giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

On 21.2.2018 at 10:16 PM, otarius-big said:

i want limited arsenal Weapon for players only. it possible?   

can u recomend how to  make it?

remove the arsenal as described in the readme.

edit the mission with eden

put down an object (e.g. supply box) in your base that you want to be the arsenal. doubleclick the box. go to equipment storage. clear under default. finally make sure it is cleared under virtual and tick everything you want to provide to the players.

hope this helps.

Destroyed vehicle wrecks seem to be deleted on server restart however the markers remain sometimes. I do have the do not delete function called correctly, and the vehicle variable in the array, just cannot figure out why it’s deleting them. 

On 24/02/2018 at 3:51 PM, MacTheGoon said:

Destroyed vehicle wrecks seem to be deleted on server restart however the markers remain sometimes. I do have the do not delete function called correctly, and the vehicle variable in the array, just cannot figure out why it’s deleting them. 

Hello,

Just tested and everything work on the last released. Check changes you made may you have a conflict with them. Also, check your RTP server side.

Bye!

Hello!
First of all, thanks for the dedication and hours of work invested to the proyect. Its a really good work. We would like to know if ther's any chance to isolate the civilian interaction script used in hearts & minds to be used in other operations
Thank you!

1 hour ago, PabloDMA said:

Hello!
First of all, thanks for the dedication and hours of work invested to the proyect. Its a really good work. We would like to know if ther's any chance to isolate the civilian interaction script used in hearts & minds to be used in other operations
Thank you!

Hello, thanks man !

All scripts in H&M are integrated and worked together for better consistency in game. Sadly, this carefull integration makes any feature difficult to isolate and I will never work on that due to the limited number of time I have.

Cheers.

Sorry If you have answered this question a lot already here, And I did read through the whole thread back in November and remember seeing it brought up. Call me lazy but I can't bring my self to go through 37 pages again. But I'm having trouble understanding how to add multiple custom locations to the mission. I got it too work with one location before but its been a while. I'm trying to use this mission file on the PR F.A.T.A a3 Terrain and its "indexed" funny. Theres a couple hide outs that spawn in really stupid positions. For example in a large dry river bed just off from a long bridge and a few out in the middle of no where on a hill or beside a village on a hill in the open. I'd like them In towns if at all possible. But I decided to go in and make a bunch of locations with the custom position function. Soo technically need a help with 2 different issues. Should I make large black listed areas except for the towns I want to add.

Other than that can someone give me an example for the custom locations. Here is what I tried to use and It did not work. 

btc_custom_loc = [[4133.92,4118.65,0],"Suhanir","Village",800,800,true],[6706.25,4113.04,0],"Uragal Valley","Rural",800,800,true],[6369.56,4889.58,0],"Central Village","Village",800,800,true],[5633.43,5379.77,0]"Mussarem","Village",800,800,true],[6934.05,5319.92,0]"Razzale","Village",800,800,true],[5254.88,3985.85,0]"Goram","Village",800,800,true],[4315.18,3605.31,0]"Tottah","Village",800,800,true],[3553.81,4460.65,0]"Azagal","Village",800,800,true],[4870.85,5268.53,0]"Hama","Village",800,800,true],[4146.1,9645.05,0]"North Village","Village",800,800,true],[997.113,5821.54,0]"West Village","Village",800,800,true],[3040.44,6390.44,0]"Abbadaez","Village",800,800,true],[4369.5,6970.19,0]"Bahad","Village",800,800,true],[5467.25,5861.74,0]"Khassadar","Village",800,800,true],[6144.97,5768.41,0]"Sirak","Village",800,800,true]
];

Am I wrong to be putting the commas in? Have a very limed knowledge of scripting I can basically just change phram files around. Oh one more thing. what exactly am I defining with the stuff after the position. I figure the names that show up on the map. Some sort of spawn radius? And is the True the meaning its occupied? 

Any help would be awesome guys, Thanks in advance!

can we in next update choice  player side unit changabel  mission setting  like enemy side?   i think it will more  interesting . imean  let player  change   faction on west or east side army

sorry for my bad english

Hello and welcome!!!

