giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

On respawn we have been having bugs with the grenades.

i.e. you have them in your inventory however they are not active in your throwable list.

However dropping 'nades and picking them back up works. Just might be something clashing in the respawn params.

hey sure, it looks like the vehicles on my version did not respawn or delete. we would leave them in different areas and they would stay there, we even crashed a ghosthawk and it never respawned. I just added a vehicle respawner and turned the vehicles init box from true to false or vice verse I forget so vehicle would delete.

FYI, scripts in mission that do work, VCOMAI - AIwarning distance 200m, fastropes, fieldrepair, timeskip, farooqs revive, vehicle respawn and repair pad, BTC logistics -[[ now disabled]]- since DLC, virtual arsenal, I changed the civ load outs to only a hunting backpack, rifle, mags and nades. the pistol and belt never spawned on armed civ, added more FIA unit types to spawn, added DLC heli's and changes to base set up.

Vehicles do not respawn because you have to repair them to the logistic point. The Gost Hawk should respawn, i'll look into it!

@tmortensen

Noticed! I'll check it, thank you!

On respawn we have been having bugs with the grenades.

i.e. you have them in your inventory however they are not active in your throwable list.

However dropping 'nades and picking them back up works. Just might be something clashing in the respawn params.

some times i have that same problem in other mission to

"Also, for the Interaction keys that you have to set. We tried using our default for AGM which is Left Windows key for Interact and Left CTRL & Left Windows key for Self-Interact. I've noticed that it seems not to like having more than 1 key to press. When I pressed both Left CTRL & Left Windows key is bought up the Interact option and not Self-Interact like I wanted."

This has been an inherent bug in Arma3 since alpha/beta I believe. The user keys do not handle modifiers and usually call the unmodified keypress instead.

I am having trouble finding the feedback tracker ticket on it, but there are probably heaps.

Vehicles do not respawn because you have to repair them to the logistic point. The Gost Hawk should respawn, i'll look into it!

@tmortensen

Noticed! I'll check it, thank you!

Ok, didn't know that about the logistic point, I know you can spawn items from the area, is it a repair pad too? or something more specific to repair? I will look into that too, I added another vehicle repair too. Didn't know about the repair logistics, is that in the briefing anywhere?

yea, the ghosthawk just kept burning up. never deleted.

Let me know if you need more players to test.

Just to update you:

I am currently running on our server this mission (with tweaks).

Running RHS and CAF

US vs Middle Eastern insurgents

I have tweaked a few params as to the radius of spawn of towns (i.e. trigger distance) finding that 600 radius is a little small and 'visible' so upped to 1500.

Started the reputation at 0, so that the civies and come and ruin you early on ;) (work your way to right of passage through their lands)

tweaked some of the bonuses for killing / defusing etc.

RHS orientated mission, vanilla vehicles replaced with RHS US equivalents.

Based on Takistan (courtesy of a3mp)

Real good fun, and just waiting for the further updates and tweaks!

I played on Takistan today too, the main problem is that the config of the city are pretty different. The radius on Altis is about 1500, even more. On Takistan this value is very low and you could have some problem with the caching system, like IED spawning behind you and things like that, so it's better to rise this value as you did. Interesting the idea of a 0 value for the reputation, i'm gonna add it. What bonuses did you set?

I've just to fix few things for the new features before the release! Big news is fobs creation and re-deploy on them!

Great your adding FOB's I have been playing your mission for hours today but never-ever got a message for intel on Hideout? Not sure why? I hope you will make it so we can Sling Load the Container for the FOB.

Vengeance

I played on Takistan today too, the main problem is that the config of the city are pretty different. The radius on Altis is about 1500, even more. On Takistan this value is very low and you could have some problem with the caching system, like IED spawning behind you and things like that, so it's better to rise this value as you did. Interesting the idea of a 0 value for the reputation, i'm gonna add it. What bonuses did you set?

I've just to fix few things for the new features before the release! Big news is fobs creation and re-deploy on them!

