giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hi!

It is possible to blacklist certain blufor faction (In my case, RHS Us Army) from being controlled by AI difficulty mission script?

Thanks

2 hours ago, PabloDMA said:

Hi!

It is possible to blacklist certain blufor faction (In my case, RHS Us Army) from being controlled by AI difficulty mission script?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, check in mission parameters: Set skill?

Cheers

• Like 1

i am looking for a how to on setting this up as a WW2 is there a guide some place i tried changing around btc_player_side = west; and btc_respawn_marker = "respawn_west";  to btc_player_side = guerrila;   btc_respawn_marker = "respawn_guerrila"; and picked the guys i wanted to fight in the param.hpp.

thanks for any and all help

working now must have had a space some place or something but not tryed it on a server yet

Edited by antacid421
now working

Hey! Back again with more annoying questions.

I've noticed that every time the user connects to a slot, the default equipment of that unit (or modified in eden editor) is not preserved. I mean, if you have   "disabledAI = 0;"  on the description.ext file

How do I disable that?

The use case that I'm trying to cover, is that as mission maker, I want to have AI enabled for players, so if they get kicked from the server (due internet connection problems or whatever) the AI remains in the same position, with the same equipment and the user is able to rejoin the battle without having to re-equip

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Hello,

1 hour ago, PabloDMA said:

Back again with more annoying questions.

Nice to see you again and no worries!

How do I disable that?

Remove the line https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/init_player.sqf#L20

Can you help me?

Sure. Do you have github account? Then we will have more tool to work on that. Create an issue https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks! it worked.

BTW, are you using Alive Support on your missions? We are having a lot of issues with Alive Transport and CAS.

CAS helos don't engage any targets, Transport don't pick up any vehicle and every time I give them "Land" command, the HELO touches the ground but immediately takes off

Have anyone of you experienced the same troubles?

We normally use ALiVE supports in our Hearts and Minds missions and don't have any issues. 

Are you running VCOM by chance? If so make sure you disable it by using the code line in the support modules.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JD Wang said:

We normally use ALiVE supports in our Hearts and Minds missions and don't have any issues. 

Are you running VCOM by chance? If so make sure you disable it by using the code line in the support modules.

Hmmm, that's weird...

Nope, no VCOM, instead we use ASR, and I already set up 

asr_ai3_main_factionskip_str

with every "west" faction that we use for Hearts and Minds. 

Gonna have to ask both Alive and ASR team I guess...

If I want to increase the amount of enemies that spawn in, where do I do this? I have the hideout set to max. But I just want more and bigger patrol on roads/in towns.

My mission broke, a loop is creating all blufor vehicles. As vehicles already exist in position, they collide and explode, this continues infinitely.
I thought about deleting them in the database, but how to do it?

23 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

My mission broke, a loop is creating all blufor vehicles. As vehicles already exist in position, they collide and explode, this continues infinitely.
I thought about deleting them in the database, but how to do it?

I think you need to log in as admin, and select "Database > Delete"  from ace interaction menu. 

Otherwise, you'll have to delete database manually by cleaning up arma3profile.vars file... I think. 

Hopefully, that could help.

13 hours ago, PabloDMA said:

I think you need to log in as admin, and select "Database > Delete"  from ace interaction menu. 

Otherwise, you'll have to delete database manually by cleaning up arma3profile.vars file... I think. 

Hopefully, that could help.

I do not want to delete the database, I want to edit, manually remove all vehicles with this bug

i am looking for a dumb down guide on on changing player factions i am trying to set up a NVA game i have changed the //player to east and in the param.hpp for the US and it works in single player but not in multiplayer.  

//Player

btc_player_side = east;

btc_respawn_marker = "respawn_east";

class btc_p_en { // Enemy type:  to 196

1 hour ago, antacid421 said:

i am looking for a dumb down guide on on changing player factions i am trying to set up a NVA game i have changed the //player to east and in the param.hpp for the US and it works in single player but not in multiplayer.  

Hello,

http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/#change-factions

Byebye!

that is what i was going by but think i just gut what i was doing wrong i  delete btc_helo_1 and it was getting a error and stopping.  

hello antacid421,

helo1 is kind of important because it is the only vehicle that can respawn and sling load all other vehicle wrecks. you should keep a vehicle with that unique name.

cheers

How to avoid spawning enemies at the base? I created H&M on another map and the enemies are spawning inside the base.

Do I need to add the "ACE_key_lockpick" and "ACE_key_master" items in the arsenal, any suggestions?

Is it possible to change the composition of the históriadeout? Me and my friends are going to play H&M for the second time and I'm doing a deeper editing.

Hello,

On 09/11/2018 at 2:25 PM, TonyStarkBR said:

Is it possible to change the composition of the históriadeout?

Sure check

- here is the class name used to hideout : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L126-L132

- here is the template : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/mil/create_hideout_composition.sqf#L6-L23

See you soon!

• Thanks 1

Hello,

i downloaded =BTC= Hearts & Minds Version 1.18.4 from the Github site but i can't run the .pbo on my dedicated server. I tried the mission without RHSUS and with RHSUS.

Both time the server respond with the following error.

0:11:12 Roles assigned.
 0:11:12 Reading mission ...
 0:11:51 No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.rhs_c_weapons'.
 0:11:52 Mission =BTC=co@30_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis read from bank.

Since i know a little bit about editing mission files i unpacked the mission and search all files for "rhs_c_weapons" but nothing.

I tried to start with the mod and without the mod but again the same respond from server. Since 2 hours now i try to solve the issue but i can't find it.

Edit:

Mods loaded with the neweste versions on the server

- ACE3

- ACRE2

- CBA_A3

- NIArsenal (It makes no difference if i load it or not)