giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Some things we noticed when playing this mission:

- 7.62 ammo isn't available at the magazines menu. Only accessible over the new menu left of the weapon.

- Only squadleaders have access to GPS?

- Your revive script is still buggy. On revive your inventory is gonna fill with uniforms and vests. (btw on another mission we get this really loud sound distortion on respawn with your revive script. Any idea why?)

- Is it right, that there are random enemy mortars? Or are you hiding IEDs even offroad? Our crewman reported, that when he drove the panther offroad to reach us, several explosions took place around him and eventually destroyed the vehicle.

If its random mortar fire, i like it, but it should be less accurate against moving targets.

If it isn't mortar fire, then i think IEDs (or were that mines?) shouldn't be placed offroads in the fields (unless its mines). Ah and also you should include enemy mortar fire, if you stay too long in one area as infantry. :)

- Number of enemies have to scale with the amount of players or at least give us a parameter in the lobby (altis version). We tried to take down a cache in Kore and killed like 150 AI, but eventually got swarmed down. Is there also a way to stop AI respawn on cache locations/random towns?. We had a server long issue with losing vehicles at Abdera.

- May it be, that certain slots only have access to red point optics? At least via the item menu, at first they could only equip 1x red dots, before they noticed the new VAS menu left of the weapon.

- There is a UAV Terminal in the box but no UAV. Maybe you could include the UAV backpack?

- Mortar bags would also come in handy. :)

- Maybe you could tune up the size of squads? Introduce teams made of two squads?

- Not sure about the takistan version, but altis version definitly needs some kind of a repair/rearm station for vehicles. Constantly blowing up vehicles on the wreck repair to repair/rearm totally kills immersion..

- Maybe tune down the amount of enemy rpgs? We couldn't really do ANYTHING with our vehicles, as enemy AT riflemen took them down within seconds when in sight (we played with 0.98 skill on enemy AI).

- logistics system: Maybe you could introduce a big transport container, which you could fill with lots of equipment/material. This container should be able to be airlifted to allow "supply drops".

Some things we noticed when playing this mission:

- 7.62 ammo isn't available at the magazines menu. Only accessible over the new menu left of the weapon.

- Only squadleaders have access to GPS?

I'll add them.

- Your revive script is still buggy. On revive your inventory is gonna fill with uniforms and vests. (btw on another mission we get this really loud sound distortion on respawn with your revive script. Any idea why?)

Did you active the "VAS load on respawn" feature? I got no prob with revive in our last game

- Is it right, that there are random enemy mortars? Or are you hiding IEDs even offroad? Our crewman reported, that when he drove the panther offroad to reach us, several explosions took place around him and eventually destroyed the vehicle.

If its random mortar fire, i like it, but it should be less accurate against moving targets.

If it isn't mortar fire, then i think IEDs (or were that mines?) shouldn't be placed offroads in the fields (unless its mines). Ah and also you should include enemy mortar fire, if you stay too long in one area as infantry. :)

There are no mortars atm, but i want to add them in the future. I want to write my own ied system, i noticed some weird explosion and lag, but i don't know how the system works and i can't give some further infos

- Number of enemies have to scale with the amount of players or at least give us a parameter in the lobby (altis version). We tried to take down a cache in Kore and killed like 150 AI, but eventually got swarmed down. Is there also a way to stop AI respawn on cache locations/random towns?. We had a server long issue with losing vehicles at Abdera.

Yes because it is a restriced area and all the patrols are close, i've to reduce them a bit in the altis version.

- May it be, that certain slots only have access to red point optics? At least via the item menu, at first they could only equip 1x red dots, before they noticed the new VAS menu left of the weapon.

Only TL has optics atm.

- There is a UAV Terminal in the box but no UAV. Maybe you could include the UAV backpack?

- Mortar bags would also come in handy. :)

- Maybe you could tune up the size of squads? Introduce teams made of two squads?

- Not sure about the takistan version, but altis version definitly needs some kind of a repair/rearm station for vehicles. Constantly blowing up vehicles on the wreck repair to repair/rearm totally kills immersion..

I'll add them!

- Maybe tune down the amount of enemy rpgs? We couldn't really do ANYTHING with our vehicles, as enemy AT riflemen took them down within seconds when in sight (we played with 0.98 skill on enemy AI).

It's random, i didn't notice in the last game but we play with asr_ai...I'll test it.

- logistics system: Maybe you could introduce a big transport container, which you could fill with lots of equipment/material. This container should be able to be airlifted to allow "supply drops".

Already in the TO DO list ;)

Thank you for the feedback! :cool:

Been folowing this topic for a while now and must say it realy starts to look good :) cant wait for the public release and play Insurgency again ;)

Keep up the good work :)

Send with Tapatalk.

same here but like to have addon free version

Followed well, check back a few posts, you will see one has been released ALTIS Version add-on FREE.

I've to stop the development for a while, I hope to get back to work on it soon!

Is it possible to port this missions to other islands with other enemy factions ?

I will try it at after work sounds promising.

Copy paste should work with no problems if the island has location definitions.

You can edit easily the class of faction you want to fight in the define.sqf.

I will make more features modular later, the first release was for thr manw contest and no mods are supported

Really like this mission.

A couple of questions though, Where would i look to tone down the amount of IEDs along the roads?

Is there a way to raise the reputation directly at start. We had just started the mission, left the base, no civilian casualties and got attacked by suicide bombers...

Also we had some problems with the medic system. If a person got hit and examined himself he saw that he was bleeding etc but if another player examined him at the same we got the message "... is not bleeding, not in pain..." but he still had pain effects etc. Problem reproduced a number of times during the night, different players...

Other than that, great mission :)

Thx for the information Giallustio, we like where this mission is heading to.

Looking forward for future versions and see the process of this cool idea.

Is it possible to disable the medical system and change it to cse or something ?

In the next version when i'll grab some time.

@Watarimono

At the beginning you a have a very low reputation level, you can change it in the define.sqf

For the IEDs you have to look inside "fnc\city\activate.sqf"

Looks like a interesting mission but I get a constant "Set Your User Actions" message? How do you do that?

Thanks

Vengeance

Press Escape then choose Configure - Controls - Custom Controls and bind User Action 1 and 2 to your keyboard

Esc -> Configure -> Controls -> Custom controls. You need them to use the interaction menu.

Working on an update, if you have bugs reported them ;)

Reported earlier about the medicsystem sometimes not working properly.

Would love to see a version without the medicsystem since we normally use CSE, no problem for me to implement CSE but I'm not sure where to start digging to disable your system.

Reported earlier about the medicsystem sometimes not working properly.

Would love to see a version without the medicsystem since we normally use CSE, no problem for me to implement CSE but I'm not sure where to start digging to disable your system.

I feel similar, my unit uses AGM, and we would love to use this map but the default system conflicts with AGM (as it does CSE). Giallustio, Is there anyway to easily get this mission more compatible to the mod sided medical systems?

Yep, in the next version. I added more params, I just need to test it a bit. Probably tonight with a RHS version

AGM compatible could be a big task, all i can do is make my features deactivable. I hope it's enough.

If this mission will get some popularity i could decide to develop new features, if you have some ideas post them!

I'm testing the new version right now, i hope to realease it tomorrow!