giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

1 minute ago, CraveMode said:

We have it set to ACE3 Advanced Medical in parameters and even set that as the default when mission starts, but we want to use a custom ACE3 setup where we don't have to PAK people to revive them. However, the modules don't seem to work and I barely know anything about scripting yet lol.

Okay, if I understand you just have to :

switch medical parameter in  file : /core/def/param.hpp#L135-L155  to value you want.

And add your

6 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

custom ACE3 setup

So the H&M parameter will not conflict with your custom ACE3 setup.

7 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

the modules don't seem to work

Module works as soon as you use same setting from the mission parameter.

Good luck

• Like 1

Just now, Vdauphin said:

Okay, if I understand you just have to :

switch medical parameter in  file : /core/def/param.hpp#L135-L155  to value you want.

And add your

So the H&M parameter will not conflict with your custom ACE3 setup.

Module works as soon as you use same setting from the mission parameter.

Good luck

Thanks Vdauphin!

Do the vehicles have the same name after they are loaded from a savegame? I'm trying to use the BIS_fnc_initVehicle function to change the Texture of btc_veh_2. When i first play the mission everything works. but as soon as i load the save, the texture will not change. 

I used the Init and tried to us a gamelogic but as soon as i use a savegame, the function isn't working.

[btc_veh_2, ["Blufor",1], true ] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle; 

The only reason it isn't working is that the names change

38 minutes ago, the m said:

Do the vehicles have the same name after they are loaded from a savegame? I'm trying to use the BIS_fnc_initVehicle function to change the Texture of btc_veh_2. When i first play the mission everything works. but as soon as i load the save, the texture will not change. 

I used the Init and tried to us a gamelogic but as soon as i use a savegame, the function isn't working.

[btc_veh_2, ["Blufor",1], true ] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle; 

The only reason it isn't working is that the names change

Hello, no, there are delete then loaded from DB : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/db/load.sqf#L186

Bye!

And how are they named, after they are loaded from the DB?

They still have to be identified for the loading script to work or not?

4 minutes ago, the m said:

And how are they named, after they are loaded from the DB?

Arma choose one :)

4 minutes ago, the m said:

They still have to be identified for the loading script to work or not?

Not really, there are always store in btc_vehicles array.

Ok so after loading them, i can no longer work with the vehicle name, only the btc_vehs array?

1 hour ago, the m said:

Ok so after loading them, i can no longer work with the vehicle name, only the btc_vehs array?

exactly :)

Is it possible to convert this to use the Unsung Vietnam mod and maps? Or would I run into too much trouble than its worth?

40 minutes ago, MANTIA said:

Is it possible to convert this to use the Unsung Vietnam mod and maps? Or would I run into too much trouble than its worth?

Hello,

For map see here : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/1:-Change-MAP-of-Hearts-and-Minds (easy)

To add new faction add new class name here : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L482 follow the already faction available (hard).

To make life easier, I worked on a semi automatic mod detection, this will be part of the 1.17 released : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/304

If you guys want to see other mod which are not listed in the pull request tell me.

Byebye.

• Like 2

Where can i find the parameter to adjust the suicide bombers? We would like to play without them.

Today we got hit 3 times and they allways try to kill the same guy :D

3 minutes ago, the m said:

Where can i find the parameter to adjust the suicide bombers? We would like to play without them.

Today we got hit 3 times and they allways try to kill the same guy :D

hello,

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L102

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/city/activate.sqf#L149

Increase your reputation will help you a lot ;)

Bye!

Thanks

We had a good reputation, but they still blow up :eh: 

So how do i change this to get rid of them? Should i just remove the whole part?

3 hours ago, the m said:

Thanks

We had a good reputation, but they still blow up :eh: 

So how do i change this to get rid of them? Should i just remove the whole part?

if your reputation is high you should not see suicider.

increase btc_ied_suic_time will decrease the number of suicider. I don't know more :/

ok thanks I'll try some things

edit: This {random 1000 > btc_global_reputation} should mean that there is a check, if a random number between 0 and 1000 is biger than the btc_global_reputation.

If it is the bomber is spawned. If not there is no bomber. 

So my reputation has to be higher than 1000 to be completely safe and by lowering the random number i can modify the bomber threshold.

But i could be totaly wrong because i suck at scripting :D

16 hours ago, the m said:

ok thanks I'll try some things

edit: This {random 1000 > btc_global_reputation} should mean that there is a check, if a random number between 0 and 1000 is biger than the btc_global_reputation.

If it is the bomber is spawned. If not there is no bomber. 

So my reputation has to be higher than 1000 to be completely safe and by lowering the random number i can modify the bomber threshold.

