giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

just had an idea about intel so far you get only intel from dead bodys would be nice if you could get intel from guys there alive to like you find a dud that is wounded/unconscious cuff hin brin him back and get more or better intel is there a way to do that ?

you already can ;) !

handcutoff him and then interact with him and select "interrogate" ! (https://github.com/Giallustio/HeartsAndMinds/pull/63)

See you!

Hello !

The H&M 1.15.1 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- Add: Readme for github.

- FIX: Side mission healing civilians trow errors (link to ACE 3.7.0).
- FIX: ACE3 warning when handcuff is used in hostage side mission (link to ACE 3.7.0).
- FIX: CUP vehicle mod can't be selected.
- FIX: Unclear radius spawn information in mission parameter.
- FIX: Playsound3D has wrong parameter.

Have fun ! ! !

Just started playing this mission with my clan tonight. I loved it so much I'm contemplating running a full time server with this mission running constantly

anyway we got a side mission to resupply an area, apparently the people were starving. We had no idea what to do. We set up a FOB and militarized the area instead.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what we are supposed to do in that mission?

Just started playing this mission with my clan tonight. I loved it so much I'm contemplating running a full time server with this mission running constantly

anyway we got a side mission to resupply an area, apparently the people were starving. We had no idea what to do. We set up a FOB and militarized the area instead.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what we are supposed to do in that mission?

From the object spawning crate, spawn a "Supply Crate" from the "Supply" menu and deliver it to the marked area.

@vdauphin

nice mission so far, i got a few questions:

- i found no group manager, every unit is its own leader, is grouping solved via ace > team management > assign team x, or is it safe to create own groups via editor instead (alternative: use bis group tool)?

- is there a way to get the side missions request working for every player, or via flagpole etc?

- is there a way to remove fobs?

- any plans on adding hc support?

@vdauphin

nice mission so far, i got a few questions:

- i found no group manager, every unit is its own leader, is grouping solved via ace > team management > assign team x, or is it safe to create own groups via editor instead (alternative: use bis group tool)?

- is there a way to get the side missions request working for every player, or via flagpole etc?

- is there a way to remove fobs?

- any plans on adding hc support?

Hello!

1) Yes, you can create your own or use bis group tool

2) yes for every player add in the init field of units and add :

this setVariable ["side_mission",true]

3) Yes; go on the roof and interact with the flag and find the Dismantle FOB interaction (i know it is not really user friendly but it is write in the doc :/).

4) https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/180

See you!

Hello i'm trying to make VVS (Virtual Vehicle Spawner) script work with object persistency.

On the "fn_spawnVehicle.sqf" file inside VVS\functions\

/*
	File: fn_spawnVehicle.sqf
	Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwine

Description:
	Spawns the selected vehicle, if a vehicle is already on the spawn point
	then it deletes the vehicle from the spawn point.
*/
disableSerialization;
private["_position","_direction","_className","_displayName","_spCheck","_cfgInfo"];
if(lnbCurSelRow 38101 == -1) exitWith {hint "You did not select a vehicle to spawn!"};

_className = lnbData[38101,[(lnbCurSelRow 38101),0]];
_displayName = lnbData[38101,[(lnbCurSelRow 38101),1]];
_position = getMarkerPos VVS_SP;
_direction = markerDir VVS_SP;

//Make sure the marker exists in a way.
if(isNil "_position") exitWith {hint "The spawn point marker doesn't exist?";};

//Check to make sure the spawn point doesn't have a vehicle on it, if it does then delete it.
_spCheck = nearestObjects[_position,["landVehicle","Air","Ship"],12] select 0;
if(!isNil "_spCheck") then {deleteVehicle _spCheck;};

_cfgInfo = [_className] call VVS_fnc_cfgInfo;

_vehicle = _className createVehicle _position;
_vehicle allowDamage false;
_vehicle setPos _position; //Make sure it gets set onto the position.
_vehicle setDir _direction; //Set the vehicles direction the same as the marker.

if((_cfgInfo select 4) == "Autonomous") then
{
	createVehicleCrew _vehicle;
};

if(VVS_Checkbox) then
{
	clearWeaponCargoGlobal _vehicle;
	clearMagazineCargoGlobal _vehicle;
	clearItemCargoGlobal _vehicle;
};

_vehicle allowDamage true;
hint format["You have spawned a %1",_displayName];
closeDialog 0;

i add at the end:

btc_log_obj_created = btc_log_obj_created + [_vehicle];

I get no errors while running the mission.

Vehicles spawn, but when i save and load they are not getting saved.

Am i missing something here?

Hello i'm trying to make VVS (Virtual Vehicle Spawner) script work with object persistency.

