• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

after doing some diggin..

iRUDfjk.jpg

from the image there's 4 possibilities..Taiwan,Hainan,Malaysia and Indonesia

where do you get this from?

lol, ok.

long time I didn't watch it...

Dan;2914144']Were always the bad guys! Cant the US suddenly be the bad guys?

You have no Idea how it feels to always be the bad guy! ;)

I'd be totally cool with UK being the bad guys. Time to reclaim the Empire!

I highly doubt that he's working for CSAT considering NATO MEDCOM knows who he is. The setbacks that CTRG deliberately caused (AAF attacking TF Aegis, the airport invasion, Mike-26 being destroyed, etc) were all ordered by NATO MEDCOM in order to buy more time for the team to find the tectonic device.

It was directly stated that the Chinese government provided the materials for Takistan's nuclear program in both endings (with Deception being the canonical one). Reynolds was basically paid to cover up their involvement by killing the UN inspectors and getting rid of the evidence.

I wonder how much Reynolds had a role in prior campaigns considering his role in PMC. Perhaps China's rise to power can be traced back to ArmA I.

He informed the United States that a flashpoint was at risk in Sahrani as the area was turning into a hotbed ala the Cold War Crisis, personally requested Black Element to assist the Queen Isabelle to kill Prince Orlando (which failed as Black Element sided with the Partisans), helped bring the Marines into Chernarus to go after Lopotev (who I imagine was someone arming the SLA, so they would deem Lopotev a serious threat), and was able to get logistics on affiliates to Lopotev, linking his actions in Chernarus to Takistan and Colonel Aziz, which eventually led to a destabilized region requiring his direct services with ION. Then there's the issue in Seattle where he and ION were involved in transferring something similar in importance to the fissile materials found in the Takistani region.

That's quite a lot of coincidences, as he's somewhat linked to nearly every major conflict on Sahrani, Chernarus, and Takistan, mostly indirectly. Perhaps all of this was a way to get the United States busy with Soviet remnants (which links to Colonel Aziz) and to create and allow China to become a larger superpower? I doubt China would plan a 7 year plan involving getting fissile material from a testing ground and hoping the stars align to get the United States into Takistan by hoping Sahrani implodes. Then again, how it seems to be pieced together seems like they could have taken advantage of one event and slowly allow it to link back to Takistan. I have no idea how China plays a role post Take on Helicopters other than wanting the tectonic device. Didn't Iran/CSAT make it and give it to the Altis region? Or is that secretly Chinese technology?

Edited by Foffy

It would be nice to see a campaign based on the recent drug war in Mexico and latin America. A lot of missions can be done about for example los zetas and how they paramilitarized all the cartels.

Didn't Iran/CSAT make it and give it to the Altis region? Or is that secretly Chinese technology?

Jointly designed between the Chinese and Iranians most likely, much like how the field manual describes the Katiba's development similarly being a joint project.

As for the device being set on Altis, both Bootcamp and Win explain a bit as to why Altis was chosen; CSAT needed to test the device in a region where geographically there's no little to no tectonic movement in order to make sure it works everywhere. Not to mention that Akhanteros' government was looking for financial and military investment from the East right after the civil war ended, so a likely part of that deal involved giving the green light to CSAT the rights to experiment on the island in exchange for their support.

I wonder how much Reynolds had a role in prior campaigns considering his role in PMC. Perhaps China's rise to power can be traced back to ArmA I.

He informed the United States that a flashpoint was at risk in Sahrani as the area was turning into a hotbed ala the Cold War Crisis, personally requested Black Element to assist the Queen Isabelle to kill Prince Orlando (which failed as Black Element sided with the Partisans), helped bring the Marines into Chernarus to go after Lopotev (who I imagine was someone arming the SLA, so they would deem Lopotev a serious threat), and was able to get logistics on affiliates to Lopotev, linking his actions in Chernarus to Takistan and Colonel Aziz, which eventually led to a destabilized region requiring his direct services with ION. Then there's the issue in Seattle where he and ION were involved in transferring something similar in importance to the fissile materials found in the Takistani region.

