giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Thanks 

This mission has the best tech support ever :D

• Like 1

hey first off this is a bang up mission i like it.. I was wondering however, is it possible to make a "vanilla" version with out RHS dependencies. I tried to just delete the rhs vehicles. but i immediately got an error about missing rhs vehicles. I think a version with out the rhs requirement would be tits up.  Please if possible, and thank you for even the slightest consideration.

Your mission covers so many levels of awesome, i just wish There were more "just ACE3" missions. If you can Please.

3 hours ago, lordprimate said:

hey first off this is a bang up mission i like it.. I was wondering however, is it possible to make a "vanilla" version with out RHS dependencies. I tried to just delete the rhs vehicles. but i immediately got an error about missing rhs vehicles. I think a version with out the rhs requirement would be tits up.  Please if possible, and thank you for even the slightest consideration.

Your mission covers so many levels of awesome, i just wish There were more "just ACE3" missions. If you can Please.

Hello,

Check,this: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/5:-Mods-dependency

Best regards

Hi Vdauphin

I wish to increase the CQB element in the H&M mission. I mean increase AI probability in town and inside a building. Can you show me how to do it? Thank You

Azrin

12 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Thanks, i had first did exactly that but i didnt know there was gear inside of the vehicles. Thanks again. mission is up on my server running with just ace3! 

@azrink it looks like in the link Vdauphin linked ther is info on how to do that .

On 9/30/2016 at 0:59 AM, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

I did it in my repo

in  /core/fnc/city/activate.sqf (L70) you can add

[_city,_radius,(random _ratio),0.2] call btc_fnc_mil_create_group;

has much as you want (this will spawn one unit in a house)

Actually, the H&M create patrol or man in house randomly. In /core/fnc/mil/create_group.sqf you can check probability for man in house spawn (30%) and patrol spawn.

bye!

Hi Vdauphin

Please Ignore my above post Vdauphin. I Found my old post that is related to my above question.

Aside

Thanks @lordprimate for the suggestion.

Best Regards

Azrin

I loaded up the Tanoa version and the only vehicle or helo to respawn when destroyed was the Chinook.  

All of these vehicles & helos are listed in the core/def/missions.sqf

//Vehs
    btc_vehicles = [btc_veh_1,btc_veh_2,btc_veh_3,btc_veh_4,btc_veh_5,btc_veh_6,btc_veh_7,btc_veh_8,btc_veh_9,btc_veh_10,btc_veh_11,btc_veh_12,btc_veh_13,btc_veh_14,btc_veh_15];
    btc_helo = [btc_helo_1];

Is the Chinook the only vehicle that is supposed the respawn?

Edited by kman_(kya)
Provide more detail

1 hour ago, kman_(kya) said:

I loaded up the Tanoa version and the only vehicle or helo to respawn when destroyed was the Chinook.  

All of these vehicles & helos are listed in the core/def/missions.sqf

//Vehs
    btc_vehicles = [btc_veh_1,btc_veh_2,btc_veh_3,btc_veh_4,btc_veh_5,btc_veh_6,btc_veh_7,btc_veh_8,btc_veh_9,btc_veh_10,btc_veh_11,btc_veh_12,btc_veh_13,btc_veh_14,btc_veh_15];
    btc_helo = [btc_helo_1];

Is the Chinook the only vehicle that is supposed the respawn?

Hello,

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/doc.sqf#L20-L25

Bye!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Oh sorry Vdauphin! I'm a complete mong!! That explains a lot and I should have read that.

On that same topic, if I understand correctly, if you want a wreck to respawn then it needs to be named btc_veh or btc_helo? If I wanted to add planes, could I add btc_plane under btc_helo in the core/def/missions.sqf, like;

//Vehs
Btc_vehicles = [btc_veh_1];
btc_helo = [btc_helo_1];

btc_plane = [btc_plane_1];

2 hours ago, kman_(kya) said:

Oh sorry Vdauphin! I'm a complete mong!! That explains a lot and I should have read that.

