giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

23 minutes ago, ice_age0815 said:

hi are you gone add more side mission at some point . just asking 

Hello,

Yes, a new one where you need to defend a terminal! (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/330)

I also think the new DLC could improve currents side mission. Of course, you or anyone else are to free to push a new/improve side mission :)

See you soon!

Nice update. My group will be playing it tonight. Thx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In version 1.17 if I want to up the chances of a particular unit being spawned would I now add it in here

btc_type_units = btc_type_units + ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];

Thanks

Eric

1 minute ago, eric963 said:

In version 1.17 if I want to up the chances of a particular unit being spawned would I now add it in here

btc_type_units = btc_type_units + ["Blabla","moreBlabla"];

Thanks

Eric

Hello,

Yes :)

Have fun!

Just a comment, be aware that you cannot load unconscious patient into Taru medical pod, but player can get in and be treated while conscious.

Updated Current Adaptation of Malden map zip file downloads using Ace Advanced Medical, more features, added more custom AO zones. - with mods available 

Advanced Urban Rappelling  |        @AdvancedUrbanRappelling |      
                                  F/A-18 Super Hornet pack |        @JS_JC_FA18 |     
                                  CUP Terrains - Core 1.3.0 |        @CUP_Terrains_Core- 1.3.0 | 
                                                 MELB v0.00003  |        @MELB |       
                                RHS: United States Forces |         @RHSUSF |                                          

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation |        @RHSAFRF |      
  Advanced Combat Environment Extras 3.2.0.4 |        @ACEX |      
             Advanced Combat Environment 3.10.22|        @ace |     
            Community Base Addons v3.4.0.170627|        @CBA_A3 |

_____________________Optional

great with TFAR radio mod

if downloading and using RHS from steam launcher use
@ Ace3 RHS compat AFRF
@ Ace3 RHS compat USF

https://github.com/Breech99/HeartsAndMinds/tree/Hearts-and-MindsMain_Blufor_Base

Enjoy!    

Testing out different Taru pod from this :

"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_F",

to this:  

"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_black_F",

Hello !

Some H&M fan (:f:) already notice the H&M 1.17.1 major update is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

I also thanks @revendel for his contributions for fixes and a new feature.

Changelog :

- Changed mission.sqm and param.hpp from H&M 1.16.6.
- Add: Reputation malus when a building is damaged/destroyed (@revendel).
- Add: Civilian can trow Molotov cocktail or handgrenade.
- Add: Civil give the number of hideouts left.
- Add: You can lift wreck underwater with the SVD.
- Add: Empty ammo box.
- Add: Players markers in Global channel are now persistent.
- Add: Now damage of each vehicle parts are saved in Database.
- Add: Logistic point available objects depend on loaded mods.
- Add: Units close to the generator in the Side mission.
- Add: New side mission hack a missile.
- Add: Side mission cycle.
- Add: Garage for admin.
- Add: A semi Automatic mod support based on faction name (187 enemies factions and 15 civilians factions available).
- Add: You can select Anti Air enemy.
- Add: You can select Tank enemy.
- Add: An option to activate vehicle armed in hideout or side mission or cache.
- Add: Optimize actions for civil orders.
- Add: Optimize trigger detection for slow server.
- Add: Optimize mission parameters.
- REMOVE: btc_hq_red/blu/green soldier in mission.sqm.
- Add: Create function for EventHandlers.
- Add: btc_fnc_city_create for city\init.sqf.
- Add: CBA Per Frame Handlers to H&M.
- Add: Optimize server network by using remoteExec instead of BIS_fnc_MP.

- FIX: Destroyed vehicle are not destroyed after server restart.
- FIX: Wrong color for the medical taru pod.

- FIX: Side mission mine is not trigger correctly.
- FIX: Units in house are not saved correctly.
- FIX: Foot patrol can spawn inside rock.
- FIX: Detect more accuratly city center in some cases.

As always, good luck!!!

• Like 3

Just discovered this last night, it really looks great. Thank you for all the work you've put into it, I can't wait to have my guys start this.
I do have a couple of quick questions though.

If I want to restrict the arsenal can I just use my normal arsenal script and just not name the box?

Would there be any issue running an AI mod like VCOM?

I noticed last night while doing some quick testing that some of the squads would have tank crews as members etc, is there a way to blacklist units from appearing in enemy squads?

Finally once you find all the enemy hideouts does that end the mission?