That's quite a lot of coincidences, as he's somewhat linked to nearly every major conflict on Sahrani, Chernarus, and Takistan, mostly indirectly. Perhaps all of this was a way to get the United States busy with Soviet remnants (which links to Colonel Aziz) and to create and allow China to become a larger superpower? I doubt China would plan a 7 year plan involving getting fissile material from a testing ground and hoping the stars align to get the United States into Takistan by hoping Sahrani implodes. Then again, how it seems to be pieced together seems like they could have taken advantage of one event and slowly allow it to link back to Takistan. I have no idea how China plays a role post Take on Helicopters other than wanting the tectonic device. Didn't Iran/CSAT make it and give it to the Altis region? Or is that secretly Chinese technology?

I rekon Armstrong is got something to do with it too. :p

First he fights the Soviets in the Malden Islands. Then he just happens to be an officer on Sahrani when hell breaks loose. And his a commander of a USMC unit in Chernarus.

Maybe its all just payback by Armstrong because of what happened to Kozlowski, Berghoff and that other guy who calls people meathead. :p

I rekon Armstrong is got something to do with it too. :p

First he fights the Soviets in the Malden Islands. Then he just happens to be an officer on Sahrani when hell breaks loose. And his a commander of a USMC unit in Chernarus.

Maybe its all just payback by Armstrong because of what happened to Kozlowski, Berghoff and that other guy who calls people meathead. :p

Armstrong is more of a running gag in the Arma series I'd say. There's also a Private Armstrong in Camp Maxwell IIRC.^^

Armstrong is more of a running gag in the Arma series I'd say. There's also a Private Armstrong in Camp Maxwell IIRC.^^

That was just my small back story joke on Armstrong. If you really want to, I have a lot longer back story that goes all the way back to Vikta Troska. an Illuminati like thing involving Gavtovski, Troska, Armstrong, The player from Queens gambit, Reynolds and Poet. Nuclear weapons. Russia and Arma3 is just the outcome of there revenge on Soviets/Russia because of Guba.

The Count of Monte Troska :p

Its long and full of plot holes hahahaha :p

It would be nice to see a campaign based on the recent drug war in Mexico and latin America. A lot of missions can be done about for example los zetas and how they paramilitarized all the cartels.

I too would like to see something a bit more urban, perhaps as a much smaller expansion heavily focussed on a series of small cities where open-ended CQC is a dominant feature. It will also allow the game to diversify a lot with things we've seen in rainbow6 games like more silenced and short ranged burst/full auto submachine guns with varying strengths, breaching charges, shotguns and a much deeper focus on infantry level tactics and strategies.

Unfortunately from what I've learned the engine is hamstrung by being a 32 bit software and to truly do any justice to a 2015+ city scale fighter it would absolutely by necessity have to upgrade.

DX12 support with much better multi-core utilization (a 16-core server CPU should have a notable performance benefit in A3 :p ), a new big (Asian?) map with unique vegetation and buildings, one or two fully new sides and more civilian assets would liven things up. It would also open things for a possible future naval DLC for those who would like more in-depth naval combat. Altis is big but the mediterranean theme gets boring after a while so I think it's due for a fully new official terrain. Some more dense urban and forest/jungle areas would be nice to see too.

i would like to the the good old Middle East in arma 3
If Takistan is indicative of what you had in mind by "good old Middle East" (yes I know) then no, a Bohemia devblog specifically specified that they're aiming for a different feel.

one-million-dollars.png

That's not exactly a lot of money in 2035 (excepting some serious financial problems or revaluations in the following two decades).

That's not exactly a lot of money in 2035 (excepting some serious financial problems or revaluations in the following two decades).

That's the joke, haha. You've never seen Austin Powers?

1 million dollars to prevent the destruction of the earth is not a lot of money now either.

That's the joke, haha. You've never seen Austin Powers?

1 million dollars to prevent the destruction of the earth is not a lot of money now either.

That was the joke in the original. One of the guy's sidekicks actually recommends requesting more money. That's what I referenced.

There's some rumours going on about it being a vulcanic island...

spockwake.jpg

Vulcanic, or volcanic? :rolleyes:

Vulcanic

It's confirmed... Arma 3 goes future for reals now.