giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

18 hours ago, JD Wang said:

This is the sort of issue I'm running in to.

pBLvwgF.jpg

Civilians and Enemies are spawning but they all seem clumped together rather than spread through a town/village.
I've tried it with both custom defined locations and default locations and it's the same thing, you end up walking through 75% of a ghost town before you run into anyone.

HI JD Wang

I think I can help you because our group have played and edited the H&M mission for Lythium.

To allow AI to spawn & have way point in a bigger radius:

Edit This File - https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf

Edit this Line line 22: "private _radius = (_radius_x + _radius_y)/2;" to "private _radius = (_radius_x + _radius_y)*2;"  "*2" - you may also multiple it to *3 or *4. The bigger the number the bigger radius / way point the Ai will patrol/ spawn

Wider Trigger Area:

Edit This File: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp

Edit Line 262 & 264

class btc_p_city_radius { // Spawn city radius offset:

title = __EVAL(format [" %1", localize "STR_BTC_HAM_PARAM_OTHER_SPAWNRAD"]);

values[]={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,"add bigger value here"};

texts[]={"0 m","100 m","200 m",$STR_BTC_HAM_PARAM_OTHER_SPAWNRAD_DEF,"400 m","500 m (Takistan)","600 m","700 m","800 m"}; // texts[]={"0 m","100 m","200 m","300 m","400 m","500 m (Takistan)","600 m","700 m","800 m","Add Bigger Value Here"};

default = 3 (Change default value to custom value line 262) ;

EXAMPLE

class btc_p_city_radius { // Spawn city radius offset:

title = __EVAL(format [" %1", localize "STR_BTC_HAM_PARAM_OTHER_SPAWNRAD"]);

values[]={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,12};

texts[]={"0 m","100 m","200 m",$STR_BTC_HAM_PARAM_OTHER_SPAWNRAD_DEF,"400 m","500 m (Takistan)","600 m","700 m","800 m"}; // texts[]={"0 m","100 m","200 m","300 m","400 m","500 m (Takistan)","600 m","700 m","800 m","1200 m"};

default = 12;

Regards

Azrin

• Thanks 2

@azrink thank you for that, certainly did the trick. Now that's got me wanting to revisit Lythium :)
Appreciate the help 

• Like 1

Last month I had a question about the possibility of ending the mission with the destruction of the hideouts. I commented out the line as per your instructions.

Now when the hideouts are destroyed, a dialog box appears stating that the mission is won but the mission keeps running. Is it possible to tie the destruction of the hideouts to a BIS_fnc_endMissionServer

or whatever is needed to end the mission and send players to the lobby?

6 hours ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

Last month I had a question about the possibility of ending the mission with the destruction of the hideouts. I commented out the line as per your instructions.

Now when the hideouts are destroyed, a dialog box appears stating that the mission is won but the mission keeps running. Is it possible to tie the destruction of the hideouts to a BIS_fnc_endMissionServer

or whatever is needed to end the mission and send players to the lobby?

Hello,

I would not recommend that because even the admin will have no access to the server if I am right. So he will have no way to delete the data base and the mission will be stuck in this state ending state.

May be also add a call btc_fnc_db_delete, but if you auto save the game, your mission will be still save again ...

This need to be think and tested carefully.

Cheers.

I was able to incorporate the BIS_fnc_endMission command into the end_mission.sqf to get the desired effect.

Hi @Vdauphin

I want to split both Arsenal and Re-deploy actions in two different objects. Arsenal should be on a sparated ammobox, and re-deploy on a flag.

//Re-deploy

_action = ["fob_redeploy", localize "STR_BTC_HAM_ACTION_REDEPLOY_MAIN", "\A3\ui_f\data\igui\cfg\simpleTasks\types\run_ca.paa", {[] spawn btc_fnc_fob_redeploy}, {btc_p_redeploy}, {}, [], [0.4,0,0.4], 5] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

[btc_gear_object, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

//Arsenal

if (btc_p_arsenalType < 3) then {

btc_gear_object addAction [localize "STR_BTC_HAM_ACTION_ARSENAL_OPEN_BIS", "['Open',true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;"];

};

if (btc_p_arsenalType in [2, 4]) then {

btc_gear_object addAction [localize "STR_BTC_HAM_ACTION_ARSENAL_OPEN_ACE", "[player, player, true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_openBox;"];

};

Should I change name a flag "btc_redeploy" and edit line 95 from "btc_gear_object" to "btc_redeploy" ?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, PabloDMA said:

Should I change name a flag "btc_redeploy" and edit line 95 from "btc_gear_object" to "btc_redeploy" ?

Hello,

Yes!

Have fun!

• Like 1

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.18.3 hotfix is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

•  Mission.sqm unchanged.
  •  Changed param.hpp
  •  FIX: Floating hideouts (@Vdauphin).
  •  FIX: Checkpoint are too far from the city center (@Vdauphin).
  •  FIX: Missing spanish localization (@Vdauphin and @PabloDMA).
  •  FIX: Remove also weapon holder simulated (@Vdauphin).
  •  FIX: AI is healing him self in side mission treatment (@Vdauphin).
  •  FIX: Community Factions Project support (@Vdauphin).

