giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

@Vdauphin

since the new rhs release, your mission (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/releases/tag/1.17.4 / Altis) throws an error at first start:

19:07:50  > No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'.

and goes back to mission selection..

used mods: @CBA_A3;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_COMPAT_AFRF;@ACE_COMPAT_USAF;@ACE_COMPAT_GREF;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@Project_Opfor (all newest version & official repo) + HC Client (same mods)

parameter used (fresh start, no loaded savegame):

enemy faction > LOP ISIS (EAST)

civ / vehicles > LOP Middle Eastern

rpt here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25933386/

UPDATE: confirmed this bug (def. param)on 2 hosts, even with minimal req. mods (@CBA_A3;@ACE;@ACE_COMPAT_USAF;@RHSUSAF), mission loads, goes back to selection screen 

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'.

rpt: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25933434/

Hello,

17 hours ago, yxman said:

19:07:50  > No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'.

As I can see, this is just a warning message in your rtp. Also, I tested and took a close look to your RTP and mine and I don't have this warning (https://gist.github.com/Vdauphin/a4c68e45c29d8d654b26c4bf0ac9866d). You can see the

21:50:14 "=BTC= HEARTS AND MINDS VERSION 1.17.4"

message meaning that Hearts and missions just start to initialise. Because your warning appearing before this message, I think it is an Arma 3 or mod issue. I am pretty sure if you launch a BI mission you will have the same warning :/

May be an arma 3 check could resolve this.

Let me know if you find a solution

See you soon!

thanks, i think i found the problem its mod related, see rhs release thread.

edit:

confirmed, its mod related.

@Vdauphin i ported this mission to vanilla assets only (RHS truck > HEMTT, RHS  RHS_CH_47F to Chinook, etc...), i got a question regarding the cargo space of vehicles, since the HEMTT (Transport) is the only vehicle capable of transporting the FOB container (10 size) is it possible to change the size of the cargo container(FOB)/or change the cargo space of other vehicles? the HEMTT is not liftable with the the chinook.

Bonjour,

On 11/11/2017 at 2:46 AM, yxman said:

confirmed, its mod related.

Thanks for the report, good news ^^.

On 11/11/2017 at 2:46 AM, yxman said:

@Vdauphin i ported this mission to vanilla assets only (RHS truck > HEMTT, RHS  RHS_CH_47F to Chinook, etc...), i got a question regarding the cargo space of vehicles, since the HEMTT (Transport) is the only vehicle capable of transporting the FOB container (10 size) is it possible to change the size of the cargo container(FOB)/or change the cargo space of other vehicles? the HEMTT is not liftable with the the chinook.

I downloaded the last H&M released and just replaced the RHS truck > HEMTT, RHS  RHS_CH_47F to Chinook. Here are results :

32799805-01e40d4a-c979-11e7-8e94-ce88961

32799819-0d31a932-c979-11e7-9c88-8d21f39

Have fun !

• Like 1

you're right, i tried to load HEMTT+FOB inside, this doesn't work, is there still any way to change the cargo reg./type of the fob container?

Just now, yxman said:

ah nice, thank you :)

You welcome :)

28 minutes ago, yxman said:

i tried to load HEMTT+FOB inside, this doesn't work

I don't understand, the FOB can be loaded inside the HEMTT and also lifted by the chinook, nop ?

hey Vdauphin and other players of the mission, I have 2 questions:

1) How do you guys deal with civis and civilian cars, specificially how do you search civs and civilians for IEDs?

2) I feel that very often the civilians do not respond to orders, especially when telling them to "go away" after a "halt" order. Can people confirm this is happening to them, too?

3) Regarding the database: if I switch off autosave in the parameters saves will only be created when an admin manually saves?; will renaming the mission pbo file break the save? I did not understand how and where the database is saved by looking at your code ;)

Hello!

6 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

1) How do you guys deal with civis and civilian cars, specificially how do you search civs and civilians for IEDs?

Basically civilian cars don't have IEDs but it doesn't mean you need to ignore them ;) When driver start panicing they could drive over you.

I don't search civilian because I know they will trigger their IED before I search them ! So when you meet a civilian, for the first time, you need to be very caution ...

9 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

2) I feel that very often the civilians do not respond to orders, especially when telling them to "go away" after a "halt" order. Can people confirm this is happening to them, too?

This is intended. When you give an order, the civilian do it and wait until you leave him alone (/core/fnc/int/orders_behaviour.sqf#L33). During this time the civilian will not follow other orders (/core/fnc/int/orders_behaviour.sqf#L9). I guess, it is done like that may be because civilians are not your pet ^^.

