giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Got the parameters sorted out, thanks for the info.

We've questioned a few civvies and got some "?" markers in the ocean around Altis. One of them is "? 900m", but there is no land within that radius. Is this a bug, or is there intentionally bad information?

Hello,

22 minutes ago, Axebeard said:

is there intentionally bad information?

He is a liar !

Have fun!

My group's been having a blast on H&M, we got sick of Altis and ported it to Chernarus Redux with RHS Marine vehicles vs. Chernarussian insurgents. The piles of garbage everywhere make scanning for IEDs pretty nasty.

A few questions:
Is there a way to set up a no-spawn zone for AI? We built our main base at the airbase in the NE of Chernarus Redux and enemy like to spawn 200m away and rush us (so I put up some bunkers with friendly AI).

Does the Chinook (or the vehicle named btc_helo_1 I guess) respawn? How long does it take?

The phrase "require object" etc on the Logistics point is basically the opposite of what it should be "acquire object" - "requisition object" would also work.

Hello,

1 minute ago, Axebeard said:

Is there a way to set up a no-spawn zone for AI? We built our main base at the airbase in the NE of Chernarus Redux and enemy like to spawn 200m away and rush us (so I put up some bunkers with friendly AI).

Check this: http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Prevent-AI-from-spawning-near-the-base

2 minutes ago, Axebeard said:

Does the Chinook (or the vehicle named btc_helo_1 I guess) respawn? How long does it take?

Yes, it respawn 30s after destruction (http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system#2-add-respawn-to-vehicle-or-boat)

4 minutes ago, Axebeard said:

The phrase "require object" etc on the Logistics point is basically the opposite of what it should be "acquire object" - "requisition object" would also work.

Honestly I don't know and it isn't me who choose the word. For me require mean:

- need

- demand (order)

like The queen required her subjects to bow. (https://www.wordreference.com/enfr/require)

Do a pull request and we will discuss further

Cheers

You have the right definition of require, but in the context of ordering supplies, it should be in verb form. "Require object" makes it sound like you need an object to use the interface or something. It's just bad English in the way it's presented. I'll leave it alone from this point lol, it did take us a minute to figure out what the intention was.

Is there a way to restrict uniforms and other stuff? I can get items to not appear easily enough, but I tried this and the uniforms and helmets are still showing up:

private _weapons = [];
private _magazines = [];
private _items = ["MineDetector","ACE_RangeTable_82mm","ACE_adenosine","ACE_atropine","ACE_Banana","ACE_Can_Franta","ACE_Can_RedGull","ACE_Can_Spirit","ACE_Canteen","ACE_Canteen_Empty","ACE_Canteen_Half","ACE_Fortify","ACE_Humanitarian_Ration","ACE_MRE_BeefStew","ACE_MRE_ChickenTikkaMasala","ACE_MRE_ChickenHerbDumplings","ACE_MRE_CreamChickenSoup","ACE_MRE_CreamTomatoSoup","ACE_MRE_LambCurry","ACE_MRE_MeatballsPasta","ACE_MRE_SteakVegetables","ACE_rope12","ACE_rope15","ACE_rope18","ACE_rope27","ACE_rope36","ACE_surgicalKit","optic_Nightstalker","NVGogglesB_blk_F","NVGogglesB_grn_F","NVGogglesB_gry_F"];
private _backpacks = [];
private _helmets = ["H_HelmetSpecO_blk","H_HelmetSpecO_ghex_F","H_HelmetSpecO_ocamo","H_HelmetO_ViperSP_ghex_F","H_HelmetO_ViperSP_hex_F","H_HelmetB_TI_tna_F","H_HelmetO_ghex_F","H_HelmetO_ocamo","H_HelmetO_oucamo","H_HelmetLeaderO_oucamo","H_HelmetLeaderO_ocamo","H_HelmetLeaderO_ghex_F"];
private _uniforms = ["U_O_V_Soldier_Viper_F","U_O_V_Soldier_Viper_hex_F","U_O_CombatUniform_ocamo","U_O_CombatUniform_oucamo","U_O_T_Soldier_F","U_O_FullGhillie_ard","U_O_T_FullGhillie_tna_F","U_O_FullGhillie_lsh","U_O_FullGhillie_sard","U_O_T_Sniper_F","U_O_GhillieSuit","U_O_T_Officer_F","U_O_PilotCoveralls"];

I also just noticed there's an allah akbar sound for the suicide bombers, but it doesn't trigger on my server.

Hello,

19 hours ago, Axebeard said:

Is there a way to restrict uniforms and other stuff?

Yes you can.

19 hours ago, Axebeard said:

but I tried this and the uniforms and helmets are still showing up:

Just add your _helmets and _uniforms array in _items array. Like this :

_items append _helmets;
_items append _uniforms;

Just before this : /define_mod.sqf#L36

This separation is due to the old BI frameworks (ie: BIS_fnc_addVirtualItemCargo).

16 hours ago, Axebeard said:

but it doesn't trigger on my server.