On the "fn_spawnVehicle.sqf" file inside VVS\functions\

/*
	File: fn_spawnVehicle.sqf
	Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwine

Description:
	Spawns the selected vehicle, if a vehicle is already on the spawn point
	then it deletes the vehicle from the spawn point.
*/
disableSerialization;
private["_position","_direction","_className","_displayName","_spCheck","_cfgInfo"];
if(lnbCurSelRow 38101 == -1) exitWith {hint "You did not select a vehicle to spawn!"};

_className = lnbData[38101,[(lnbCurSelRow 38101),0]];
_displayName = lnbData[38101,[(lnbCurSelRow 38101),1]];
_position = getMarkerPos VVS_SP;
_direction = markerDir VVS_SP;

//Make sure the marker exists in a way.
if(isNil "_position") exitWith {hint "The spawn point marker doesn't exist?";};

//Check to make sure the spawn point doesn't have a vehicle on it, if it does then delete it.
_spCheck = nearestObjects[_position,["landVehicle","Air","Ship"],12] select 0;
if(!isNil "_spCheck") then {deleteVehicle _spCheck;};

_cfgInfo = [_className] call VVS_fnc_cfgInfo;

_vehicle = _className createVehicle _position;
_vehicle allowDamage false;
_vehicle setPos _position; //Make sure it gets set onto the position.
_vehicle setDir _direction; //Set the vehicles direction the same as the marker.

if((_cfgInfo select 4) == "Autonomous") then
{
	createVehicleCrew _vehicle;
};

if(VVS_Checkbox) then
{
	clearWeaponCargoGlobal _vehicle;
	clearMagazineCargoGlobal _vehicle;
	clearItemCargoGlobal _vehicle;
};

_vehicle allowDamage true;
hint format["You have spawned a %1",_displayName];
closeDialog 0;

i add at the end:

btc_log_obj_created = btc_log_obj_created + [_vehicle];

I get no errors while running the mission.

Vehicles spawn, but when i save and load they are not getting saved.

Am i missing something here?

Heellloo!

Can you fork me on github and add your change. I will have more tool to investigate your problem.

Byebye!

First of all i would like to thank giallustio and all other contributors who have made this mission so enjoyable. I have a bunch of servers for my clan. exile and other mods but we wanted a dedicated coop server. This one is a perfect fit and i set it up and tried it and it works like a charm. We get side missions, all enemy shoot us, its awesome. Thanks Vdauphin for all you are adding to the files too. I have a few questions. 

- I saw that you guys mentioned that we need to login as admin into the server (i am assuming with the #login command in chat as mentioned in the docs) and use ace self interaction menu to save the server before restart. Is this correct? login with chat?

- Thanks for working on it Vdauphin, i have the server up but i dont think i have your latest updated version, i think i might have the one giallustio had finished working on, is there any way for me to check i have your version? like some part of the code that you added and i can check in my PBO? And if i have an outdated version, do i just replace my current pbo with yours from your github? It will still be supported with all the mods i already have loading? ACE, RHS, CUPS, etc? Well i went through your github commits and i saw you added btc_version = 1.15; diag_log format ["=BTC= HEARTS AND MINDS VERSION %1",(str(btc_version) + ".1")]; line in the last commit and i have it in my pbo's mission.sqf so that answers that question. I am running the latest updated files.

- We have a server running 24x7, so i will look into automating the restarts, is there anyway of automating the saves as well? So that if an admin is not around the server still gets saved before restart? Instead of an admin getting into server and saving and then restarting the server?

- Is there anyway of adding more vehicles in? Like maybe dynamic spawning of vehicles needs on the server from the ace interaction menu at the crate where we repair wrecks? maybe too much to ask but it would be nice to get more people playing on the server? and also an option to add more side missions on the map at the same time than just the one that is active each time the officer requests it?

Thank you so much for your help and all the time you put into making this game so enjoyable.

First of all i would like to thank giallustio and all other contributors who have made this mission so enjoyable. I have a bunch of servers for my clan. exile and other mods but we wanted a dedicated coop server. This one is a perfect fit and i set it up and tried it and it works like a charm. We get side missions, all enemy shoot us, its awesome. Thanks Vdauphin for all you are adding to the files too. I have a few questions. 

- I saw that you guys mentioned that we need to login as admin into the server (i am assuming with the #login command in chat as mentioned in the docs) and use ace self interaction menu to save the server before restart. Is this correct? login with chat?

- Thanks for working on it Vdauphin, i have the server up but i dont think i have your latest updated version, i think i might have the one giallustio had finished working on, is there any way for me to check i have your version? like some part of the code that you added and i can check in my PBO? And if i have an outdated version, do i just replace my current pbo with yours from your github? It will still be supported with all the mods i already have loading? ACE, RHS, CUPS, etc? Well i went through your github commits and i saw you added btc_version = 1.15; diag_log format ["=BTC= HEARTS AND MINDS VERSION %1",(str(btc_version) + ".1")]; line in the last commit and i have it in my pbo's mission.sqf so that answers that question. I am running the latest updated files.

- We have a server running 24x7, so i will look into automating the restarts, is there anyway of automating the saves as well? So that if an admin is not around the server still gets saved before restart? Instead of an admin getting into server and saving and then restarting the server?

- Is there anyway of adding more vehicles in? Like maybe dynamic spawning of vehicles needs on the server from the ace interaction menu at the crate where we repair wrecks? maybe too much to ask but it would be nice to get more people playing on the server? and also an option to add more side missions on the map at the same time than just the one that is active each time the officer requests it?