On 02/03/2018 at 3:31 PM, sixtyten6010 said:

Here is what I tried to use and It did not work. 

It is not working because you did some syntaxes error (check your RTP to see them (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#Arma_3)). For exemple you wrote : [4315.18,3605.31,0]"Tottah","Village",800,800,true but it is [4315.18,3605.31,0],"Tottah","Village",800,800,true (add a comma in between position and name of the city)

Check this for more explaination on how to add custom location :

what exactly am I defining with the stuff after the position.

[position, type of location, name of the town, spawn radius x, spawn radius y, is occupied by enemies

]

So watch out: "Village" is not a type of location. Arma 3 only support this type of location : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Location#Arma 3 and H&M change it behavior depend on that type (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/Enemy-spawn#enemy--spawn-).

I'd like them In towns if at all possible.

Here is where H&M select randomly cities : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/mil/create_hideout.sqf#L14-L17

Should I make large black listed areas except for the towns I want to add.

You should be allow to change those lines accordingly to your criteria.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, otarius-big said:

can we in next update choice  player side unit changabel  mission setting  like enemy side?   i think it will more  interesting . imean  let player  change   faction on west or east side army

Hello,

Nothing more is going to be add in the next update. May be on the next one, if somebody do a PR on that.

Have fiun!

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds

apart from stuff falling through the carrier I do not expect any issues ;)

If you want to change your own faction you can replace the vehicles, just make sure to name them correctly.

I am not sure how well this will work though. Since you have to do patrolling you will need a pilot on standby.

17 hours ago, WastedMike_ said:

Anyone looking into a carrier based, non RHS version of Hearts and Minds?

Hello,

@WastedMike_ In this cases just use a submarine like this:

710560be-0045-11e7-8e17-1486d1c809da.png

Have fuuun!

if you scroll up you see my post about it:

I believe how to remove the arsenal is actually only described in the forums so, here you go:

- remove arsenal:
 Remove (or comment out) the line here:
/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L86:
btc_gear_object addAction ["<t color='#ff1111'>Arsenal</t>", "['Open',true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;"];

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

if you scroll up you see my post about it:

I believe how to remove the arsenal is actually only described in the forums so, here you go:

- remove arsenal:
 Remove (or comment out) the line here:
/core/fnc/int/add_actions.sqf#L86:
btc_gear_object addAction ["<t color='#ff1111'>Arsenal</t>", "['Open',true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;"];

Awesome, thank you. I'll see if this works.

Hi Vdauphin

I wish to know if there is a way to make H&M without the needing ACE. 

Hi Vdauphin,

Is it possible to add multiple ''Logistical Boxes''? There is one standard in the mission file, but I would love to add another one!

Ive seen some reference to the box in the mission files but I can't figure it out!

Also, is it possible to enable the use of multiple HCs instead of just the one?

Thanks in advance!

vdauphin already answered the question about more then 1 hc here in the forums, on page 36:

This is not necessary to add more because H&M use a caching system, it only generate enemies around player. The headless is only here to handle enemies patrol which are persistant even if player is not around. Because H&M genereate only a limited number of patrol (enemies patrol have an average of 50 enemies)  only one headless is necessary.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Marshall.I said:

Is it possible to add multiple ''Logistical Boxes''? There is one standard in the mission file, but I would love to add another one!

Ive seen some reference to the box in the mission files but I can't figure it out!

Hello,

Sadly you can't do it easily due to

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/log/dlg.hpp#L64

The spawn position is not passed as an argument :/

Have fun!

2 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Sadly you can't do it easily due to

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/log/dlg.hpp#L64

The spawn position is not passed as an argument :/

Have fun!

But in theory it ccould be manually added?

6 minutes ago, Marshall.I said:

But in theory it ccould be manually added?

As always. But the code at this particular point do not support an other spawn location. All others fnc can take in parameter an other spawn position but not the btc_fnc_log_create_apply. I don't see how in the dialog you could pass this spawn position depends on the red box (btc_create_object) you are using.