giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

After reading through this thread I've learned that you can only save by using a dedicated server. Is this correct?

1 hour ago, pvt. partz said:

After reading through this thread I've learned that you can only save by using a dedicated server. Is this correct?

Hello,

Yes because this mission only works on dedicate server.

Bye!

• Like 1

Updated Current Adaptation of Malden and Tanoa maps zip file downloads - with mods available 

Advanced Urban Rappelling  |              @AdvancedUrbanRappelling |      
                           F/A-18 Super Hornet pack |                @JS_JC_FA18 |     
                          CUP Terrains - Core 1.3.0 |                 @CUP_Terrains_Core-1.3.0 | 
                                      MELB v0.00003 |                     @MELB |   
                                           USAF Mod |                        @USAF |      
                          RHS: United States Forces |                @RHSUSF |    

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation |    @RHSAFRF |      
           Advanced Combat Environment Extras 3.2.0 |   @ACEX |      
                  Advanced Combat Environment 3.10.21|    @ace |     
                       Community Base Addons v3.3.1 |          @CBA_A3 |

https://github.com/Breech99/HeartsAndMinds/tree/Hearts-and-MindsMain_Blufor_Base

Enjoy!     

Hello !

The H&M 1.16.5 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- CHANGED param.hpp
- Unchanged mission.sqm
- FIX: Side mission Hostage fail for no reason.
- FIX: AI skills is not set correctly (ACE 3.10.0).
- FIX: IEDs appear in front of player in some cases.
- FIX: Hide the box uses during the wreck lift.

Good luck!!

17 hours ago, WastedMike_ said:

How do we enable the enemy factions to use jets and helicopters?

Hello,

You can add the desire jets or helicopters type directly inside array available in /core/def/mission.sqf#L494

The 1.17 update will have an option in mission parameter to extend the infantry gameplay to a more vehicle armed gameplay (here is the pull request : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/290).

Best regards.

Thanks for the quick fix on the destroyed vehicle markers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 30/06/2017 at 10:42 PM, eric963 said:

Thanks for the quick fix on the destroyed vehicle markers!!!

You welcome!

Since the update, i can no longer save the location of units i placed as Zeus. was there any change?

4 hours ago, the m said:

Since the update, i can no longer save the location of units i placed as Zeus. was there any change?

Hello,

No change from H&M side on Zeus :/

Have a good day!

Hi Vdauphin

I have created custom Hearts & Minds mission in Prei Khmaoch Luong Map in Cambodia. Everyhing is good. I have add in 3 custom location in "Define_Mod.sqm", However only 1 custom location is created when I load up the mission, while the 2 custom location that I have created did not appear. May I know what could be the cause and how to mitigate this issue? Below are the custom location that I have add in the "Define_Mod.sqm" and only Custom Location in "Blue Font" generated ingame. 

btc_custom_loc = [
//EXAMPLE: [[13132.8,3315.07,0.00128174],"NameVillage","Mountain 1",800,800,true]
];

btc_custom_loc = [
[[5278,933.486,95.536],"Kampung Bunian","Mountain 1",600,600,true]
];
btc_custom_loc = [
[[6107.78,6735.1,181.26],"FOB Ayam Emas","Mountain 3",500,500,true]
];

btc_custom_loc = [
[[545.14,3141.56,175.555],"Kampung Durian Tiga Batang","Mountain 2",500,500,true]
];

btc_city_blacklist pushBack "Tonle Teuktnaot",;
btc_city_blacklist pushBack "OP Pyle",;
btc_city_blacklist pushBack "Phoumi moattonle",;

Your guide is highly appreciated.

Regards

2 hours ago, azrink said:

Hi Vdauphin

I have created custom Hearts & Minds mission in Prei Khmaoch Luong Map in Cambodia. Everyhing is good. I have add in 3 custom location in "Define_Mod.sqm", However only 1 custom location is created when I load up the mission, while the 2 custom location that I have created did not appear. May I know what could be the cause and how to mitigate this issue? Below are the custom location that I have add in the "Define_Mod.sqm" and only Custom Location in "Blue Font" generated ingame. 

btc_custom_loc = [
//EXAMPLE: [[13132.8,3315.07,0.00128174],"NameVillage","Mountain 1",800,800,true]
];

btc_custom_loc = [
[[5278,933.486,95.536],"Kampung Bunian","Mountain 1",600,600,true]
];
btc_custom_loc = [
[[6107.78,6735.1,181.26],"FOB Ayam Emas","Mountain 3",500,500,true]
];

btc_custom_loc = [
[[545.14,3141.56,175.555],"Kampung Durian Tiga Batang","Mountain 2",500,500,true]
];

Your guide is highly appreciated.

Regards

Hello,

You just did a little mistake : btc_custom_loc is an array so the syntaxe for multiple element in the array looks like this:

btc_custom_loc = [town1,town2,town3]

so in your well documented problem just do this :

btc_custom_loc = [[[5278,933.486,95.536],"Kampung Bunian","Mountain 1",600,600,true],[[6107.78,6735.1,181.26],"FOB Ayam Emas","Mountain 3",500,500,true],[[545.14,3141.56,175.555],"Kampung Durian Tiga Batang","Mountain 2",500,500,true]];

I hope I didn't do any syntaxe error ;)

Have fun !

