giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

I am having a real issue getting the base moved..everytime I move the base to the main island the mission fails to start on my server.

I pushed back 2 cities in the define mod but other than that everything is the same..no extra addons no extra vehicles..just moved the base from where it was to the main island.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong..the original mission loads up fine aside from an error about ace and rhs compatability. but it starts.

Can anyone point me in a direction to start looking?

Diesel

I am having a real issue getting the base moved..everytime I move the base to the main island the mission fails to start on my server.

I pushed back 2 cities in the define mod but other than that everything is the same..no extra addons no extra vehicles..just moved the base from where it was to the main island.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong..the original mission loads up fine aside from an error about ace and rhs compatability. but it starts.

Can anyone point me in a direction to start looking?

Diesel

Could you send me the mission.pbo file by the way you want (dropbox, email (see your PM) etc)) ? And a full .rpt file generated ?

I will take a look.

Byye !

• Like 1

Could you send me the mission.pbo file by the way you want (dropbox, email (see your PM) etc)) ? And a full .rpt file generated ?

I will take a look.

Byye !

PM and email sent...Thanks very much.

Diesel

i did have 2 complete systemfreezes (teamspeak was working, had to restart computer) when running this missions 2 times, actual version. anyone also have also such problems ?

arma3 apex, tanoa , win10 1511

i did have 2 complete systemfreezes (teamspeak was working, had to restart computer) when running this missions 2 times, actual version. anyone also have also such problems ?

arma3 apex, tanoa , win10 1511

Hello,

Did you play this previous version of this mission ?

If not, the system is just freezing because arma 3 is well done and the mission at start is analysing the map you want to play. On dedicate server isn't a problem because it is done once at server  start but in local you need to WAIT for it. And then you can join the game.

This loading is important to create the realistic environnement around city.

Bye!

Have fun.

Could you make an additional parameter to set playable side to Russia? After starting the mission with this parameter we have russian vehicles in base like BMP/BTR, MI-24.

In addition to this option "US" in enemy parameter would be nice.

Or maybe not only a parameter but make the OPFOR side playable, too? So we can play as CSAT/Russian with CSAT/russian vehicles?

Would this be possible from your side?

Greetings,

BountyHuntA

Hello,

Could you make an additional parameter to set playable side to Russia? After starting the mission with this parameter we have russian vehicles in base like BMP/BTR, MI-24.

I can't set it as a parameter :/

But, with the editor, you just have to replace US vehicles by the corresponding to Russia side and use the correct outfit with the arsenal for player (but may be you already did both ;) )

In addition to this option "US" in enemy parameter would be nice.

Yes, I can add it, if you already did it share it to me please :)

Best regards

Hi @Vdauphin.

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the replacement of vehicles. Is this just as easy as you mentioned? I mean are replaced vehicles captured by your reputation system? I think russian vehicles have differen object identified than us ones.

I am a bloody beginner to scripting and mission making so I didn't changed your mission to put the US as enemy into your parameters :)

Greetings,

BountyHuntA

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the replacement of vehicles. Is this just as easy as you mentioned? I mean are replaced vehicles captured by your reputation system? I think russian vehicles have differen object identified than us ones.

Hello!

If I understood, you want to change the US vehicle at base to Russian vehicle, isn't it ?

If yes, you can do it by extract the mission from the pbo.

Put mission file in your user MPmission folder

in Arma 3 go in multiplayer = > create a server

Then you will see all mission you have, in map menu select the island (Altis/Tanoa depending on) select the H&M and click on edit.

You will see the base with all vehicles. Double click on it and select the type of vehicle you want.

Then save and pack mission back in a pbo.

After that send it to your server.

You can be more than a bloody beginner :) I trust in you!

See you soon!

Ok, thanks. If the replaced vehicles are automatically integrated into you reputation system (destroyed vehicles reduces reputation, respawn of replaced chinook...) than everything is okay.

Would it be possible to make the OPFOR side playable with another base somewhere?

Greetings,

BountyHuntA

Ok, thanks. If the replaced vehicles are automatically integrated into you reputation system (destroyed vehicles reduces reputation, respawn of replaced chinook...) than everything is okay.

Hello again,

Yes it is automatic (each vehicle have a name (btc_veh_1 store in an array name btc_veh in core/def/mission.sqf Line 140)). 

OPFOR and BLUEFOR can't play in same time because this mission isn't coded for PvP gameplay. Sorry about that.

Best regards

• Like 1

Thank you Vdauphin, giallustio and the BTC for making such a challenging and fun mission that runs very well on server and client. I did a edit version with a safezone around the North Airfield as a base, included a helo repair by gvs, vehicle repair shop gvs, an automated medic for smaller teams, paratroop Russians at random and t55 tanks around towns. Using @cba, @ace, @cup terrain core, cup units, weapons, vehicles.( ace weapon and vehicle compatibility) @USAF, Advanced Urban Rappelling for cliffs and buildings, MELB(little birds) and sometimes TFAR-radio mods. All running very well at 60 fps client, 30 at the lowest and only when some AI rez it dips under 30 for a second or two. Nice job and doing this one as it feels like a quest missions where you are actually accomplishing goals and sometimes run into horrible luck getting ambushed or blow up.  Had some good war stories to tell with friends. All good fun. 

• Like 1

Thank you Vdauphin, giallustio and the BTC for making such a challenging and fun mission that runs very well on server and client. I did a edit version with a safezone around the North Airfield as a base, included a helo repair by gvs, vehicle repair shop gvs, an automated medic for smaller teams, paratroop Russians at random and t55 tanks around towns. Using @cba, @ace, @cup terrain core, cup units, weapons, vehicles.( ace weapon and vehicle compatibility) @USAF, Advanced Urban Rappelling for cliffs and buildings, MELB(little birds) and sometimes TFAR-radio mods. All running very well at 60 fps client, 30 at the lowest and only when some AI rez it dips under 30 for a second or two. Nice job and doing this one as it feels like a quest missions where you are actually accomplishing goals and sometimes run into horrible luck getting ambushed or blow up.  Had some good war stories to tell with friends. All good fun. 

:) Thank you very much man :)

I hope you will appreciate even more when the next major update will be out ;)

Hi. I was looking around in the mission and it seems like a good fit for the group that I play with. I noticed that there is a load savegame option in the parameters, which I assume means the mission has persistence. However, the FOBs that I place down don't seem to save after I restart the game. If there is persistence I was wondering how much of that persistence extends to. Thanks for making an awesome mission!

Hi. I was looking around in the mission and it seems like a good fit for the group that I play with. I noticed that there is a load savegame option in the parameters, which I assume means the mission has persistence. However, the FOBs that I place down don't seem to save after I restart the game. If there is persistence I was wondering how much of that persistence extends to. Thanks for making an awesome mission!

Welcome Isun !

The mission is fully persistent ! FOBs, objects, objects loaded in veh, ammo in box, IA position in town , vehs position, everythings.

To activate it you need to be admin and interact with  your self interaction ACE3 and select save datagame. And that it !

Havvee fuun !

• Like 2

Of course it is also creating separate savegame for each map you save and load of course the correct map :)

• Like 1

It only works with a dedicated server right?

Hello,

on dedicate and on multiplayer. Not sure for singleplayer :/

Byye!

Thanks for the quick replies. I was testing it out on a local server, but I couldn't save on that. But when I tested it on my local dedicated server I could save. 

Hi Vdauphin

May I know where to edit to add more civilian in town/village. I m trying to have more Civ spawn in Zargabad. Currently it only spawn 1 unit Civi per zone

Regards

On my dedicated server I am having an issue when I try and walk slowly close to an IED.  I can't get close and it just explodes before I can walk up closer to interact.  Using either slow walk movements or crawling.  Works playing on single machine but I get a "Check for IED" listed twice in Ace interaction menu. Strange and I don't have any extra explosives modules placed. 

**I think I got it fixed.  IED detection working again. I checked your git and found that I had a setting in one of the files wrong.  I had in core/fnc/int/ask_var.sqf ln 12 _target getVariable "active" is now set to false.   

ps. I'm also playing around with the old files for adding more vehicles on the ind gur side for motorized vehicles array.create_motorized I think it's called from a year ago. Added that back in to increase frequency and adds some other apc I've added in.  

Hi Vdauphin

May I know where to edit to add more civilian in town/village. I m trying to have more Civ spawn in Zargabad. Currently it only spawn 1 unit Civi per zone

Regards

Hello,

you can tweak the number of civil in core/fnc/city/activate.sqf

The civil number depends on type of city and the factor 3 :

_n = 3 * _factor;

So depending of city type in Zargabad increase the correct factor.

You can check city type by launching the H&M in debug mode in mission parameter and read the type of city show by debug

Bye bye

On my dedicated server I am having an issue when I try and walk slowly close to an IED.  I can't get close and it just explodes before I can walk up closer to interact.  Using either slow walk movements or crawling. 

Hello, 

You need to get prone ! :)

**I think I got it fixed.  IED detection working again. I checked your git and found that I had a setting in one of the files wrong.  I had in core/fnc/int/ask_var.sqf ln 12 _target getVariable "active" is now set to false.  

Are you talking about the H&M 1.15 ? Please use the github. We will have better tools to talk about your problem thanks.

I will investigate ...

See you soon.

How would I go about changing the opfor to use something like the "Project Opfor" mod?  What file within the mission folder would I need to edit?

Thanks