Have fun!!!

• Like 3

I have finally been able to play the latest RHS version (1.18.3) of the mission for a bit now with a small group (2-4 players). The following problems/questions did come up:

1) How can you refuel the cistern (big tank) on the fuel truck?

2) What is a good way to succeed at convoy missions? We seem not being able to predict the route so we cannot setup a ground ambush. Patrolling between start and end point with a helicopter was the only working solution.

3) Would it be possible to move the Sling loading "HUD on/off" and the "Hook" actions into the ACE self interaction menu or allow direct keybinds for it. I guess you cannot use the vanilla sling loading system?

4) I assume it is not possible to have multiple logistics points so you can have additional ones at FOBs?

thx again for the mission.

Hello, thanks for your support!

13 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

1) How can you refuel the cistern (big tank) on the fuel truck?

That ACE, I guess doing this should work :

43038649-89874a6a-8d1d-11e8-8d4e-be6fd3f

16 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

What is a good way to succeed at convoy missions? We seem not being able to predict the route so we cannot setup a ground ambush. Patrolling between start and end point with a helicopter was the only working solution.

Every team have a different approach, most of the time, the use of an UAV and waiting at the end city by choosing the correct road is really effective.

19 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

3) Would it be possible to move the Sling loading "HUD on/off" and the "Hook" actions into the ACE self interaction menu

Yes but isn't a good idea because ACE self interaction is to slow for this kind of feature and you don't directly see when the option is available.

22 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

allow direct keybinds for it.

Yes... This need to be scripted through CBA (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/398).

23 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

I guess you cannot use the vanilla sling loading system?

No because it is too limited.

23 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

4) I assume it is not possible to have multiple logistics points so you can have additional ones at FOBs?

Not directly, the framework doesn't allow it.

Bye bye!

• Thanks 1

hey Vdauphin,

I am back with another problem. So I run the mission on a dedicated server and that thing runs 24/7.

Today we started playing again and the issue is that we cannot search dead insurgents for intel anymore. It did work yesterday. We can  however still interact with civis.

I tried #restart and #mission as admin. Both did not fix the problem. Next I restarted the server and hc process on the dedicated server. Still no fix for our problem.

Any idea how to fix this issue or what information do you need from me to investigate further?

35 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

hey Vdauphin,

I am back with another problem. So I run the mission on a dedicated server and that thing runs 24/7.

Today we started playing again and the issue is that we cannot search dead insurgents for intel anymore. It did work yesterday. We can  however still interact with civis.

I tried #restart and #mission as admin. Both did not fix the problem. Next I restarted the server and hc process on the dedicated server. Still no fix for our problem.

Any idea how to fix this issue or what information do you need from me to investigate further?

Hello,

Create an issue on github and follow the template (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md)

See you soon!

• Thanks 1

is there a way to change the reputation with a debug command? Ours magically changed from "high" to "very low" :|

Hi everyone! 

When i joined our server, I realized that the mission progress had not been loaded at all. I've start checking the .rpt but couldn't find any clue about what could happened.

Is there a way to check on the .rpt if someone has deleted the database? I mean, i know that someone had to log in as admin first in order to delete it, but im trying to look something that helps me to understand what happened

Maybe there's been an error loading mision data?? How do i check that?

18 hours ago, verstand3n said:

is there a way to change the reputation with a debug command? Ours magically changed from "high" to "very low" :|

Hello,

Yes type in debug console under Execute :

btc_global_reputation = 750;

and press SERVER EXEC

See you !

• Thanks 1

How do I include an item at the logistics point?
I want to create an item (mod item) through the logistic point but i don´t know how to add it in the listing.

21 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

How do I include an item at the logistics point?

Hello,

Here is the array generating the logistics point menu :

/core/def/mission.sqf#L293-L354

Just add your item in the correct section.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

IEDs are generated on the map and random objects are spawned on top of them (barrels, sacks, pallets, etc). btc_type_pallet

AI do not see these objects and drive into them, disabling their vehicles and sometimes killing themselves.

Would it be possible to disable the simulation on these objects so that they are visible but can be driven through?

Hello,

1 hour ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

IEDs are generated on the map and random objects are spawned on top of them (barrels, sacks, pallets, etc). btc_type_pallet

you mean btc_type_ieds ?

AI do not see these objects and drive into them, disabling their vehicles and sometimes killing themselves.

A good opportunity to heal them and get "free" reputation.

Would it be possible to disable the simulation on these objects so that they are visible but can be driven through?

Doesn't really an issue because IED disappear when players isn't in a city so they can drive "safer". If they don't crash at the next turn ... Also IED aren't objects, there are simple objects.

See you soon!

I would like to congratulate and thank, H & M is amazing, me and my friends are having a lot of fun.

We have been playing for a few months and even performing several side missions, repairing broken civilian vehicles on the road, destroying various ammo caches and 1 hideout our reputation is still very low, I recognize that in some rare times we hit some civilians by mistake, but were few times. Is it really that hard to improve reputation? In the documentation says that the "respawn" of the players affects the reputation, we are in doubt if it is to die in fact or the command "Esc -> Respawn".

Is there any way to improve the reputation I did not mention here?