Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Getting The Enemy AI To Rearm/refuel/repair?

I created a pretty awesome mission... or at least that's what players say . My only problem is the AI. I have jets, tanks and choppers spawning on various triggers, although I'd like to know how to get them to rearm/repair/refuel. What actually happens when for example an enemy jet or other vehicle runs out of ammo? Does it just continue to SAD without ammo? If we were flying a jet or driving a tank and we'd ran low on fuel, armour or ammo we'd probably want to head towards the nearest rearm/refuel point. So how do I go about getting enemy AI to do the same? I'd like to know because it will add even more realism to my mission. I think it would give the AI an even playing field too.

Help much appreciated

Cheers

Ian

No idea on that either, unlike arma2 support units with support waypoints are either horribly bugged (try giving a CLS support group a support waypoint) or extremely unreliable, and autonomous rearming/refueling/repairing won't happen either.

You'd probably have to create small script snippets that simulate such a behavior.

I'm kind of getting into scripting and understanding the logic, so I'm guessing I'd have to add a 'if' the AI reaches a count below a set parameter it moves a WP that sends it to land or enter a rearm/fuel point, and when its refuelled, repaired etc., it takes off again to continue to seek and destroy. It would obviously have to be a loop.

Just use _vehiclename setfuel 1 and _vehiclename setvehicleammo 1 to refuel/rearm as needed.

• Like 1