giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Mainly "try & break", I sent you the changelog with new features, so give them a try ;)

So far so good! Im actually surprised at how well it performs with so much going on (and so many units)! I haven't checked out the reputation system yet but will be getting into that tonight!

Keep in mind that at the beginning your reputation is very low. Killing and injuring civilians make it go down. Destroying hideout and caches and healing civilians make it go up. It's just a base system, it will be extended!

If you need more testers my team will gladly help out :)

PM sent!

Giallustio I have noticed that the enemy do spawn awfully close to the main HQ Base and Civvies tend to run riot around the base. Have you thought about placing a 'Base Protection' Zone around the HQ base, just a thought process in my mind. Great mission though, we are to test as a group soon. Keep up the great work mate.

I don't really like a "spawn protection". Keep in mind that at the moment all the cities are held by the militia, it won't be like that in the future. I could change the base position, i don't want to lose Loy Manara as possible location ;)

Watarimono reported some problem with the wreck repair and some weird spawn very far away from players (600+ AI) causing fps drop, anyone else?

(He was using ALIVE)

why "Requirements: - A3MP"? Couldnt you also create a vanilla version? Always hard to fill servers with mod requirements.

An idea. I suppose you have played MSO for A2? Maybe add an "intel" system similar to MSO. Where blufor operatives will randomly give you a rough location of enemy movement (large grp, techi convoys, ...) or civilian informants will give a bit more precise (or often) intel with its frequency depending on your reputation?

Project Reality:A2 had a nice insurgency system, where killed enemies wouldn't drop random suitcase, but where you could search bodies for intel and most of the time find nothing, but had a chance for "low level intel" like mobiles/notes or "high level intel" like notebooks or suitcases.

You could integrate some of your stuff from "WarStorm". Make the world persistent (initdb) and allow the blufor team to build FOBs.

Make the mission semi pvp compatible (via parameters), similar to A2: Insurgency. All Blufor players are actual players, but with a few slots (like 1/4 of blufor) for insurgents, to "blend" into the AI zerg.

And last but not least. I'd also like to test your mission. I already loved your "WarStorm" Mission (

beware germans talking! :D ) and was a big fan of A2: Insurgency. Sadly they never released another A3 version after the preliminary Stratis version.

why "Requirements: - A3MP"? Couldnt you also create a vanilla version? Always hard to fill servers with mod requirements.

It's easy to have an Altis version, it's pretty plug & play, but at the moment i'd like to have just one (easy to test & update) and Takistan is more fps friendly.

An idea. I suppose you have played MSO for A2? Maybe add an "intel" system similar to MSO. Where blufor operatives will randomly give you a rough location of enemy movement (large grp, techi convoys, ...) or civilian informants will give a bit more precise (or often) intel with its frequency depending on your reputation?

I splitted the way you can get the information in two ways at the moment. "Asking to civilians" & "retrieve intel from militia".

When the interpreter asks to the local population, the answer he will get depends on the global reputaion. You could get real informations, fake informations or no infromations at all. The answer is saved on the interpreter's log. Informations could be about hideouts, caches, and militia movement.

Project Reality:A2 had a nice insurgency system, where killed enemies wouldn't drop random suitcase, but where you could search bodies for intel and most of the time find nothing, but had a chance for "low level intel" like mobiles/notes or "high level intel" like notebooks or suitcases.

At the beginning i was thinking to add an item to the militia unit, but then i noticed that could be a little bit frustrating search every gear body.

You could integrate some of your stuff from "WarStorm". Make the world persistent (initdb) and allow the blufor team to build FOBs.

Now that BIS fixed the bug on the server's profile is very easy to make it even without addon, but i'll add it when i've a more stable version.

Make the mission semi pvp compatible (via parameters), similar to A2: Insurgency. All Blufor players are actual players, but with a few slots (like 1/4 of blufor) for insurgents, to "blend" into the AI zerg.

I'm not a real fun of PvP, but if i've time i'll try to add it!

And last but not least. I'd also like to test your mission. I already loved your "WarStorm" Mission (

beware germans talking! :D ) and was a big fan of A2: Insurgency. Sadly they never released another A3 version after the preliminary Stratis version.

I'm fixing a bug that can't ruin the mission performance reported by Watarimono, I'll send you the link when i've the next version ready ;)

Edit:

PM sent with the new version

Edited by Giallustio

- I did a few more testruns with and without ALiVE but haven't been able to reproduce the same bug again.

Something else I discovered when starting the mission is that it while chaching the AI it seems to leave quite a lot around the hideout spots. If I teleport to that location, let them spawn in and then teleports out again it chaches alot more of the AI. A bit hard to explain but I'll upload a video to show what I mean.

- Couldn't reproduce the wreck repair problem either. Worked like it should :)

Suggestion is to add a delay to the repair, right now it's instant finished. Maybe set a 5-10minutes waiting period until the repaired vehicle is back?

- If no players are on the server the AI count slowly rises, lowers a bit when someone joins but not all the way doen to the same level as when I left.

- When AI drop intel inside or on top of buildings I get no option to pick it up.