Also to me, looks like BI breaks the playSound3D command on dedicated server. I will fix it.

See you!

Edit: SInce 1.92 playSound3D take a sound volume lower than 5. Fix is easy see here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/692

Thanks, it appears to work fine - haven't encountered any bombers yet though, fortunately.

Does btc_rep_malus_building_damaged/destroyed apply to fences and signage or just houses?

Also, where can I set the respawn time on the main helo?

Hello,

6 minutes ago, Axebeard said:

Does btc_rep_malus_building_damaged/destroyed apply to fences and signage or just houses?

No (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/349#issuecomment-301264630)

6 minutes ago, Axebeard said:

Also, where can I set the respawn time on the main helo?

See the note here: http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/Add-vehicle-or-boat-to-H&M-system#2-add-respawn-to-vehicle-or-boat

Cheers

I'm still not seeing the respawn time. I see how to set new vehicles to become recoverable wrecks when they're destroyed, but I'd like to extend the time between the btc_helo crashing and when it respawns.

Just now, Axebeard said:

I'm still not seeing the respawn time. I see how to set new vehicles to become recoverable wrecks when they're destroyed, but I'd like to extend the time between the btc_helo crashing and when it respawns.

> Note: you can tweak respawn time here: /core/init_server.sqf L32 by changing 30s to what you want.

So the number 30 need to be change to 60 , if you want 1min before respawn :

{[_x, 30, false] call btc_fnc_eh_veh_add_respawn;} forEach btc_helo;

to

{[_x, 60, false] call btc_fnc_eh_veh_add_respawn;} forEach btc_helo;

I'm looking at adding some more "immersion" to our H&M mission and I was wondering if there's a script we could use to automatically give intel on a Hideout? Planning to integrate an interrogation system to use on the enemy militia.

That's not what I meant. I know we can Search and Interrogate, I'm talking about a script that would guarantee we get Intel on a Hideout specifically.

1 minute ago, Axebeard said:

That's not what I meant. I know we can Search and Interrogate, I'm talking about a script that would guarantee we get Intel on a Hideout specifically.

Hello,

Sadly this not really easy (here is the give intel function called server side https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/info/give_intel.sqf)

You need to write a script executing server side this:

[] spawn btc_fnc_info_hideout;

[5] remoteExec ["btc_fnc_show_hint", 0];

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Axebeard said:

That seems easy enough, thanks.

Depends on your skill 😉

There are definitely some things that could be added to this (like making sure an Interperter is the one getting this info), but for testing purposes I'm trying something like this in the init_server:
The idea is if you can capture a guerilla alive, they give a definite hint. In this case it spawns a paper on the ground with the hint on it.

["ace_captiveStatusChanged", {
    params ["_unit", "_state"];
    if ((side _unit) == "GUER")) then
    {
    if (_state) then {
        systemChat format ["%1 was handcuffed.", name _unit];
        _intelpos = getPosATL _unit;
        _intelpaper = "Leaflet_05_Old_F" createVehicle _intelpos;
        _intelpaper addAction
        [
            "Intel", 
            {
                deleteVehicle _intelpaper;
            },
            [],
            true, 
            true, 
            "",
            "true", // _target, _this, _originalTarget
            false,
            "",
            ""
        ];

} else {
        systemChat format ["%1 was released.", name _unit];
    };
    };
}] call CBA_fnc_addEventHandler;

{
                deleteVehicle _intelpaper;
            },

Becarefull the _intelpaper isn't defined in the addAction code scope and btc_fnc_info_hideout need to be call server side so do an remoteExec

Also, I don't really understand why you add it in the init_server because addAction need to be added client side.

That event handler really wasn't working out either way as far as I could tell, either way got a new bug for you.

Project OPFOR units are crashing my server when H&M spawns them in. They seem to work fine on Dynamic Recon Ops, haven't tested with other missions, and when placed via Zeus they work, but for some reason we started getting crashes every time we approached a spot where enemies spawn in. The errors are regarding missing bones.

Also, when testing with RHS factions, we are sometimes not getting any enemy units to spawn. Civilians work fine, but no militia.

Hello,

Project OPFOR units are crashing my server when H&M spawns them in. They seem to work fine on Dynamic Recon Ops, haven't tested with other missions, and when placed via Zeus they work, but for some reason we started getting crashes every time we approached a spot where enemies spawn in. The errors are regarding missing bones.

You should ask this to the Project OPFOR team. H&M just use the basic createUnit command, nothing crazy. You should also send the RPT server side and create an issue here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/new

Cheers

RHS Eastern Militia won't spawn at all for us, but Chdkz Insurgents work just fine. Very weird.

1 hour ago, Axebeard said:

RHS Eastern Militia won't spawn at all for us, but Chdkz Insurgents work just fine. Very weird.

I dig into this and saw the this faction (RHS Eastern Militia) is a hidden faction (with 2 scope units). Now I filter those factions, see the fix here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/702