This sounds extreme, but we like the fact you have to judge your civvies on whether they are gong to blow up.

btc_rep_bonus_cache = 20;

btc_rep_bonus_civ_hh = 10;

btc_rep_bonus_disarm = 25;

btc_rep_bonus_hideout = 10;

btc_rep_bonus_mil_killed = 0.025;

btc_rep_malus_civ_hd = - 10;

btc_rep_malus_civ_killed = - 25;

btc_rep_malus_player_respawn = - 10;

btc_rep_malus_veh_killed = 25;

description param:

//paramsArray[7]

title = "Reputation at start:";

values[]={0, 500, 750};

texts[]={"Low","Normal","High"};

default = 0;

We like starting low and working our way up!

Updated to version 1.02

- added fobs

- added sling loading

- improved towing system

- fixed unload from cargo

- small fixes here and there

Updated to version 1.02

- added fobs

- added sling loading

- improved towing system

- fixed unload from cargo

- small fixes here and there

are the links updated to 1.02? it says 1.01. thanks

Check the read me for the version, I forgot to update the web page!

I forgot to say that at the moment there isn't a check for the fob name, be carefull and do not give a name already assigned!

It's pretty hard to keep all the version updated, I'll try in the next version, but you can do it easily importing the old mission.sqm and add a nato flag to use the re-deploy feature. Tell me if you have some troubles and I'll give you the one I use with my friends on Takistan. (I'm using few more mods than just RHS and I should clean it a bit. This is the reason I didn't include it in the download)

I forgot to say that at the moment there isn't a check for the fob name, be carefull and do not give a name already assigned![

Is this related to ^^^, am getting ErrorMessage: File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\=BTC=co@22_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis\fnc\fob\dlg.hpp, line 33: /btc_fob_create/controls.btc_fob_dlg_name: Undefined base class 'btc_dlg_RscEdit'

};

class btc_fob_dlg_name : btc_dlg_RscEdit

{

idc = 777;

text = "";

x = 0.35025 * safezoneW + safezoneX;

y = 0.45 * safezoneH + safezoneY;

w = 0.3 * safezoneW;

h = 0.025 * safezoneH;

};

I forgot to say that at the moment there isn't a check for the fob name, be carefull and do not give a name already assigned![

Is this related to ^^^, am getting ErrorMessage: File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\=BTC=co@22_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis\fnc\fob\dlg.hpp, line 33: /btc_fob_create/controls.btc_fob_dlg_name: Undefined base class 'btc_dlg_RscEdit'

};

class btc_fob_dlg_name : btc_dlg_RscEdit

{

idc = 777;

text = "";

x = 0.35025 * safezoneW + safezoneX;

y = 0.45 * safezoneH + safezoneY;

w = 0.3 * safezoneW;

h = 0.025 * safezoneH;

};

Did you update the define.h too?

You can find all the information about the FOB in your diary.

...to create a FOB approach the red box at the logistic point and require a blu container.

Move it where you want to deploy a new FOB and interact with it to set it up. Keep in mind that you can not deploy a FOB close to the main base (2.500m) and the terrain needs to be flat.

For those looking for an RHS version (US) I have a mission working using some other additions scripted and mod-wise. So if Giallustio you would like to review it before I share it I can help aid you in the development of a nodded version.

I'll be back from work 1700 GMT where I can ping you a copy. Gia send me a price of your email and I can send you a link when I get back. Then around 2000 GMT I can check your reply after dinner, and if there are any tidy ups or cut downs needed. I.e a flat RHS CAF rather than the additional mods I can cut it down in the configs.

As in current build I have:

A3mp

CAFagg

rds tanks and agg

Rds statics

and a few other client side mods for server usage.

I can link a pws link when I am back also.

In addition I am looking to do a sangin version sometime this week if work permits. But I will create dropbox/googledocs repository of my work when I can. That way if you want to link up to it Gia you can.

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Excuse the typos. My work phone is awful.

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Pm* of your email

Did you update the define.h too?

You can find all the information about the FOB in your diary.

Thanks for the response, Yes I did that and I get the Interaction Menu but the Mount FOB is blank, no option to deploy? Perhaps the ground was not flat enough? I'll try again.

Vengeance

Probably! Or you were too close to the base. If you think it's better i could call the check only when you click the mount fob option and give a text response. For example: " you can't mount the fob here, it's not flat enough"