giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hey,

I would like to use the "Add-RestrictedArsenal" function already in 1.8. 

Can I just merge it and edit all the listed files or is it dependent on other functions/files as well?

Hello,

14 hours ago, senqa20 said:

function already in 1.8. 

The 1.8 doesn't existe ;)

This feature is on the bugged developpement branch for the 1.19.

14 hours ago, senqa20 said:

Can I just merge it and edit all the listed files or is it dependent on other functions/files as well?

I don't think, if you know what you are doing, give it a try!

Cheers

Hey, thanks for this mission. I have some troubles with changing the mission parameters (change enemy faction etc)  in the slot selection while on my dedicated server, even as admin. On my client locally it works. Any ideas what I might do wrong?

edit: I changed the settings in the mission's param.hpp. Would be still nice to be able to change the settings on the server itself

Hello everyone,

And first sorry if it is already answered, but how would it be possible to use the advanced ace physician in the mission?

Just change the ace attributes in the editor for the playable units you want to be doctors 

i am trying to find help  but first some background i don't real know what i am doing i love your mission and changing things around i have gut to the point where i can change maps, units and gut a UNSUNG H & M working. But the vehicles are not working right any one that did spawn  just sit there i am trying to get a lot of armor going  for a  European style map .I upped the      btc_patrol_max = 40;      and nothing and i looked at the  /core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L181-L200 but that is way over my head is there a how to for dummies.

here is what i have it may be in this where i when't wrong 

btc_type_divers            =  ["rhs_msv_crew","rhs_vdv_armoredcrew","rhs_vdv_driver"];
btc_type_crewmen        = ["rhs_msv_crew","rhs_vdv_armoredcrew"];
btc_type_motorized         = ["rhs_mmp1_tv","rhs_bmp2_tv","bmpk_tv","rhs_btr60_vdv","rhs_gaz66_vdv"];
btc_type_motorized_armed =["rhs_t80uel","rhs_mmp1_tv","rhs_bmp2_tv","bmpk_tv"];

thanks for any help

Hello, and thanks

8 hours ago, antacid421 said:

here is what i have it may be in this where i when't wrong 

btc_type_divers            =  ["rhs_msv_crew","rhs_vdv_armoredcrew","rhs_vdv_driver"];
btc_type_crewmen        = ["rhs_msv_crew","rhs_vdv_armoredcrew"];
btc_type_motorized         = ["rhs_mmp1_tv","rhs_bmp2_tv","bmpk_tv","rhs_btr60_vdv","rhs_gaz66_vdv"];
btc_type_motorized_armed =["rhs_t80uel","rhs_mmp1_tv","rhs_bmp2_tv","bmpk_tv"];

Don't touch this if you are not conftable with it. Just select the enemy faction you want in mission parameter.

If you still have issue, send your rtp.

Good luck!

that way was so easy compared to what i was doing worked first try thanks.

I have difficulties to finish the "hack the missile" side mission. I don't get an interface whatsoever when I am at the device. Do I need a certain tool ? I am using ACE

1 hour ago, Tobur said:

I have difficulties to finish the "hack the missile" side mission. I don't get an interface whatsoever when I am at the device. Do I need a certain tool ? I am using ACE

Hello,

Just interact with the terminal and defend your position until the process is done.

Cheers.

enemy jet flying without textures when i choice184 -RHS_AFRF Red Hammer Studios: Russia (VMF) (Side: EAST) as enemy

Is there a way to set up the  gear box to only use one mods gear i am trying to use the Canadian forces 2 mod and they don't have a VAS for there gear and are not on your mods list. I found the " (btc_p_arsenalType > 0) then {[btc_gear_object,true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;}; " is there a way to change this to what i am looking to do or can i change it to one of the units in the /core/def/param.hpp#L41.?

thanks for any help

Hello,

14 hours ago, antacid421 said:

Is there a way to set up the  gear box to only use one mods gear i am trying to use the Canadian forces 2 mod

Sadly nothing implemented yet. A first step has been done in this pull request: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/511. Just sort the Arsenal by mod?

are not on your mods list

This list is only for civilian and enemy factions. It is not link to the gear box (Arsenal).

I found the " (btc_p_arsenalType > 0) then {[btc_gear_object,true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;}; " is there a way to change this to what i am looking to do or can i change it to one of the units in the /core/def/param.hpp#L41.?

Nothing you can do with those lines.

Cheers.

Hi everyone!

Quick question here. Is there a way to change the enemy faction? Our intention is to use (for instance) LOP_ISTS

Thanks!

1 minute ago, PabloDMA said:

Hi everyone!