Thanks again for what looks to be an amazing mission and all the work you've put into it.

Hello,

13 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

If I want to restrict the arsenal can I just use my normal arsenal script and just not name the box?

I never used restriction. Just use your normal arsenal script I guess (somebody talk about it somewhere, can't remember where sorry). Don't remove the box name, you will not be allow to redeploy you to FOB.

Never used. I have no idea how VCOM AI is working ... The main issue I can see is if VCOM remove waypoints set by H&M. But, again I don't know at all. So if you want you can investigate :)

I noticed last night while doing some quick testing that some of the squads would have tank crews as members etc, is there a way to blacklist units from appearing in enemy squads?

Yes, take a look here and tell me if you need more help : /core/def/mission.sqf#L506

I am also interested by the black list you want to apply to improve the currect system.

Finally once you find all the enemy hideouts does that end the mission?

No, you just did half of the work ;)

Thanks again for what looks to be an amazing mission and all the work you've put into it.

You welcome !

See you soon!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vdauphin said:
8 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Never used. I have no idea how VCOM AI is working ... The main issue I can see is if VCOM remove waypoints set by H&M. But, again I don't know at all. So if you want you can investigate :)

I am using vcomAI in script form. I spoke with genesis and he's currently updating to make even more efficient with even more features. I spent time in debug and I didn't see anything go wrong with the mission.  The Ai respond very well and scare the crap out of my friends and I. They lay tripwires, mines, rout, flank, rally, duck and use corners of window frames with full auto, stuff like that. I even fleshed out malden shops and added more buildings to match google earth.  See what the waypoints are doing. I see civies driving normally and normal movement. Give the Malden.zip a try ---- https://github.com/Breech99/HeartsAndMinds/tree/Hearts-and-MindsMain_Blufor_Base

• Like 1

3 hours ago, breech99 said:

I am using vcomAI in script form. I spoke with genesis and he's currently updating to make even more efficient with even more features. I spent time in debug and I didn't see anything go wrong with the mission.  The Ai respond very well and scare the crap out of my friends and I. They lay tripwires, mines, rout, flank, rally, duck and use corners of window frames with full auto, stuff like that. I even fleshed out malden shops and added more buildings to match google earth.  See what the waypoints are doing. I see civies driving normally and normal movement. Give the Malden.zip a try ---- https://github.com/Breech99/HeartsAndMinds/tree/Hearts-and-MindsMain_Blufor_Base

Hi everyone

I have been using VCOM AI Script version with H&M Modded Version since earlier this year. The script work well with H&M. Only thing I did to make full use of VCOM AI Script in H&M is by turning of the H&M AI Skill in the Parameter. I hope this help others

Best Regards

Azrin

Interesting azrink. I'll have to try that out.   I've left the H&M skill parameters on, set by the dialog parameters and they still seem pretty scary. So much more fun with VcomAI.

The other day I peered out the corner of this window in a house I took refuge in, thinking this btr-70 would just drive on by, (I wasn't too careful and the men riding on top spotted me) they stopped and unloaded men off the top. Soon after I had 10 guys trying to enter but some got blown up by my claymore booby traps. They finally grew tired of my shooting back and planted charges around the house, slowly pulled back and brought the house down on top of me. Hilarious.

I've tried to add @Vdauphin as creator in the WS page, but it seems he can't upload the mission. Not sure how WS works in that regard

1 hour ago, giallustio said:

I've tried to add @Vdauphin as creator in the WS page, but it seems he can't upload the mission. Not sure how WS works in that regard

Yeah I saw. Nice move. Sorry to hear that it's not working for you. Closed processes work great until they fail :(

I know we can use the parameters to turn on and turn off tanks, but is there a way to adjust how rare they are?
I'd like my insurgents to have armour, but only very very rarely. Is there a way to adjust that?

4 hours ago, JD Wang said:

I know we can use the parameters to turn on and turn off tanks, but is there a way to adjust how rare they are?
I'd like my insurgents to have armour, but only very very rarely. Is there a way to adjust that?

Hello,

Actually you can't change it with mission parameter. You need to add class name you want to see more often inside the dedicated array :  https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L506

This option gives to big team the opportunity to use tank and plane to bring the standard infrantry gameplay to a more heavy vehicle gameplay. So, don't forget to upgrade standard vehicles to bigger ones ;)

Have fun!

Well after a couple of weeks running this mission on our small server, I just have to come back and say a very hearty thank you for all the work you've put into this mission.

