giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

We're running the Tanoa version with tweaks and want to have enemies on boats, but not divers or submarines. We're using RHS Nationalist Troops as the enemy, and they don't have those units, but I can't find where underwater units are added so I can Blacklist them.

8 minutes ago, Axebeard said:

or submarines.

For submarines, just remove them from the list of btc_type_boats  as explained here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L498

21 minutes ago, Axebeard said:

not divers

You could try to ask to search for only ground position by puting false instead btc_p_sea of here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/findPos.sqf#L30

Seems to have worked so far.

Another thing just cropped up (of course), I blacklisted UAZs with grenade launchers for RHS Nationalist Troops (GUER) and they still keep spawning.

They show in the editor as Nationalist Troops > Car, UAZ-3151 (AGS-30) and added these lines to the Mission file, the classname is "rhsgref_nat_uaz_ags".

case "rhsgref_faction_nationalist" : {
        btc_type_mg = btc_type_mg - ["rhsgref_nat_AGS30_TriPod"];
        btc_type_gl = btc_type_gl - ["rhsgref_nat_AGS30_TriPod"];
        btc_type_motorized = btc_type_motorized - ["rhsgref_nat_uaz_ags"];
        btc_type_motorized_armed = btc_type_motorized_armed - ["rhsgref_nat_uaz_ags"];
        btc_type_boats = btc_type_boats - ["I_SDV_01_F"];

Thanks for all the help!

8 hours ago, Axebeard said:

"rhsgref_nat_uaz_ags"

I don't know, try to look in the variable btc_type_motorized and see if there is no upper letter in the classname

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.19.5 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

• Param.hpp changed.
  • Mission.sqm not changed.
  • FIX: PlaySound3D, allah akbar sound doesn't trigger on my server since 1.92 (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Side mission rescue, missing smoke (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Hint not show at mission end (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Remove hidden faction (with 2 scope units) from mission parameters (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Floating compositions (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Disable BI wreck system to prevent conflict with H&M (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Pilot from rescue side mission not delete (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Convert ASL to ATL when over sea (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: btc_fnc_info_hideout take an object as parameter not an array (@Vdauphin).
  • FIX: Switch to OPF_G_F (@Vdauphin).
  • Add: Auto build tool for H&M (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 2

Hey, why am i getting really low FPS using the latest drop?  I have dedicated server and high end machines?

its work fine for me server and client same PC  :}}}}

Server FPS  47

Client   same

same PC

13 hours ago, otarius-big said:

its work fine for me server and client same PC  :}}}}

Server FPS  47

Client   same

same PC

Thanks, must be my mods.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:01 AM, PabloDMA said:

Thanks! it worked.

BTW, are you using Alive Support on your missions? We are having a lot of issues with Alive Transport and CAS.

CAS helos don't engage any targets, Transport don't pick up any vehicle and every time I give them "Land" command, the HELO touches the ground but immediately takes off

Have anyone of you experienced the same troubles?

Dredging up an old question just in case someone else has this issue.
If you use ALiVE supports + a headless client you'll find the ALiVE supports do all sorts of weird things. The built in ALiVE HC manager works for keeping the supports off the HC, but I've yet to find a reliable way to do this with other HC scripts.

• Thanks 1

@VdauphinReally enjoy your work on this mission. There has been something that has plagued our online persistent server for a while and although I have been learning the SQF language, still very noob at this.

We have found running the mission 24/7 without supervision sometimes, the vehicles end up all wrecked or abandoned by public players. We encourage players to take care of vehicles, even put up boards for them to read but it happens. One of the ways around this we have come up with is to make the vehicles respawn after an hour, whether they are destroyed or abandoned. This way, when active groups get on at certain times they won't find all the vehicles are gone because one person was up late using them over and over and respawning. 

I know the mission is made to be used in this way, but the issue I am running into is any respawn script I use, it causes the helis to keep blowing up after respawn. Only after I comment out the line in the veh add respawn function that has helis respawn does it work.

But that leads to odd behavior where markers stay on the map even if a humvee or any other btc_veh_x had respawned already. I thought about leaving off the btc_veh_x but from what I understand, some of the functionality including db saving will be lost with it between restarts.

So, finally to the suggestion. When you get time, or if anyone else who branches off, could you consider adding options for respawning for those who may use the mission in this way? I have been hacking at it but I am in no way at that level just yet of coding to understand how it is working in this mission. My players and I would greatly appreciate it!

Hello,

3 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Dredging up an old question just in case someone else has this issue.
If you use ALiVE supports + a headless client you'll find the ALiVE supports do all sorts of weird things. The built in ALiVE HC manager works for keeping the supports off the HC, but I've yet to find a reliable way to do this with other HC scripts.

H&M isn't compatible with any HC script because most eventHandler are not trigger when units isn't local to where eventHandler  has been added. So basically you will not get reputation bonus/malus when you kill an enemy/civilian. To avoid this I am experimenting a new approach compatible with any HC script (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/674). But you need to remember:

H&M spawn AI when player enter in city and remove them when player leave. So it is not necessary to add headless for them. This will also add desync to player. That why H&M add Headless for enemies patrols only because there are present what ever is the player position.