Thank you so much for your help and all the time you put into making this game so enjoyable.

Hello and welcome!

Thank you very much,

1) yes, it is the #login as admin and interact with your personnnal interaction and save

2) you are running the last update :)

3) https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/220

4)https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/224

5) 

and also an option to add more side missions on the map at the same time than just the one that is active each time the officer requests it?

This is not easy as it sound :/. I don't see how to do it without thinking back the actual system. Sorrry. If you want, you can make then spawn automatically easilly I think. In fact, you are suppose to search for Cache and Hideout and do side mission to increase your reputation, but yes I understand your point of view.

Bye!!!

Hey Vdauphin I am having an issue on my server with the mission, the map doesn't show any info about cache or hideout locations when found and the map is full of just red circles. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Edit: Nevermind it just fixed itself I suppose?

Hello !

The H&M 1.15.2 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- FIX: Now H&M lift HUD is circle.
- FIX: Sometimes when ACE3 FRIES is activate you can't lift with some helicopter.
- FIX: Syntaxe error in typeof class name for a Syndikat vehicle.
- FIX: Patrol and Traffic vehicle are now correctly deleted.
- FIX: Now you are advise when the convoy left the starting point.
- FIX: Arma 3 task system say that convoy side mission is attacking the city they are leaving, which is incorrect.
- FIX: An unclear objective of side mission resupply.
- FIX: Now you have back a hint advising you there are no FOB deployed.
- FIX: Remove cargo in statics.
- FIX: Sometimes IA are not show in debug mode.
- FIX: Missing private variable.

Have fun ! ! !

Hi Vdauphin

First of all thanks for  support this awesome mission, my question is if this mission have headless client support.

Regards.

Thanks again, another question is ace advance ballistic enabled by default?

sorry my english :)

No but you just have to open arma3 editor

- select the module already on the map named ace advanced ballistic 

- select acitvate!

:)

What are you going to see in 2017:

5bb807a0-c4b0-11e6-99fb-73f20d19542d.png           f91680b2-c4b0-11e6-9aa2-6cc85c0e850b.png

ae4f6930-c4b1-11e6-831e-bec179d45f98.png            a6e078ec-87da-11e6-9b9e-f23ac3fc38f2.png

a7f0272c-72c3-11e6-8146-91e710e51d28.png   524a9422-72bb-11e6-939f-939427d8622a.png

7c6d4b58-5b0c-11e6-9840-36f5b80162c5.png

9c7adec4-ac60-11e6-809b-a6ca69159c52.png       ==>   dac544e2-c4b3-11e6-9283-acb1358fc089.png

69712716-b829-11e6-826e-243b433253d8.png    696e0aae-b829-11e6-8c13-f4ce63df677f.png

I would like to thanks all people posting question/issue which are making, by this way, the mission even more stable and fun! I also thanks all units hosting the Hearts and Minds, allowing newcomers to discover this great mission!

Bye,

Vdauphin

• Like 2

Hello !

The H&M 1.15.3 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- FIX: Side mission medical is not trigger when multiple players are connected on server.
- FIX: Sometimes objects can't be lift.

- FIX: ACE3 cook off animation disable for Side mission checkpoint.
- FIX: Wreck Respawn, Vehicles respawn half way in ground (Breech99).

- FIX: Objects unload fall under bridge.
- FIX: Tower side mission should spawn on road to avoid collision.

Enjoy ! ! !
  • Like 1

Can't wait for headless client support!

Hi Vdauphin

Is there a height parameter that I can set to limit AI to trigger/spawn on the ground? This will be very useful for mission maker who put in Plane/Helicopter. Your advice is much appreciated.

Best Regards

Hello, 

first off apologies if this was answered somewhere else in the thread, I looked for over an hour without finding anything.

My issue is when I load this mission up on my dedicated server there are no roles for players to select. I can load the same pbo on my desktop into the editor and play it there though. Is there a setup step I missing? This is my first attempt to use a dedicated server so I'm confident its user error, just not sure where to start looking. 

Edit: Next day I figured it out, I'm an idiot and didn't get the mods to load right. 

Edited by Noyava

On 09/01/2017 at 6:04 PM, azrink said:

Hi Vdauphin

Is there a height parameter that I can set to limit AI to trigger/spawn on the ground? This will be very useful for mission maker who put in Plane/Helicopter. Your advice is much appreciated.

Best Regards

Hello,

Yes, take a look in mission parameters, the line name : Spawn city radius offset.

Remember, the radius depends on how big the city is and the mission parameter add an offset on this value.

See you.

On 09/01/2017 at 7:30 PM, Noyava said:

Hello, 

first off apologies if this was answered somewhere else in the thread, I looked for over an hour without finding anything.

My issue is when I load this mission up on my dedicated server there are no roles for players to select. I can load the same pbo on my desktop into the editor and play it there though. Is there a setup step I missing? This is my first attempt to use a dedicated server so I'm confident its user error, just not sure where to start looking. 

Edit: Next day I figured it out, I'm an idiot and didn't get the mods to load right. 

This is happening sometimes ;)

Good luck !