giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hello,

22 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

I would like to congratulate and thank, H & M is amazing, me and my friends are having a lot of fun.

Thank you, I appreciate that!

22 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

Is it really that hard to improve reputation?

It is not that hard/ You have a lot of way to gain reputation. The easiest is when you disarm IED spread in city. In free city, it is really easy to get that bonus.

Here is the documentation : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/InGame-documentation#reputation

Here are values used: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L529-L542

When you die, you lose reputation and also with the "Esc -> Respawn". You are supposed to use your proper vehicles to come back to base.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Here are values used:

Is it possible to view our current score? I found it very strange, even tearing down 1 hideout our reputation is still 'very low'

15 minutes ago, TonyStarkBR said:

Is it possible to view our current score? I found it very strange, even tearing down 1 hideout our reputation is still 'very low'

[] spawn {
	btc_int_ask_data = nil;
	[2,nil,player] remoteExec ["btc_fnc_int_ask_var", 2];
	waitUntil {!(isNil "btc_int_ask_data")};

hint format ["Reputation score: %1", btc_int_ask_data];
};

Type this in the debug console and press LOCAL EXEC (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Editor:_Debug_Console_(Arma_3))

The value show by the hint is your reputation. Reputation level are here : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/info/ask_reputation.sqf#L26-L29

You can activate debug log and look in .rtp to see reputation change.

Bye!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

The value show by the hint is your reputation. Reputation level are here :

Very good!!! You are amazing!!!
What does "btc_rep_bonus_civ_hh" and "btc_rep_malus_civ_hd" mean?

10 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

Very good!!! You are amazing!!!
What does "btc_rep_bonus_civ_hh" and "btc_rep_malus_civ_hd" mean?

"btc_rep_bonus_civ_hh" : it is the Handle Heal for civilian. When you heal a civilian you get this bonus.

"btc_rep_malus_civ_hd" : it is the HandleDamage for civilian. When you fire to a body part of civilian you get this malus (even if he is dead, "mutilate alive/dead civilian").

• Thanks 1

Headless client need any configurations for this mission?

i  make  3 hedless client in redactor  . it will bad for mission?

Hello,

3 hours ago, otarius-big said:

Headless client need any configurations for this mission?

No, everything is transparent.

3 hours ago, otarius-big said:

make  3 hedless client in redactor  . it will bad for mission?

See you soon !

RHS was updated any new  things in mission will updated?

what about enemy side mortar helper or other artylery support  before players incoming in town  aroound   amo chche  or hideout

On 8/2/2018 at 2:19 PM, TonyStarkBR said:

I would like to congratulate and thank, H & M is amazing, me and my friends are having a lot of fun.

We have been playing for a few months and even performing several side missions, repairing broken civilian vehicles on the road, destroying various ammo caches and 1 hideout our reputation is still very low, I recognize that in some rare times we hit some civilians by mistake, but were few times. Is it really that hard to improve reputation? In the documentation says that the "respawn" of the players affects the reputation, we are in doubt if it is to die in fact or the command "Esc -> Respawn".

Is there any way to improve the reputation I did not mention here?

There are values in some of the files that lower your reputation if you fire your weapon within x meters of a civilian and an enemy is more than x meters away. This is one of the things that hurt our group's rep because we'd be engaging enemies from quite a distance. You can try modifying this value.

If you find yourself damaging buildings, that will count against you as well- which sucks because that means engaging armor in towns gets tough because if they blow up they add damage to the buildings around them.

You can really dig yourself in a hole with those things.  You can keep doing side missions as much as possible, and just sweep each town for IED's.

Hello,

On 13/08/2018 at 11:23 PM, otarius-big said:

RHS was updated any new  things in mission will updated?

I don't see any reason.

On 13/08/2018 at 11:23 PM, otarius-big said:

what about enemy side mortar helper or other artylery support  before players incoming in town  aroound   amo chche  or hideout

That not hearts and minds ...

Cheers.

Hello,

1 hour ago, doctorbutts said:

There are values in some of the files that lower your reputation if you fire your weapon within x meters of a civilian and an enemy is more than x meters away. This is one of the things that hurt our group's rep because we'd be engaging enemies from quite a distance. You can try modifying this value.

You only loose reputation if there is no enemies around the civilian in a circle of 300m and if you fire in the direction of him (this angle decrease with the distance and is near 0 for a distance above 300m).

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/rep/firednear.sqf#L13-L14

1 hour ago, doctorbutts said:

If you find yourself damaging buildings, that will count against you as well- which sucks because that means engaging armor in towns gets tough because if they blow up they add damage to the buildings around them.

Who want to see his house destroyed for any reason ^^

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

can y in next update include in mission auto restart settings mission or server?  it possible?

I am having issues at the moment with there being no interaction option on IED's when running ACE?

Also we are entering towns, and they are almost like ghost towns. Plenty of CIV running around, but not many enemy?

Hi, I am a user who plays Hearts and Minds in our community server.

I feel so amaaaazing mission and thank the mother of H&M!

Well, we have problem that ammo cache not found bug.

When we destroy it, we can get some markers but can't see the target.

I have confirm about this, so I tried to find using Debug-mode...however not exist!

Anyone help us! We have to delete save data every time :(

On 20/08/2018 at 5:23 PM, otarius-big said:

can y in next update include in mission auto restart settings mission or server?  it possible?

Hello,

When somebody will do a pullrequest on it :)

Cheers

Hello,

16 hours ago, Farqman said:

I am having issues at the moment with there being no interaction option on IED's when running ACE?

Check this : http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/InGame-documentation#ied

16 hours ago, Farqman said:

Also we are entering towns, and they are almost like ghost towns. Plenty of CIV running around, but not many enemy?

That intended, you need to get intel (http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/InGame-documentation#intel) to find caches and hideouts : http://vdauphin.github.io/HeartsAndMinds/InGame-documentation#hideout

Also play side mission to get better  reputation and get information from civilian.

Cheers!

Hello,

9 hours ago, sgrnit said:

Hi, I am a user who plays Hearts and Minds in our community server.

I feel so amaaaazing mission and thank the mother of H&M!

Thank you and welcome to BI forum!

9 hours ago, sgrnit said:

Well, we have problem that ammo cache not found bug.

When we destroy it, we can get some markers but can't see the target.

I have confirm about this, so I tried to find using Debug-mode...however not exist!

If you have any issueplease feel free to post an issue report in https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/new

See you soon!

Hi!

I'm gettin this error on .rpt at mission launch

{
if (_x select 0 > CBA_missionTime) exitWith {};>
16:36:28   Error position: <select 0 > CBA_missionTime) exitWith {};>
16:36:28   Error Generic error in expression
16:36:29 Error in expression <e;
};

Any Ideas?

27 minutes ago, PabloDMA said:

Any Ideas?

Hello,

Nothing related to H&M.

See you!

• Like 1

I'd like to do an Unsung version of the mission but How do I go about changing the enemy weapons caches and some of the hideout items to NVA/VC stuff? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Hello and welcome to BI forum!

5 minutes ago, KokayneKrayzie said:

I'd like to do an Unsung version of the mission but How do I go about changing the enemy weapons caches and some of the hideout items to NVA/VC stuff? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Every things is in /core/def/mission.sqf#L126-L165

I pointed here the hideout stuffs but you can tweak many other things. Also you can do a pull request with those tweaked items.

Good luck!

@Vdauphin If you have cleared a city of enemy units it will stay clean after restarting the server?