Drongo69

Random Displacements (mission building system)

Random Displacements v051

The download contains a SP/COOP demo mission, a template and an experimental SP/COOP dynamic campaign.

OVERVIEW

Random displacements is a set of scripts to quickly and easily setup enemy forces and objectives for a mission or campaign. RD works in both SP and COOP. RD contains an automated battle generator and a new type of dynamic campaign.

The mission maker places markers on the map for possible locations of enemy forces and edits a single .sqf file that specifies the number and types of enemy groups in the mission. The scripts then select locations from the available markers and spawn groups at them. This gives a lot of re-playability and unpredictability, even for the mission maker himself. The system supports any map and any addon. Mission makers can also add locations that must be captured. When all of these locations are captured by the player side, the mission automatically ends.

The enemy group types that can be spawned are crew-served weapon, ambush, infantry patrol, garrison, soft vehicle patrol, AFV guard groups and AFV hold groups. Groups can also be manually placed in the editor or spawned by other AI/population scripts and they will not interfere with RD (they will also be counted for holding objectives).

RD was first developed for OFP and heavily playtested in coop, but was never publicly released.

SOME CONCEPTS

RD is based around SP/COOP play (though it is compatible with TvT missions also). The side on which AI is spawned is considered the enemy side. The side which is not spawned is considered the player or friendly side.

Static weapons are referred to as crew-served weapons or CSW. Soft vehicles are technicals, MRAPs etc. AFVs are all armoured from MBTs to APC ambulances to SPAA. Ambushes are infantry groups that lie down where spawned. Patrols are infantry groups that move around the area where spawned. Garrisons are infantry groups that occupy buildings.

Soft vehicles use UPSMON to patrol. AFV groups use guard waypoints to react to the player side. AFVdef (defend) groups use hold waypoints.

rd1.jpg"]rd1.jpg[/url]

Download version 051 (experimental campaign system)

The campaign requires my Command Enhancement. I would also recommend my artillery and air support systems.

I have not tested the dynamic campaign or generator in MP. I am eager for feedback on how they both perform in both SP and MP.

Edited by Drongo69

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

So many possibilities. Amazing scripts... Thanks a lot.

Very nice set of script. Good to use!

Awesome... Just yesterday I was thinking about creating something like this by myself - now I don't have to. :D Thank you!

You are using a spanish script of UPSMON from monsada and distribute without permission of any kind...

and in your description file:

You may NOT publically distribute altered versions of this system without my written permission.

You may NOT use this system or any derivatives thereof in any way for monetary gain.

You may NOT use this system or derivatives thereof as part of any submission to any contest or any kind (especially not for the "Make Arma Not War" contest by BIS).

You are the first that are using works from others without permission.

If you use a restrictive license using code from Monsada you need first remove this code from your own code.

I failed to credit Monsada and for that I apologize (I wrote most of this system last year and forgot I has used his code). I will correct this. However, his documents are right there in the mission folder for anybody to see.

That aside, you obviously don't understand the OFP community and intend to misrepresent me and my intentions. Here is the full license:

You may reverse-engineer this addon for your personal use.

You may publically distribute missions this system without my permission.

You may publically distribute missions using altered versions of this system without my permission.

You may NOT publically distribute altered versions of this system without my written permission.

You may NOT use this system or any derivatives thereof in any way for monetary gain.

You may NOT use this system or derivatives thereof as part of any submission to any contest or any kind (especially not for the "Make Arma Not War" contest by BIS).

So basically, don't make money off it and if you want to release an improved version, ask me first (to avoid confusion on the forums over naming, releasing multiple variants in the same thread etc).

You are new to OFP/Arma and obviously don't understand how it works, but people write AI scripts for other people to use in their missions, that is why they release them. It has been like that for over a decade. That is why I took the time to write, test, document and release this system (just to have some newbie kid bitch at me for it). My license isn't even strict (don't make money off it, don't release an improved version without asking me first).

So lurk more, learn how the community works and get off your fucking high horse.

Grab code and impose your conditions over source code that isn't yours is impossible.

Isn't a matter of non written rules of the community, if the full source code isnt yours you cannot create a valid license.

"So lurk more, learn how the community works and get off your fucking high horse"

With this comment is very clear the kind of person you are, but I'm not worried at all.

It is clear that I have absolutely right in everything I say and you're taking these source code that is not yours and applying a license for something that is not yours.