But i could be totaly wrong because i suck at scripting :D

this is correct :) 

So I started messing with the new Jets DLC and found an issue.

I was trying to take advantage of the aircraft carrier but noticed that respawning*** vehicles and players do not respawn at the elevation they're placed at if ontop of a editor placed object. They're correctly placed at the initial loading of the map but when they respawn, they will place at static map elevation, in this case the top of the water rather than on the deck of the aircraft carrier

***the planes and helos set on the btc_helo_# scheme in order to have them respawn.

I tested this with other objects such as piers and buildings in which the respawning vehicles and players fall through them as well.

Any tips or advice on how to not have them not respawn on the water/terrain level and rather actually on the aircraft carrier or other placed objects?

Temp fix- if you lower the aircraft carrier deck to just above the water, things can respawn on the deck but it looks pretty silly having the whole thing almost underwater

Edited by wifye
additional info

9 hours ago, wifye said:

So I started messing with the new Jets DLC and found an issue.

I was trying to take advantage of the aircraft carrier but noticed that respawning*** vehicles and

at the elevation they're placed at if ontop of a editor placed object. They're correctly placed at the initial loading of the map but when they respawn, they will place at static map elevation, in this case the top of the water rather than on the deck of the aircraft carrier

***the planes and helos set on the btc_helo_# scheme in order to have them respawn.

I tested this with other objects such as piers and buildings in which the respawning vehicles and players fall through them as well.

Any tips or advice on how to not have them not respawn on the water/terrain level and rather actually on the aircraft carrier or other placed objects?

Temp fix- if you lower the aircraft carrier deck to just above the water, things can respawn on the deck but it looks pretty silly having the whole thing almost underwater

Hello,

Thanks for this clear report. I will fix it as soon as possible.

the problem for helo respawn is due to getpos here :  https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/eh/veh_add_respawn.sqf#L9

should be getposasl or soemthing like that.

9 hours ago, wifye said:

players do not respawn

I am supprise about this. Did you put the respawn marker (should be name like "respawn_west" in misison.sqm) at the correct elevation ?

See you soon!

• Like 1

If you elevate the marker in the mission.sqm the spawn is elevated. 

The script that spawns the FOB containers and supplies at the btc_create_object_point does not care for the height, ant spawns everything on the oceanfloor.

15 minutes ago, the m said:

Perfect, so no problem for player.

16 minutes ago, the m said:

The script that spawns the FOB containers and supplies at the btc_create_object_point does not care for the height, ant spawns everything on the oceanfloor.

You right. Look like those scripts has not been design for this case.

• Like 1

Is there a problem with loading the persisten vehicles, if they stand on top ot the carrier? 

I don't want to ruin my save :D

For the respawn getposASL in that line should fix it???

edit:  https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/eh/veh_add_respawn.sqf#L9

_pos = getPosASL _vehicle; is working

• Like 1

Vehicle respawn is working now but the create object script is not as easy.

This is not working 

private ["_obj","_pos"];

if (count _this > 1) then {
	_pos = _this select 1;
} else {
	_pos = getposASL btc_create_object_point;
};

if (getText (configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> (_this select 0) >> "displayName") isEqualTo "") then {
	_obj = [btc_create_object_point,(_this select 0)] call ace_rearm_fnc_createDummy;
	_obj setPosASL _pos;
} else {
	_obj = (_this select 0) createVehicle [_pos select 0,_pos select 1,0];
};

btc_log_obj_created = btc_log_obj_created + [_obj];
btc_curator addCuratorEditableObjects [[_obj], false];

The Object still spawns on the oceanfloor

The next problem is with the wreck repair. It will not recognize the wreck on top of the repairpoint.

Maybe this has to do with the fact that the rapairpoint is a helipad that is allways projected to the terrain

12 hours ago, the m said:

Didn't have it high enough, my error.

7 hours ago, the m said:

Is there a problem with loading the persisten vehicles, if they stand on top ot the carrier? 

I don't want to ruin my save :D

For the respawn getposASL in that line should fix it???

edit:  https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/eh/veh_add_respawn.sqf#L9

_pos = getPosASL _vehicle; is working

Thanks, it's working somewhat for me. It keeps spawning the planes about 20 meters higher than originally place so they're falling down and exploding.

Edit: I messed with it more just moving the vehicles around a bit and it stopped doing it, no clue what happened there but fixed now at least.

-----

So is there a way to change of the respawn mechanic to have more than one that forces certain units to spawn at certain ones? Currently I'm set up with just respawn_west. 

This is so I can have only pilots spawning on the carrier while the rest of the players spawn on land.