Sign in to follow this  
Crielaard

adding and removing eventhandlers

I have completed an airburst script which affects it's surrounding as per real life 'REDs'. I can add the airburst funtion to an aircraft so all specified bomb types will airburst by putting this in the init line:

'This addeventhandler .......' anf that works fine.

However I want the pilot to turn this function On and off. Placing this in an AddAction somehow doesnt work. Been searching google and the forum for days now! :-(

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Do you add the addAction to the plane? If so, within an addAction, _this will be the unit that activated the addAction and _target will be the object the AddAction is attached to.

Thanks didnt know that.

So far I have this in the init line:

this addAction ["Set airburst fuse", {_target addEventHandler ["fired",{_target execVM "airburst\airburst.sqf"}]}];

Which is not working

Try the following:

this addAction ["Set airburst fuse", {(_this select 0) addEventHandler ["fired",{(_this select 0) execVM "airburst\airburst.sqf"}]}];

YES that did it!

Thanks!!!

Now...can you explain the 'select 0' part. Ofcourse I know what the command does but what can you find in the 0 indec of the _this array??

YES that did it!

Thanks!!!

Now...can you explain the 'select 0' part. Ofcourse I know what the command does but what can you find in the 0 indec of the _this array??

its the arguments the event sends to the handler.

it looks like this:

[player, player, 0]; // player activated the action, player owns the action, 0 is the id of the action in the player (the first addaction)

so by doing (_this select someNumber) you are fetching those arguments from the array

Right...

So the above worked but now I have put the above in an add action.

It works basically. I just stumble into an anomally I can not understand.

There are two scripts running here:

1. A "fired" event handler with ID "JDAM"to for a JDAM simulation if a jdam type bomb is released.

This is just placed in the init line. And works perfectly on it's own.

2. The script from this thread initialised with an execVM in the initline aswell. The script creates two actions "set airburst fuse" which invokes the event handler "fired" with ID "AIRBURST".

The other action simply does: removeeventhandler ["fired", AIRBURST].

The anomally is that I have to Activate the airburst now for the JDAM eventhandler to work.

Edited by 87th_Neptune