Also this could be more readable :

btc_custom_loc = []; //first create an empty array
//Then add each city by pushing then back to btc_custom_loc
btc_custom_loc pushback [[5278,933.486,95.536],"Kampung Bunian","Mountain 1",600,600,true];
btc_custom_loc pushback [[6107.78,6735.1,181.26],"FOB Ayam Emas","Mountain 3",500,500,true];
btc_custom_loc pushback [[545.14,3141.56,175.555],"Kampung Durian Tiga Batang","Mountain 2",500,500,true];

2 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Watch out  you have an unexpected coma at line end.

Better:

btc_city_blacklist pushBack "Tonle Teuktnaot";
btc_city_blacklist pushBack "OP Pyle";
btc_city_blacklist pushBack "Phoumi moattonle";

Bye bye

1 minute ago, Vdauphin said:

Watch out  you have an unexpected coma at lines end.

Better:

btc_city_blacklist pushBack "Tonle Teuktnaot";
btc_city_blacklist pushBack "OP Pyle";
btc_city_blacklist pushBack "Phoumi moattonle";

Bye bye

9 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

You just did a little mistake : btc_custom_loc is an array so the syntaxe for multiple element in the array looks like this:

btc_custom_loc = [town1,town2,town3]

so in your well documented problem just do this :

btc_custom_loc = [[[5278,933.486,95.536],"Kampung Bunian","Mountain 1",600,600,true],[[6107.78,6735.1,181.26],"FOB Ayam Emas","Mountain 3",500,500,true],[[545.14,3141.56,175.555],"Kampung Durian Tiga Batang","Mountain 2",500,500,true]];

I hope I didn't do any syntaxe error ;)

Have fun !

Also this could be more readable :

btc_custom_loc = []; //first create an empty array
//Then add each city by pushing then back to btc_custom_loc
btc_custom_loc pushback [[5278,933.486,95.536],"Kampung Bunian","Mountain 1",600,600,true];
btc_custom_loc pushback [[6107.78,6735.1,181.26],"FOB Ayam Emas","Mountain 3",500,500,true];
btc_custom_loc pushback [[545.14,3141.56,175.555],"Kampung Durian Tiga Batang","Mountain 2",500,500,true];

Thank You Vdauphin. Will test this tonight when I get home from work

Bye Bye

Hi Vdauphin

I have manage to create the custom location above as per your advise successfully. However when I went into the custom location to activate the area, The AI didn't spawn. The ingame marker for the custom location shows example: "loc_25 Mountain 1 NameVillage - [true] - [empty]. Yes, some of the custom area did not have object nor building in it. If I want to force AI to spawn in that custom location, What should I do? 

Best Regards 

1 hour ago, azrink said:

Hi Vdauphin

I have manage to create the custom location above as per your advise successfully. However when I went into the custom location to activate the area, The AI didn't spawn. The ingame marker for the custom location shows example: "loc_25 Mountain 1 NameVillage - [true] - [empty]. Yes, some of the custom area did not have object nor building in it. If I want to force AI to spawn in that custom location, What should I do? 

Best Regards 

Hello,

Good ! :)

You can't force directly the spawn of AI because the H&M is fully random so you can't specifically do it to a city. The number of AI depends mainly of city type see this with the type of city and the factor  : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L61-L69

I saw in your custom location you didn't fill the city type (Mountain 1 etc...). By using "NameVillage","NameCity","NameCityCapital","NameLocal"  should help you to find the best solution for your problem.

ByeBye!!!

See also: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/9:-Enemy-spawn

Hello !

The H&M 1.16.6 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- Mission.sqm/Param.hpp unchanged.
- FIX: Destroyed vehicle markers not appearing on dedicated server after a server restart.
- FIX: Lift a vehicle with player inside (crew).
- FIX: Logistic point not working if player drop weapon on it.
- FIX: Vehicle explosion damage others objects around during database loading.

Have fun !

• Like 2

Thx for continuing to update this mission. I

• Like 1

Is there a way I can open this in the Eden Editor to create my own base and units? I have played the .pbo on a hosted server and it is really fun, I would just like to customize the playable units and where we spawn is all. 

8 hours ago, DavidOMarx said:

Is there a way I can open this in the Eden Editor to create my own base and units? I have played the .pbo on a hosted server and it is really fun, I would just like to customize the playable units and where we spawn is all. 

1. get http://store.steampowered.com/app/233800/

2. dl mission, unpack with bankrev (from arma3 tools)

3. do your stuff

23 hours ago, DavidOMarx said:

Hey dude. I'm an admin from the server you played on before hosting this mission. You can join our teamspeak again and I'll give you a quick tutorial on how to unpack, edit, pack missions if you'd like. 

• Like 1