15 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

3) Regarding the database: if I switch off autosave in the parameters saves will only be created when an admin manually saves?;

Exactly (/wiki/InGame-documentation#headless--data-base)

16 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

will renaming the mission pbo file break the save?

Nop :)

17 minutes ago, verstand3n said:

I did not understand how and where the database is saved by looking at your code ;)

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/220#issuecomment-253285840

See you soon!

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, yxman said:

@Vdauphin

since the new rhs release, your mission (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/releases/tag/1.17.4 / Altis) throws an error at first start:

and goes back to mission selection..

used mods: @CBA_A3;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_COMPAT_AFRF;@ACE_COMPAT_USAF;@ACE_COMPAT_GREF;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@Project_Opfor (all newest version & official repo) + HC Client (same mods)

parameter used (fresh start, no loaded savegame):

enemy faction > LOP ISIS (EAST)

civ / vehicles > LOP Middle Eastern

rpt here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25933386/

UPDATE: confirmed this bug (def. param)on 2 hosts, even with minimal req. mods (@CBA_A3;@ACE;@ACE_COMPAT_USAF;@RHSUSAF), mission loads, goes back to selection screen 

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Heli_light_03_base_F/HitPoints/HitGlass8.name'.

rpt: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25933434/

Ah yes! Someone else who has had the same issues as I am right now. I've been banging my head trying to figure out what is going on. Was constantly kicked back to the lobby with the same error. Plus after trying to get in 2-3 times and finally manage to get into the mission, we noticed that everyone's ace interaction menus completely stopped working and we were all unkillable, haha. So now I know what's causing the first issue, now I just need to figure out why ACE is freaking out now. *Sigh* Oh, ArmA......how you hate me so, lol. :P

• Like 1

Hey @Vdauphin just ported this across to Lythium and added the Takistan CUP faction using the instructions in the wiki.
Problem is as an interpreter (with the correct code in the init) I get no options when talking to the civilians, I just get the same ACE interactions as anyone else.

Any idea what I might have done wrong???

Thanks

10 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Hey @Vdauphin just ported this across to Lythium and added the Takistan CUP faction using the instructions in the wiki.
Problem is as an interpreter (with the correct code in the init) I get no options when talking to the civilians, I just get the same ACE interactions as anyone else.

Any idea what I might have done wrong???

Thanks

Hello!

Fix on the road https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/440

See you soon!

• Like 1

That's good news, thank you.
Hopefully it's a fairly simple fix.

1 hour ago, otarius-big said:

if i will port this mission  on clafghan map  what  parametres i must change inside mission?

Hello, if the map use the arma 3 standard, none just follow this: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds.

But basically you can :

- turn off : Extend battlefield to sea

- tweak the : Spawn city radius offset

- turn on the Debug on your computer to see if everything is okay.

Have fun !

Any luck with the civilian interaction fix?

1 hour ago, JD Wang said:

Any luck with the civilian interaction fix?

Hello, it is merged. I am waiting for 3.12.0 RC ACE3 to release the hotfix.

See you!

• Thanks 1

Hello !

The H&M 1.17.5 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- Param.hpp changed.
- Mission.sqm unchanged.
- FIX: Civilian H&M-interaction do not appear for some mod.
- FIX: No reaction to orders (civilian from mod factions).
- FIX: Missing factions due to mods update.
- FIX: RTP errors when EH are removed twice.
- FIX: Syntaxe error for setWaypointType.
- FIX: some spelling/grammar.
- FIX: Civilian give hideout information in final phase.
- FIX: Selectrandom in troops.sqf.

Have fun!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey,

first off thanks for this awesome Project. My group really loves it.

But I have a Question.

Is there a way to delete vehicles from the Database? If I have a saved game on my server with for example an AH-6 (btc_veh_15) and I delete this one in the editor as well as in the vehicle array and upload this mission on my server it will appear again in the mission since it is saved on the DB.

So how do I get rid off it for all time? Delete it with Zeus and then save?

Thanks and greetings

Hello and welcome !

1 minute ago, raptor5 said:

Delete it with Zeus and then save?

Exactly :)

See you !

Alright thanks that worked.

I just upgraded to the new version but now it doesn't load my save from the previous version anymore is that normal or did I do something wrong?

1 minute ago, raptor5 said:

I just upgraded to the new version but now it doesn't load my save from the previous version anymore is that normal or did I do something wrong?

Sadly you did something wrong :/

Always check your RTP server side to understand what you did wrong.

Good luck!