giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

1 hour ago, Vdauphin said:

As always. But the code at this particular point do not support an other spawn location. All others fnc can take in parameter an other spawn position but not the btc_fnc_log_create_apply. I don't see how in the dialog you could pass this spawn position depends on the red box (btc_create_object) you are using.

Wouldnt it be an amazing idea to create a ''init line'' to add to a 'Box', that calls to a/the specific fnc (such as ace arsenal). Then, your logistical system could be much more amazing . Btw, it deserves some recognition!

3 minutes ago, Marshall.I said:

Wouldnt it be an amazing idea to createa ''init line'' to add to a 'Box', that calls to a/the specific fnc (such as ace arsenal). Then, your logistical system could be much more amazing . Btw, it deserves some recognition!

It is already the case check this file: /core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L17

/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L97

Cheers

• Like 1

Is it possible to use ryan's zombie faction as enemy? Or should I tweak my self?

14 hours ago, eststar said:

Is it possible to use ryan's zombie faction as enemy? Or should I tweak my self?

Hello,

You can add the corresponding faction like it is explained here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/Add-factions

But, I am not sure this will fit the H&M gameplay ... I am curious to see the result!

Good luck!

Hello!

The Hearts and Minds mission 1.18 major update is here!

Now H&M requires CBA and ACE3 only. But there is also a RHSUS version!

Changelog :

- Changed mission.sqm and param.hpp

- Add: Now civilian can use UAV to drope bomb on player instead of using suicide bomber.
- Add: Better explosion effects for ieds.
- Add: Dynamic composition for the side mission clear mines field.
- Add: IDAP containers for supply side mission.
- Add: CBA and ACE3 mod only dependency.
- Add: New icons.
- Add: Specific icon to orders action.
- Add: Subtitles for conversations (@1kuemmel1).
- Add: ACE Arsenal (@Vdauphin).
- Add: Entry to the mission parameters to easily switch between BIS and/or ACE arsenal (@1kuemmel1).
- Add: Remove double actions in orders to civilians.
- Add: Expand place options.
- Add: Localization (Stringtable.xml).
- Add: Task description is now localize client side.
- Add: Marker texts are now localized to client.
- Add: Clean up stringtables.
- Add: Clean up English from stringtable.
- Add: Two ropes during towing.
- Add: Fire to civilian car decrease reputation.
- Add: Go away order is now directional.
- Add: Leaflets to evacuate civilian and avoid war crime.
- Add: Copy/Paste tool to duplicate containers.
- Add: Detect military building and populate it with enemies.
- Add: Shortcuts for civilian orders.
- Add: Use preprocessFileLineNumbers.
- Add: ACE3 progress bar and major clean up in files mission.
- Add: Optimize city creation by using simple objects.
- Add: Faster loading on player connection (@Vdauphin).
- Add: Clean up mission.sqf.
- Add: CfgFunctions in description.ext.
- Add: Improve code with `params` and `private` (@Vdauphin).
- Add: .editorconfig file for more consistent code style (@bux).
- Change: Normalize line endings (@bux).

- FIX: Suicider spawn after each save and restart.
- FIX: Tabs to spaces (@bux).
- FIX: City has no more suicider/drone (@Vdauphin).
- FIX: Vehicle customization is not persistant (@Vdauphin).
- FIX: Remove weapons when cache is destroyed (@Vdauphin).

- FIX: Deploy FOB hint is missing space.
- FIX: btc_fnc_mil_create_group return an array.
- FIX: Destroy underwater generator side mission script error.

Have fun!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

You can add the corresponding faction like it is explained here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/Add-factions

But, I am not sure this will fit the H&M gameplay ... I am curious to see the result!

Good luck!

I thought in like chernarus redux map using your great mission for apocalypse patrol maybe very interesting... But looks hard.

Anyway your mission is very nice. Especially enemy drones drop bombs above our head XD. 

• Haha 1

On 13/03/2018 at 4:28 AM, Laerte Leite said:

How can i use the drone with leaflets to make the evacuation of the civs.

Hello,

Just take a drone with a box bellow it in the Arsenal, mount it and drive it to the city you want. Then drop leaflets over it by firing.

In a circle of 200m all civilian will start to move to the closer church or if not available a safe area around the city.

Cheers.

30615221-83246042-9d8e-11e7-913a-7370f1c

Edited by Vdauphin
Make it even more explicit

Hey,

no matter what I play around with I can't change my view distance. Tried it with video settings and ace view distance. It works if I host H&M myself but as soon as the mission is running on a dedicated server it to drops 2-4km again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello

I was making a edited version of your mission for my group and we ran into a problem where the interpreter stopped being able to do all of the custom interactions that you have set up for them.  I have only made the interpreter a medic and a engineer in ace other than that i have not changed anything regarding that slot

any ideas would be very helpful 

24 minutes ago, DjGeneralE said:

Hello

I was making a edited version of your mission for my group and we ran into a problem where the interpreter stopped being able to do all of the custom interactions that you have set up for them.  I have only made the interpreter a medic and a engineer in ace other than that i have not changed anything regarding that slot

any ideas would be very helpful 

Hello and welcome,

I did a similar stuff in my own version and it works as it is intended.

