Sign in to follow this  
resistance-rat

MP Compatible Conversation

Hello everyone,

I have some problems with Arma 2 conversations working in MP.

It's my first MP mission and I am not experienced enough to deal with this one, so I hope you will be able to help me.

I have a mission for 12 players with manual controlled conversation between Player Leader (RESRAT_Leader) and AI character (RESRAT_Velitel):

RESRAT_Leader kbTell [RESRAT_Velitel, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Leader_02"];

waitUntil {RESRAT_Leader kbWasSaid [RESRAT_Velitel, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Leader_02", 1]};

RESRAT_Velitel kbTell [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_01"];

waitUntil {RESRAT_Velitel kbWasSaid [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_01", 1]};

RESRAT_Velitel kbTell [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_02"];

waitUntil {RESRAT_Velitel kbWasSaid [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_02", 1]};

RESRAT_Velitel kbTell [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_03"];

waitUntil {RESRAT_Velitel kbWasSaid [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_03", 1]};

RESRAT_Velitel kbTell [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_04"];

waitUntil {RESRAT_Velitel kbWasSaid [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_04", 1]};

RESRAT_Velitel kbTell [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_05"];

waitUntil {RESRAT_Velitel kbWasSaid [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_05", 1]};

RESRAT_Velitel kbTell [RESRAT_Leader, "NAPA_Conversation", "NAPA_Slava_06"];

The problem is, that nobody, including Player Leader can't see or hear AI's sentences, only player's ones.

I know it has something to do with local and global scripts, but that's probably all I know.

I searched through the forum and I found that I need to set up some MP Framework working and to be honest, I have no idea what to do :(

Conversation is working in SP, but it's useless on server.

So basically: Is someone able to help me with making this conversation MP compatible?

I will be grateful for any help :)

Well, is it even possible to make a conversation (using kbAddTopic and kbTell) on dedicated server? :confused: