giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Just want to say thank you for keeping this game mode active love the new changes and the way its coming along.

Having an issue with both The Officer and Interpreter roles not fully transferring to a new player while the mission is ongoing.

If a player(s) is in one(or both slots) at the "start of the mission" the side mission option in interact(ace) works flawlessly as well as the interpreter with understanding civs/captured enemies.

Once a player leaves the slot/disconnects (or nobody fills it from the start) the next joining player to take that role can't get it to work, this applies to both Officer and Interpreter. I think the issues may be something with the variable not transferring to the new player or something. I've tested this with both the "dev" version and pbo version, both giving the same issue.

I've reinstalled ACE and CBA to be sure they were up to date and not corrupted yet I still have the same issue. Is there anyone else having issues like this?

Having an issue with both The Officer and Interpreter roles not fully transferring to a new player while the mission is ongoing.

If a player(s) is in one(or both slots) at the "start of the mission" the side mission option in interact(ace) works flawlessly as well as the interpreter with understanding civs/captured enemies.

Once a player leaves the slot/disconnects (or nobody fills it from the start) the next joining player to take that role can't get it to work, this applies to both Officer and Interpreter. I think the issues may be something with the variable not transferring to the new player or something. I've tested this with both the "dev" version and pbo version, both giving the same issue.

I've reinstalled ACE and CBA to be sure they were up to date and not corrupted yet I still have the same issue. Is there anyone else having issues like this?

I'm having the same issue. 

lol. He is aware.

Yes, but i can't fix it atm. I had an accident and i had to go under surgery. I won't be able to fix it for a while sadly.

Imo it's a bug introduced with the new patch and eden. The init field of placed units is not initialized correctly for the jip players, but i can't verify this in my situation

Yes, but i can't fix it atm. I had an accident and i had to go under surgery. I won't be able to fix it for a while sadly.

Imo it's a bug introduced with the new patch and eden. The init field of placed units is not initialized correctly for the jip players, but i can't verify this in my situation

No problem. Every one will manage, get better!

I am trying to port this over to other maps like I have in the past, but since the eden update when I port it over none of the ACE interations work anymore. I can't interact with civilians, search for intel, call side missions, etc. Any idea why this is happening?

I've copied everything into the new mission folder minus the old mission.sqm of course.. Enemies spawn, IEDs spawn, and even hideouts spawn, but no ACE interaction options added by your mission.

The side missions are working for me with the new update..cant figure towing.

So here's how I fixed the issue for now, concerning players who joined in progress but could not access the interpreter's or officer's ability:

This was done in the init_player file(red text is what's added) with the addition of switching the interpreter into a rifleman lite(in the mission editor .sqm) in order to have it as a separate class.

[] execVM "core\doc.sqf";

[] spawn {
waitUntil {!isNull player};

player addRating 9999;

player addEventHandler ["Respawn", btc_fnc_eh_player_respawn];

call btc_fnc_int_add_actions;

//Side
if (btc_side_assigned) then {
[] spawn {
btc_int_ask_data = nil;

[[5,nil,player],"btc_fnc_int_ask_var",false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

waitUntil {!(isNil "btc_int_ask_data")};

btc_int_ask_data spawn btc_fnc_task_create;
};
};

if(typeOf player == 'B_Soldier_lite_F' )
then
{ player setVariable["interpreter", true]; };

if(typeOf player == 'B_Officer_F' )
then
{ player setVariable["side_mission", true]; };

{[_x] spawn btc_fnc_task_create} foreach [0,1];

if (player getVariable ["interpreter", false]) then {player createDiarySubject ["Diary log","Diary log"];};

removeAllWeapons player;
btc_gear_object addAction ["<t color='#ff1111'>Arsenal</t>", "['Open',true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;"];
};

if (btc_debug) then {
onMapSingleClick "if (vehicle player == player) then {player setpos _pos} else {vehicle player setpos _pos}";
player allowDamage false;

btc_marker_debug_cond = true;
[] spawn btc_fnc_marker_debug;
};

Question...how do we de-activate an area..i tried the same as the last version and I end up with an error.

Diesel

Hello,

It's possible to have mission.sqm not binarised ?

You can open the mission in Eden editor and then re-save it just be sure to uncheck "binarize file" before saving it again..it will put a back up mission sqm.old in the mission folder as well I think.

Diesel

Issue with JIP and interpreter and officer were fixed by 1.56 hotfix, no need do anything, mission works

I've been looking through the thread and can't seem to find the download for the Takistan version of the mission. Could you please provide a link for it.

Thank you for all your work on this I have played the Atlis version and love it.

I've been looking through the thread and can't seem to find the download for the Takistan version of the mission. Could you please provide a link for it.

Thank you for all your work on this I have played the Atlis version and love it.

You will need to open the mission with a pbo manager and set it up with takistan

How many players does everyone run on this mode ?

Do you save or restart everytime? How long does it take you to complete this mode?

Just wondering how other groups are playing this

Please disregard, I'm still receiving these errors, but am able to run the mission.

I run a dedicated Linux server and would like to run this mission but I get the following errors while loading. Has anyone else had problems with locality?

Global namespace not passed during: false
22:37:21 Error in expression <false>
22:37:21   Error position: <false>
22:37:21   Error Local variable in global space
Edited by dingos8

i run this mission and had to make a few adjustments to it...

I will upload later and you can download it if there are no problems with me doing so.

Hello !

I released the Hearts and Minds 1.13.1 here https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/releases/tag/1.13.1

Change log https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/milestones?state=closed :

It includes only fix :

- ADD : player can activate/desactivate in mission parameter civil or enemy boat patrol or diver spawn.

- FIX : objects loaded in cargo are missing after server restart

- FIX : private rpt error

fix link to Hearts and Swim https://github.com/Giallustio/HeartsAndMinds/pull/78#issuecomment-193496053 branch :

- FIX: btc_hq are in triger

- FIX : choose no marine for vehicle assistance side

- FIX: diver spawn in sky

and more ...

Have fun !