It's some of the most fun our small group has had playing ARMA, and our server is busier than it has ever been. Everyone is have a really great time so thank you.

I do have 1 more request though with regards to IED's (and a suggestion). We use the ACE 3 mine detector and have found that a lot of the IED's will explode before we can get close enough to detect them. Is there any way to either increase the detection radius, or decrease the distance at which the IED triggers? I know the guys can crawl to get closer, but having to crawl while using the mine detector just doesn't seem right. 

Also something that the EOD mod had which I'd really like to see if it's not too much work would be trigger men. For example with the EOD mod it would spawn a civilian car (or any type of IED) on the side of the road and a man standing watching it about 50m away. If you got close to the car it would explode, but if you spotted the man and captured him he would have a radio/cellphone on him. if you took that off him (or simply killed him) then you could approach the car without the IED going off. I hope I'm explaining that correctly.

It just adds another level of "realism" and rewards those players with the awareness to spot the trigger men.

Just a thought, the mission is amazing already, thanks again, I can't wait to see what the future holds for this mission.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2017 at 1:06 AM, JD Wang said:

Well after a couple of weeks running this mission on our small server, I just have to come back and say a very hearty thank you for all the work you've put into this mission.It's some of the most fun our small group has had playing ARMA, and our server is busier than it has ever been. Everyone is have a really great time so thank you.

I do have 1 more request though with regards to IED's (and a suggestion). We use the ACE 3 mine detector and have found that a lot of the IED's will explode before we can get close enough to detect them. Is there any way to either increase the detection radius, or decrease the distance at which the IED triggers? I know the guys can crawl to get closer, but having to crawl while using the mine detector just doesn't seem right. 

It just adds another level of "realism" and rewards those players with the awareness to spot the trigger men.

Just a thought, the mission is amazing already, thanks again, I can't wait to see what the future holds for this mission.

Hello,

Thank you!

or decrease the distance at which the IED triggers?

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/ied/check.sqf#L21

} foreach (_ied nearEntities ["allvehicles", 10]);

change 10 by the distance you like :)

Is there any way to either increase the detection radius

Don't know, Ask to ACE3 team :/

I know the guys can crawl to get closer

You can also crouch and walk but carefull, if you rotate while walking, the IED could be trigger (DO NOT rotate while your are walking: prefer walk, stop, rotate, walk again etc). (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/InGame-documentation#ied)

Also something that the EOD mod had which I'd really like to see if it's not too much work would be trigger men. For example with the EOD mod it would spawn a civilian car (or any type of IED) on the side of the road and a man standing watching it about 50m away. If you got close to the car it would explode, but if you spotted the man and captured him he would have a radio/cellphone on him. if you took that off him (or simply killed him) then you could approach the car without the IED going off. I hope I'm explaining that correctly.

Sound amazing :) but time you know ;)

Stay in touch or contribute :) !

Have a good day!

@Vdauphin So last time we discussed the stamina issue and I was finally able to get around to trying it and for some reason that's not taking the stamina away. Is there something else I need to disable or something else I can try? 

On 18.3.2017 at 8:35 PM, Vdauphin said:

As far as I remember ACE has an Advanced fatigue system.

Sorry for the question, I have also disabled Stamina via the "init_players.sqf" with the command disbaling stamina command in line 6, stamina is still on.

Where and how excatly can I disable the ACE advance fatigue?

Cheers Black

7 hours ago, Blackc0bra212 said:

@Vdauphin So last time we discussed the stamina issue and I was finally able to get around to trying it and for some reason that's not taking the stamina away. Is there something else I need to disable or something else I can try? 

Sorry for the question, I have also disabled Stamina via the "init_players.sqf" with the command disbaling stamina command in line 6, stamina is still on.

Where and how excatly can I disable the ACE advance fatigue?

Cheers Black

Hello!

Now, just open the Arma 3 editor select module in the right panel, then ACE and select the module named Avanced fatigue. Add it to your mission and select inside the appropriate option to disable ACE3 fatigue.

Best regards.

Quick question, is there an easy way to turn off the cargo system and just use the standard ACE cargo?
Main reason I ask is because we often use the 3CB addon pack and they have a logistics system for their vehicles which uses ACE and it seems like the Hearts and Minds version overwrites it so we end up with gear missing out of our cargos.

If that can't be done then is there a way I can stop the spare wheels from being removed from cargo?

Thanks again