Also, H&M auto add HC support so other script will be in conflict.

Cheers

27 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

@VdauphinReally enjoy your work on this mission. There has been something that has plagued our online persistent server for a while and although I have been learning the SQF language, still very noob at this.

We have found running the mission 24/7 without supervision sometimes, the vehicles end up all wrecked or abandoned by public players. We encourage players to take care of vehicles, even put up boards for them to read but it happens. One of the ways around this we have come up with is to make the vehicles respawn after an hour, whether they are destroyed or abandoned. This way, when active groups get on at certain times they won't find all the vehicles are gone because one person was up late using them over and over and respawning. 

I know the mission is made to be used in this way, but the issue I am running into is any respawn script I use, it causes the helis to keep blowing up after respawn. Only after I comment out the line in the veh add respawn function that has helis respawn does it work.

But that leads to odd behavior where markers stay on the map even if a humvee or any other btc_veh_x had respawned already. I thought about leaving off the btc_veh_x but from what I understand, some of the functionality including db saving will be lost with it between restarts.

So, finally to the suggestion. When you get time, or if anyone else who branches off, could you consider adding options for respawning for those who may use the mission in this way? I have been hacking at it but I am in no way at that level just yet of coding to understand how it is working in this mission. My players and I would greatly appreciate it!

Hello, thanks I appreciate

Use this wiki to make all your vehicle respawnable: http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system#2-add-respawn-to-vehicle-or-boat

You just have to move btc_veh_x to the btc_helo array like:

btc_helo = [btc_helo_1, btc_veh_1, btc_veh_2, btc_veh_3, btc_veh_4, btc_veh_5, btc_veh_6, btc_veh_7, btc_veh_8, btc_veh_9, btc_veh_10, btc_veh_11, btc_veh_12, btc_veh_13, btc_veh_14, btc_veh_15]; 

and leave the vehicles array empty like that:

btc_vehicles = [];

Cheers

• Like 1

Wow that simple, didn't think to look at the wiki for that. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

Wow that simple, didn't think to look at the wiki for that. Thanks!

May be I should make more advertisement around it:

Wiki here:

http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/

Also if you guys have advise on it, you can help by pull request it, sources are here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/tree/master/docs

And do not hesitate to ask question, nobody will eat you here 😛

Have fun!

It would be cool if you could restrict vehicles to unit members the way Liberation does.

That way you could have 1 or 2 transport trucks for public use (and maybe set those to respawn), but save the good vehicles for unit members only?

13 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

That why H&M add Headless for enemies patrols only because there are present what ever is the player position.

Also, H&M auto add HC support so other script will be in conflict.

So are you saying there is built in HC support currently but only for patrols?

2 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

It would be cool if you could restrict vehicles to unit members the way Liberation does.

That way you could have 1 or 2 transport trucks for public use (and maybe set those to respawn), but save the good vehicles for unit members only?

Feel free to pull request this!

4 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

So are you saying there is built in HC support currently but only for patrols?

Yes exactly (http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/InGame-documentation#headless--database)

• Like 1

Just putting together a new mission for my unit and noticed something I've had issues with before. 
For some reason I always respawn where I started from instead of on the respawn marker. I've got a respawn_west marker and the mission is set to respawn on custom position. Is there anything else I need to change?
I want the players to respawn at the medical tent I've placed down.

Hello,

2 hours ago, JD Wang said:

For some reason I always respawn where I started from instead of on the respawn marker. I've got a respawn_west marker and the mission is set to respawn on custom position.

Yes, this has been done like for the case where people use the aircraft carrier. Bbecause arma marker (respawn_west) doesn't have altitude, they respawn under the carrier.

2 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Is there anything else I need to change?

Yes, you could comment this line /core/fnc/eh/player_respawn.sqf#L27

Or give the position you want to see the player respawn here /core/fnc/eh/player.sqf#L28

Cheers.

Hello, thank you again for your work which is really fun to play and different from the other Arma 3 game modes!
I have been looking at the composition of your mission for 3 days now and I have been working on different scripts and fnc for different additions that I will quote below. Nevertheless, before using this mission for my team of about ten players, I would like your authorization to continue my various modifications. Please find attached the different additions:
- Added: hoist box with arsenal, on the "Box with Arsenal" marker
- Adding a background sound (playsound3D)
- Added a script distance configuration system (Ch View)
- Adding the ALIVE system
- Added a backup system for all markers placed by players.
- Modification of the arsenal garbage system with the VVS
- Added: Point system, you can make it appear that 6 vehicles in all (plane, armoured car, car, truck), to be able to do it again, you must either recycle the wrecks on the "Recyle Zone", or make the vehicles disappear at the spawn points. Be careful, this limit will remain even after the reboot.
- Addition: of a monitor that allows you to know where enemy unoccupied areas are located. 
- Added: a way to consult our reputation on a database.
- Addition: of a garbage can (supply box near the arsenal, with the possibility of emptying them,
- Added: a drone that allows you to locate enemies on the map if you are struggling, time limit between each use.
- Addition: of an acceleration system for night time acceleration
- Add player on card
- Addition of medical tent (Ace Compatible)
- Addition: care of a possible unconscious unit in the medical tent with the doctor.
- Added: marker when unconscious with sound effect (Ace compatible)
- Adding a medEvac
- Addition of a repair and item addition center in vehicle via the arsenal.