You couldn't be any more new or wrong. I am not claiming a license over his work, all of his documentation is in the folder. Nobody would even believe me if I said "I am the creator of UPS". Are you saying that people using VAS, DAC, Grouplink or the script version of my toolkit in their missions are stealing it and misapplying a license? That's completely retarded. What is the point of releasing scripts if people are not allowed to use them in their missions? Should people download a mission, then download VAS, then copy-paste it into the mission folder, then .pbo it? Maybe mission-makers should contact addon makers and ask for permission to use their units in a mission?

If you want to keep crying about this, or if Monsada has asked you to tell me that he doesn't me to use his work, please PM me. Until then, go back to COD and stop shitting up my thread.

@djotacon

it's not your place to be playing the forum license police. If you think any kind of misconduct has occurred, you should report any relevant posts and/or PM the parties in question.

Thread derailment stops at the dotted line.

. . . . . . . . . .

Edited by MadDogX

I've got some problems with the Vehicles: I set rdSquadSizeV = [1,1];, as I just want one vehicle per location max. But even if I set rdSpawnSoftVehicle = 1; rdSpawnAFV = 1; I get one location with vehicles spawned (so far so good), but instead of spawning one vehicle group with only one vehicle, a whole group of all the vehicles that are defined in rdSoft and rdAFV is being spawned.

No matter what I try to put in there, I never get a satisfying result.

For my mission I can't rely on the unit's inits-method, as everything has to be spawned via script and I don't want to use the editor beside the absolutely necessary stuff. But what I want to achieve is that max 1 vehicle is being spawned per rdVehicle-marker.

I'll fix that in the next release. For now, edit RD\Spawn\SpawnVehicles.sqf. Where you see _count = 1 + (random 2); try this code instead:

_count = 0;
_sizeMin = 0;
_sizeMax = 0;
_sizeMin = rdSquadSizeV select 0;
_sizeMax = rdSquadSizeV select 1;
_count = _sizeMax - _sizeMin;
if (_count > 0) then {_count = _sizeMin + (random _count)};
if (_count == 0) then {_count = _sizeMax};

This is untested, please let me know if it doesn't work.

This is untested, please let me know if it doesn't work.

It does work. Perfectly fine. Thank you!

First post updated with version 02. Changes:

• Added credit for Monsada's UPSMON
  • Updated license
  • Fixed a bug with rdSquadSizeV not affecting vehicle group size
  • Added Destroy Object objective
  • Added Destroy Squad objective
  • Added Destroy Vehicles objective
  • Disabled by default the requirement to kill 80% of the enemy force to win the mission (may be bugged)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

Does this include some form of caching or are the AI spawned at all markers at once?

Ai is not very friendly to my AMD 8 core 4,2ghz lol. :D

Thanks.

There is no caching, but the mission-maker has control over how many AI groups are spawned, as well as the size of those groups. If you want, you could put down 100 markers and set only a single group to spawn. The single group would spawn at a single randomly selected marker.

This system is not a whole map AI spawner like ALIVE or DAC, it is focused on a single cluster of objectives. The missions I usually make are based around capturing a town and maybe a nearby hill or base. So a few squads of infantry and a few vehicle groups are sufficient for the AI.

Great set of scripts, ive been playing around with it for hours, small problem I cant seem to get the end mission to work

blackabbot, which are you using the latest version? Could you please upload your mission?

Using latest version, your demo mission, captured all objectives mission did not end.

set up small mission of my own with one objective to capture an airport waited but no mission end, sorry I don't know how to upload my missions.

// Auto-end the mission when all objectives are captured by the player side?

rdAutoEnd = true;

//rdAutoEnd = false;

I have tried with above both rdAutoend =true, could be my fault am I supposed to uncomment either of the above to get it to work

@blackabbot

I'll take a look at the problem, hopefully I'll be able to fix it for the next release.

First post updated with version 03. Changes:

• Fixed a bug with RD\Objectives\Check.sqf that was preventing anything but the first check of enemy/friendly presence
  • Altered RD\Objectives\Check.sqf to prevent air units from capping objectives (though they can prevent other units from capturing objectives)

In short, capturing objectives should work properly now. Please let me know if it doesn't.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

I can confirm that capturing objectives and mission ending works perfectly in version 03, thank you for your efforts.