On that same topic, if I understand correctly, if you want a wreck to respawn then it needs to be named btc_veh or btc_helo? If I wanted to add planes, could I add btc_plane under btc_helo in the core/def/missions.sqf, like;

//Vehs
Btc_vehicles = [btc_veh_1];
btc_helo = [btc_helo_1];

btc_plane = [btc_plane_1];

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/4:-Add-respawn-to-vehicle-or-boat

See you soon!

• Like 1

Is there anyone else who has the issue that the vehicle damage and ammo  is not loaded? 

It happens since the last ace and Arma update

Question about de-activating an area..I already did the safe zone but IEDs still spawn inside the base area. I moved the base area to Garmsar on Takistan I took a screenshot of the circle. it has this in the middle of it.

loc_3 Garmsar NameCityCapital - [true] - [false]

So I need to know how to get this de-activated. I thought I asked this awhile back last year but cant find the post I made.

Any help would be great.

Diesel

49 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

Question about de-activating an area..I already did the safe zone but IEDs still spawn inside the base area. I moved the base area to Garmsar on Takistan I took a screenshot of the circle. it has this in the middle of it.

loc_3 Garmsar NameCityCapital - [true] - [false]

So I need to know how to get this de-activated. I thought I asked this awhile back last year but cant find the post I made.

Any help would be great.

Diesel

Hello,

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/2:-Prevent-AI-from-spawning-near-the-base

See you soon!

12 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

As I mentioned above I already followed that and it still spawns IEDs inside the base..what I need to do is totally de-activate that sector.

Diesel

I added a picture. As you can see the marker FULLY disable all Kavala. Increase the radius should help as explained in the wiki.

Good luck!

34 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

I added a picture. As you can see the marker FULLY disable all Kavala. Increase the radius should help as explained in the wiki.

Good luck!

Thanks I'll give that a try...much appreciated.

Diesel

Edited..Got it working thanks..appreciate the quick reply!

36 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Good luck!

On Tanoa, when using airbase at (aeroport de tanoa) and 600 radius is set, the nearest town Lifou activation still places IED on base but not AI. 

44 minutes ago, breech99 said:

On Tanoa, when using airbase at (aeroport de tanoa) and 600 radius is set, the nearest town Lifou activation still places IED on base but not AI. 

I followed this for a different airport on Tanoa, https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/2:-Prevent-AI-from-spawning-near-the-base, and it worked.

I created a marker in the editor, noted it size, ie - 500 x 500, named it and then when you modify core/fnc/city/init.sqf, insert the marker name, put the size of the area, in this case 500, and remove the "/* and */ as in the provided link.

I see what's happening. Make sure your marker radius is large enough to reach out and overlap the epicenter of the town you want to black out. Then it works.

Destroyed vehicle markers, should they persist between missions like the cache and hideout markers do?

My guys have their vehicles destroyed a lot and we never can recover them all during the current session. When we load the mission the next time we play the destroyed vehicles markers do not appear where the wrecks are.

Thanks
Eric

I'd like to change the FOB Container...as it is it can be lifted by helo but I'd like to change it to a Huron Cargo Container so I can use a script I have that will load it onto the back of a Hemmt. I looked and couldnt find where the classname for the Blue Cargo container is.

Diesel

1 hour ago, diesel tech jc said:

I'd like to change the FOB Container...as it is it can be lifted by helo but I'd like to change it to a Huron Cargo Container so I can use a script I have that will load it onto the back of a Hemmt. I looked and couldnt find where the classname for the Blue Cargo container is.

Diesel

Hello,

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L210

Bye.

• Like 1

Hearts and Minds Altis version - the respawn seems to be not reading the respawn code and players can't respawn. respawn_west marker is present.

Hearts and Minds Tanoa version is just  fine. Respawn and markers working fine. 

I think you forgot to add in description  respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"Counter"};