This is on 0.03, will try 0.04 shortly

Edited by Watarimono

- I did a few more testruns with and without ALiVE but haven't been able to reproduce the same bug again.

The crazy spawn has been fixed in the new version (0.04), i hope :p

Something else I discovered when starting the mission is that it while chaching the AI it seems to leave quite a lot around the hideout spots. If I teleport to that location, let them spawn in and then teleports out again it chaches alot more of the AI. A bit hard to explain but I'll upload a video to show what I mean.

When the mission starts, hideouts send out patrols. I've to keep the leader alive to let them patrol properly. So the hideouts guards will be cached, the leader of the patrols won't be cached instead.

Suggestion is to add a delay to the repair, right now it's instant finished. Maybe set a 5-10minutes waiting period until the repaired vehicle is back?

This is how works in the "War Storm", i'll think about that. What i thought is that all the logistic stuff you have to do to recover the wreck could be enough. The main problem is that you can remain with no vehicles available at the base.

- If no players are on the server the AI count slowly rises, lowers a bit when someone joins but not all the way doen to the same level as when I left.

- When AI drop intel inside or on top of buildings I get no option to pick it up.

I'll check 'em!

In the next version i'll try to change how the locations are selected. At the moment you have to define all the locations in the editor. I was thinking to grab them from the island cfg so porting the mission will be quicker and easier.

Video explaining the caching problem:

Before I telport into a hideout: 73AI

After I teleport out: 22AI (not killing anyone)

'Cause you were at the base, you teleported to the hideout and then to the left corner of the map. The AI close to the base didn't respawn

When the interpreter asks for info and someone answers, will that show up as intel on the map or?

Maybe add so the civs answers something even if they don't have any intel to give.

When the interpreter asks for info and someone answers, will that show up as intel on the map or?

Maybe add so the civs answers something even if they don't have any intel to give.

Only if is related to the cache, if not it's a text.

Yesterday i gave another go to the mission with my group and we got some weird problem with the caching system. I don't know if it's related to a conflict with some our mod or not. Does anyone notice anything? West units started to spawn repeatelly

Edited by Giallustio

What i reported in my previous post. I think it's the caching system, I'm on it!

What i reported in my previous post. I think it's the caching system, I'm on it!

Yes Sir, Sorken beat me to it, we headed towards a town and pulled up the vehicles just on the outskirts. a small fire team approached the town was declared 'clear' but then out of nowhere the enemy spawned behind us! (from where we had just come from) after sorting them out we then got another random enemy spawn in front. We backed off and as we went to the vehicles there were around 9 NATO AI's following us? they actually kept spawning and de-spawning right in front of us several times. Nothing in RPT files to show at this stage.

So it appears the issue with the NATO AI's but also the spawning of enemies on top of you too..Just for your information Giallustio

I also ran a #monitor 10 test and noticed the dedicated server FPS was really low all the time running at 12 Fps again just Information dude :)

Edited by daneplant

Yes Sir, Sorken beat me to it, we headed towards a town and pulled up the vehicles just on the outskirts. a small fire team approached the town was declared 'clear' but then out of nowhere the enemy spawned behind us! (from where we had just come from) after sorting them out we then got another random enemy spawn in front. We backed off and as we went to the vehicles there were around 9 NATO AI's following us? they actually kept spawning and de-spawning right in front of us several times. Nothing in RPT files to show at this stage.

So it appears the issue with the NATO AI's but also the spawning of enemies on top of you too..Just for your information Giallustio

I also ran a #monitor 10 test and noticed the dedicated server FPS was really low all the time running at 12 Fps again just Information dude :)

Yes, i don't know if is desync or what. I'm working on the caching system right now, i hope to fix it soon

EDIT

The problem seems fixed. I tested in 2 players, so i can't say that for sure. In the next version i'll add an Altis version with no mods required at all.

Edited by Giallustio

I checked both versions shortly, looks nice! Gonna play a session with some mates this evening and report feedback afterwards.

Another suggestion. Lock the equipment in the VAS depending on the players class (similar to Patrol Ops). Squadleader/Spotter (UAV access, rangefinder, laser designator), Medics, Grenadier, MG (heavy MGs), marksman (mk14 ebr), Rifleman AT (pcml), heavy AT (Titan), Crewman (carbines, smgs only) and maximum of 1 or 2 snipers. I never liked the VAS capability to create largely imbalanced/op gears for everyone.

That's easy to do for who wants to host a public server, i'm more focused on small groups that have their own rules at the moment

Played 0.05 last night without any problems reported at all :)

No crazy blufor spawns or anything.

Good job :D

Happy to hear! What about performance?

Working on 0.6

Already fixed allahu akbar sound for suiciders.

I won't release new versions until I'll implement the new population system!

Mine worked well as well! Perfomance was good but I seemed to be getting a little less FPS than the last version. Played for about two hours last night smoothly!

We would test your mission too, have played insurgency in arma2 allot, but it seems you have enough testers;).

But have to say i like your decision to specialize on smaller groups, because they are mod open(CAFagressore are need for immersion) and play it without thousands of rules likes its meant to be.

Is this modus on one of the A3mp maps or altis ?