43 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

First is that the map I'm using, G.O.S. Al Rayak, has several large cities which cause civilian spawns to clump up. I'm pretty sure this is a result of the location getting pulled, then the distance for positions of where those civilians like to hang out just not being that far out in relation to the city. I've tried expanding the zone in the H&M script, but to no avail. I'm aware that additional locations can be defined within the framework, but I would rather not go that route unless I really, really have to. 

You can switch in debug and set Spawn city radius offset in mission parameter to 0m so you will only see the area where units will spawn. This could be relevent for you:
- https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/751#issuecomment-521154385

Anyone else experiencing trouble attempting to use H&Ms lifting system to grab stuff from underwater, with a sub or boat?

9 hours ago, Robert Tyburne said:

Anyone else experiencing trouble attempting to use H&Ms lifting system to grab stuff from underwater, with a sub or boat?

Hello,

Me too since the Arma Update

Searching for an alternative...

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 7:51 AM, Vdauphin said:

Hey guys. Thanks for the mission. It's always been a favorite of mine and my friends. We are having issues with ACE and not sure who's end it's on. We are getting an error that says ace_medical_gui.pbo is outdated. Is this something that can be fixed? We tried a lot of methods to try to get it working.

Vdauphin did you get this sorted?

I'm playing SP only and all my scenarios and campaigns come up with that error message and I can't enter into the mission. Very frustrating.

Any help would be much appreciated

B9gamer

Edited by b9gamer
adding quote