Just add in the init fiel d of the unit :

this setVariable ["interpreter",true]

May be check your RTP in case you made a syntaxe error.

Bye!

On 14/03/2018 at 3:54 PM, senqa20 said:

Hey,

no matter what I play around with I can't change my view distance. Tried it with video settings and ace view distance. It works if I host H&M myself but as soon as the mission is running on a dedicated server it to drops 2-4km again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello,

I don't know. Ask it to ACE3 team. They should have the answer.

Bye

• Like 1

Hey Vdauphin, great work on the new update!

We want to use a script/mod that allows loading objects in vehicles physically, where they are seen like Boxloader (http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1199318917
Could you add a param to disable the cargo system or is there a simple way to do that through the code by commenting something out?
We run a public server with a modified version of this to fit the public more (change rep hit on player death and added some vehicle respawns for transports), and if we leave double systems.. it gets confusing for public players. We would rather just disable it for the mod.

Appreciate any insight, thanks for your work!

Hello,

6 hours ago, CraveMode said:

Hey Vdauphin, great work on the new update!

Thank you! And thanks all contributors also!

6 hours ago, CraveMode said:

Could you add a param to disable the cargo system or is there a simple way to do that through the code by commenting something out?

I think you just need to comment this: /core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L33-L41

But don't complain because your cargo is NOT persistent between game save :/

I should think to migrate this system to ACE3 cargo so we will have a simple way to disable it.

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

But don't complain because your cargo is NOT persistent between game save :/

I did not take that into consideration. We may leave it for persistent storage then and put up a notice about it. Thanks!

hello

is there a way to turn this of ? - Add: Now civilian can use UAV to drope bomb on player instead of using suicide bomber. just asking i like the old way better 

Just now, ice_age0815 said:

hello

is there a way to turn this of ? - Add: Now civilian can use UAV to drope bomb on player instead of using suicide bomber. just asking 

Hello,

yes check mission parametrers ;)

Cheers

Hello Vdauphin,

I've got the following problem, when a vehicle respawns, like for example a Tigr armed or a TPZ Fuchs in Troopentarn, the respawned vehicle has either lost its armament or spawns in the wrong camo. What causes this and how can I fix it?

Cheers

Hello, is there any way to make player side as Opfor?

Looks like this mission is only for blufor and some missions( rescue pilot) spawn blufor pilot...but you added list for blufor faction as enemy side.

Is there options for change friendly side? Or should I just deploy players as opfor side?

10 hours ago, [A] Salbei said:

Hello Vdauphin,

I've got the following problem, when a vehicle respawns, like for example a Tigr armed or a TPZ Fuchs in Troopentarn, the respawned vehicle has either lost its armament or spawns in the wrong camo. What causes this and how can I fix it?

Cheers

Hello,

I just wrote a FIX for that issue : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/503

Could you elaborate this particular point ? :

10 hours ago, [A] Salbei said:

armament

See you soon!

Hello,

3 hours ago, eststar said:

is there any way to make player side as Opfor?

Yes, change in mission.sqm BLUFOR units to OPFOR faction units you want to. And in /core/def/mission.sqf#L255 change to east or resistance so H&M know you changed player side. Of course, choose a BLUFOR enemy faction in mission parameter ;)

3 hours ago, eststar said:

Looks like this mission is only for blufor and some missions( rescue pilot) spawn blufor pilot...but you added list for blufor faction as enemy side.

Normally not because the mission apply the player_side defined in the mission.sqf (exemple : /core/fnc/side/rescue.sqf#L45)

Cheers!

59 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Yes, change in mission.sqm BLUFOR units to OPFOR faction units you want to. And in /core/def/mission.sqf#L255 change to east or resistance so H&M know you changed player side. Of course, choose a BLUFOR enemy faction in mission parameter ;)

Normally not because the mission apply the player_side defined in the mission.sqf (exemple : /core/fnc/side/rescue.sqf#L45)

Cheers!

Thank you sir! I will try!

Thanks for the fix on the customizations. What I mean is that A Tigr of RHS AFRF Mod armed with a PKM & GMG gets destroyed and when u repair it it does not turn back into the armed version, but instead gets replaced by an unarmed version.

Hello, here I take another problem...

I set parameter to spawn enemy armor and they are spawn in. But the crews or passengers are not spawning properly.

Almost half of them are spawn in with only vic, not any crew ride in.

Is it some kind of enemy unit cap setting problem? or intended to make abandoned vics?

Hello,

1 hour ago, eststar said:

I set parameter to spawn enemy armor and they are spawn in. But the crews or passengers are not spawning properly.

I didn't notice this :/ I quickly check and tank or helicopter spawn as intended :

37874363-dc69905a-302d-11e8-87bb-a04a2e7

I know sometimes, for unknown reason, some vehicle spawn empty but it is not related to the parameter "spawn enemy armor" you are talking about.

If you have more information or investigation on that, do not hesitate to create an issue on github. So it will be easier to work on that.

Cheers