Bonjour, encore merci pour votre travail qui est vraiment agréable à jouer et différent des autres modes de jeu arma 3 !!
Cela fait 3 jours que je regarde la composition de votre mission et que je travaille sur différents scripts et fnc pour différents ajouts que je vous citerai plus bas. Néanmoins, avant d'utiliser cette mission pour ma team composée d'une dizaine de joueur, je voudrais avoir votre autorisation pour continuer mes différentes modifications. Veuillez trouver ci-joint les différents ajouts :
-    Ajout : caisse à hélitreuiller avec arsenal, sur le marqueur « Caisse avec Arsenal »
-   Ajout d'un son d'ambiance (playsound3D)
-   Ajout d'un système de configuration de distance script (Ch View)
-   Ajout du système ALIVE
-   Ajout d'un système de sauvegarde pour tous les marqueurs posés par les joueurs.
-   Modification du système garbage arsenal avec le VVS
-    Ajout : Système de point, vous pouvez faire apparaitre que 6 véhicules en tous (avion, blindé, car, camion), pour pouvoir en faire de nouveau, il faut soit recycler les épaves sur la zone « Recyle Zone », ou soit faire disparaître les véhicules au niveau des points de spawn. Attention cette limite restera même après le reboot.
-    Ajout : d’un moniteur qui permet de savoir où se trouve les zones ennemies non occupées. 
-   Ajout : d'un moyen de consulter notre réputation sur base.
-    Ajout : de poubelle (caisse de ravitaillement près de l’arsenal, avec possibilité de les vider,
-    Ajout : d’un drone qui permet de localiser les ennemis sur carte si vous galérez, limite de temps entre chaque utilisation.
-    Ajout : d’un système accélération temps nuit
-    Ajout player sur carte
-    Ajout tente médicale (Ace Compatible)
-    Ajout : soins d’une unité inconsciente possible dans la tente médicale avec le docteur.
-    Ajout : marqueur quand l’on est inconscient avec bruitage (Ace compatible)
-    Ajout d'un medEvac
-    Ajout d’un centre de réparation et d’ajout item dans véhicule via l'arsenal.

Hello,

1 hour ago, pierrive said:

thank you again for your work which is really fun to play and different from the other Arma 3 game modes!

You are welcome. All this fun has been reach thanks to all contributors work.

1 hour ago, pierrive said:

I would like your authorization to continue my various modifications.

Should I really allow you to improve, create great feature and get fun to only your team? What will happen if all contributors don't share their work?

Honestly, I would prefer to see your contribution on github so every Arma 3 players will enjoy it instead of keeping it private. Also, you will get hotfix and major update from those contributors so your mission will not be out of date in less than few months.

Here is some little instruction about contributing: For-developer-and-tester#branches

But you can also ask help directly through github issue.

Remember, any help is welcome. Cheers.

• Like 1

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.19.6 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

• Param.hpp and Mission.sqm not changed.
  • Improve the players experience in Portuguese (@EckoMoire).
  • FIX: Missing private (@Vdauphin).
  • Add: Header (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

hello im new here, i just want to ask what is this error mean? and how do i fix it?
using your latest hearts and mind.

Map: Song Bin Than

Error: 'safePositionAnchor/ is not a class (type' accessed)

please help...

Hello and wellcome !

1 hour ago, Notty99 said:

Map: Song Bin Than

Error: 'safePositionAnchor/ is not a class (type' accessed)

This doesn't look like it is an error from Hearts and Minds. May be ask this to the mod author with RPT

Also it looks like the error occure on an other map of the same author, see :

Cheers

Hello, I am in need of some help. I'm using your latest version of H&M 1.19.6

I've ported your missions into 5-6 maps, I've done it before no issues. 

I am currently working on porting it to an IFA3 map and am having issues. When i select any west faction as the enemy they do not spawn when in the mission. Instead it spawns the vanilla independent side. I've tried all the German side factions in the parameters, i even tried the vanilla blufor side. It does not spawn anything on the west as the enemy. So basically instead of it spawning any west faction it defaults to independent and spawns them. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Thanks

Hello and welcome!

44 minutes ago, Bmiller14 said:

When i select any west faction as the enemy they do not spawn when in the mission

Yes, this is intended. You can't fight against a faction with the same side of you.

45 minutes ago, Bmiller14 said:

Is there anyway I can fix this?

look here:

http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/faction_player

Cheers