Quick question here. Is there a way to change the enemy faction? Our intention is to use (for instance) LOP_ISTS

Thanks!

Hello, sure

Check in mission parameter (at mission start) the faction you want to use (See Enemy type: line), then define the default faction in  /core/def/param.hpp#L42

Cheers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello, sure

Check in mission parameter (at mission start) the faction you want to use (See Enemy type: line), then define the default faction in  /core/def/param.hpp#L42

Cheers

Thanks!!

And where can i find the Mission "Documentation" to translate it to spanish? When i say Documentation, y mean "Version, Interaction, Gear, Civilian, Reputation" etc..

1 minute ago, PabloDMA said:

Thanks!!

And where can i find the Mission "Documentation" to translate it to spanish? When i say Documentation, y mean "Version, Interaction, Gear, Civilian, Reputation" etc..

It is here : /stringtable.xml

If you need help post a comment in : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/400

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick answer!

One last question. I know how to save the mission progress, but how do I load mission progress when i update the .pbo
I dont want to bother you with this questions, so if theres any place where i can get the documentation regarding saving and loading, i will be grateful

Hello,

6 hours ago, PabloDMA said:

I know how to save the mission progress, but how do I load mission progress when i update the .pbo

The database does not depend on .pbo strictly speaking, so when a database is available the mission will load it. Honestly, i don't see case where you can make the loading fail by modify just the mission.sqm (if you add new vehicles, the H&M will simply deleted it because they do not exist when you saved). To be sure everything has loaded, you can check .rtp for errors.

6 hours ago, PabloDMA said:

I dont want to bother you with this questions

No problem! Main documentation is in the mission or you can check this tiny wiki: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki

Cheers

On 5/18/2018 at 12:15 PM, antacid421 said:

Is there a way to set up the  gear box to only use one mods gear i am trying to use the Canadian forces 2 mod and they don't have a VAS for there gear and are not on your mods list. I found the " (btc_p_arsenalType > 0) then {[btc_gear_object,true] call ace_arsenal_fnc_initBox;}; " is there a way to change this to what i am looking to do or can i change it to one of the units in the /core/def/param.hpp#L41.?

thanks for any help

In the past I've just deleted the equipment box and replaced it with the standard arsenal. But keep in mid we never redeploy out base. 

11 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

The database does not depend on .pbo strictly speaking, so when a database is available the mission will load it. Honestly, i don't see case where you can make the loading fail by modify just the mission.sqm (if you add new vehicles, the H&M will simply deleted it because they do not exist when you saved). To be sure everything has loaded, you can check .rtp for errors.

No problem! Main documentation is in the mission or you can check this tiny wiki: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki

Cheers

I'm getting this warning on RPT every time y save the mission progress

15:05:27 Warning Message: Problem occurred when saving profile data. The file may be set to read-only or can be blocked by another instance of the game (e.g., dedicated server).

Should continue this conversation on github maybe? Please let me know if theres anything I can do to solve this

1 hour ago, PabloDMA said:

I'm getting this warning on RPT every time y save the mission progress

Sound like the arma dedicated server does not have the permission to write on the server profile.

Should continue this conversation on github maybe

Yes, github is here for this kind of really technical question and have more tools to deal with.

Please let me know if theres anything I can do to solve this

Strictly follow https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Installation

You can find details here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/449#issuecomment-352271515

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 13/03/2018 at 5:14 AM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Just take a drone in the Arsenal, mount it and drive it to the city you want. Then drop leaflets over it.

In a circle of 200m all civilian will start to move to the closer church or if not available a safe area around the city.

Cheers.

30615221-83246042-9d8e-11e7-913a-7370f1c

Hello, 
How do I put the brochures on the drone? And what command to release the leaflets?

• Thanks 1

On 08/04/2014 at 7:44 AM, Harzach said:

Just spitballing here:

Hearts and minds? A lot of things you could do there - have a small percentage of civs spawn slightly wounded, and healing them raises rep, "bribing" with food and water, repairing civ vehicles, even simple conversation. Maybe have a few "interpreter" player slots, the only ones able to raise rep through conversation, at a cost of being limited in what weapons/attachments are available to them. Also, clearing areas of insurgency should raise overall rep, at least near that area.

---------- Post added at 06:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 ----------

It should be mentioned that this mission requires A3MP/AllInArma (terrain is Takistan) and CAF Aggressors.

How do I "bribe" food and water?

21 minutes ago, TonyStarkBR said:

How do I "bribe" food and water?

I don't know, write some code that makes it possible, perhaps? I was putting forth some ideas that may or may have not been implemented in the ensuing FOUR YEARS since I posted that reply :D