drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

they seem very simple answers ;)

Well, there is a certain day we will hear more about the expansion. We may not know the exact day. But when BIS have the info they wish to share with us they will release it.

That will be the certain day ;)

A small update of the info about the expansion would be nice indeed.

But I feel BIS will surprise us and not set it in Asia.

Pacific could be Australia or New Zeland.

A small update of the info about the expansion would be nice indeed.

But I feel BIS will surprise us and not set it in Asia.

Pacific could be Australia or New Zeland.

Don't forget that it's a Terrain Type that hasn't been on BIS's list of Official Terrains, and it's contrast to Altis's Dry Mediterranean setting. They used the term contrast exactly, so it could be the opposite, meaning damp, wet enviornment. It's still very unclear, however i think the best lead still, are the structures made by Black Element, which only develops models for BIS games. That means DayZ, and Arma 3. And DayZ isn't getting a new Terrain, and DayZ sure doesn't look like they'd use these in an Urban Russian terrain.

I would enjoy a campaign of small special operations missions. I'm sure there would be no enthusiasm anywhere in the West for a large ground war in Asia, but inserting teams of one sort or another here and there for short, specific missions could be huge fun.

Don't forget that it's a Terrain Type that hasn't been on BIS's list of Official Terrains, and it's contrast to Altis's Dry Mediterranean setting. They used the term contrast exactly, so it could be the opposite, meaning damp, wet enviornment. It's still very unclear, however i think the best lead still, are the structures made by Black Element, which only develops models for BIS games. That means DayZ, and Arma 3. And DayZ isn't getting a new Terrain, and DayZ sure doesn't look like they'd use these in an Urban Russian terrain.

Wow I called it! I said Asia months ago :D

You can see lots of boats on their too, indicating Asian areas. That hunt might be balinese or indonesian.

Didn't the story kind of end with the idea of Asia being a role? Wasn't Miller working as an agent for them?

As an aside, wasn't the main client in Private Military Company also from Asia? Perhaps they wanted fissile materials, gain more power in the span between ArmA II and III, and begin a testing initiative with a seismic device on Altis?

Wasn't Miller working as an agent for them?

I highly doubt that he's working for CSAT considering NATO MEDCOM knows who he is. The setbacks that CTRG deliberately caused (AAF attacking TF Aegis, the airport invasion, Mike-26 being destroyed, etc) were all ordered by NATO MEDCOM in order to buy more time for the team to find the tectonic device.

As an aside, wasn't the main client in Private Military Company also from Asia?

It was directly stated that the Chinese government provided the materials for Takistan's nuclear program in both endings (with Deception being the canonical one). Reynolds was basically paid to cover up their involvement by killing the UN inspectors and getting rid of the evidence.

Edited by drebin052

If I recall correctly it was Vrana specifically that got paid off, while Reynolds was on board whether or not he also got separately paid off.

IMO Miller wasn't working for NATO but Brits only.

SBS black ops, UK eyes only. That's why MEDCOM wasn't aware of their presence.

But still, he's on the good side - just not NATO side, Brits side only.

If I recall correctly it was Vrana specifically that got paid off, while Reynolds was on board whether or not he also got separately paid off.

Both parties were paid by the Chinese to deal with it:

Reynolds has gone rogue; the clients are in the dark, and in truth - so am I. I've no idea how much of this move has come from the powers above - from ION, from Vrana Corp Industries - and how much it's Reynolds acting autonomously.

It seems like there's so much at stake: international relations, the domestic jobs market - hell, my whole future back in Cali could be defined by my actions in this backwater of humanity. Can I do this? I trust Reynolds - I mean, I thought I did. I just don't know what's going on. Where do these orders come from? ION? Vrana Corp Industries? Reynolds acting alone as a loose cannon? Hell, I don't know what's better right now - or what's worse.

And the AAN news report for the "honest" ending:

Senior company officials have moved quickly to distance ION from the affair. A spokesman from the Montreal-based Vrana Corp, majority stakeholder in ION, released this statement, earlier today:

Reports have implicated private military company, ION Incorporated, in an attempted cover up. Undisclosed sources, close to the company, have alleged complicity between several high-ranking Chinese officials and company executives.

Independent testing has confirmed initial reports that the fissile material is of Chinese origin, with emergency talks scheduled to talk place between Chinese diplomats and NATO security council members in the coming hours.

The discovery of weaponised nuclear material at an abandoned Takistani testing facility, has sent shock waves around the international community and has destabilised global money markets, with the Dow falling 9.2% at the close.

So if the map is in South Asia what factions are the most likely ?

So if the map is in South Asia what factions are the most likely ?

China, Indonesia. Maybe Thailand. Civilian overhaul for sure.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

China, Indonesia. Maybe Thailand.

Fingers crossed it's China.

They have alot of assets that could fill some of the holes in the current arsenal.

Everything from light mortars, Type 69 rocket propelled rockets, to the type 99 mbt.

Plot twist: DLC takes place in Africa. You fight, uh, I dunno. Nigeria is CSAT now?

I speculate something with Jungles. Say southeast Asia probably an Island.

Plot twist: DLC takes place in Africa. You fight, uh, I dunno. Nigeria is CSAT now?

Nigeria would not turn out Opfor. As of now, in geopolitical relations, they're teaming with NATO. If anything, you'd end up fighting ISIS/Boko Haram rebels if it turned out to be Nigeria... which would be awkward considering where the build of Arma 3's story line has been heading.

In practice there's been 20+ years for things to realign, especially after NATO completed withdrawal from Takistan.

no i hope for a even better one it will be an arctic ice dessert and the assets are for some deams of summer and warmth before your char freze to death

Nigeria would not turn out Opfor. As of now, in geopolitical relations, they're teaming with NATO. If anything, you'd end up fighting ISIS/Boko Haram rebels if it turned out to be Nigeria... which would be awkward considering where the build of Arma 3's story line has been heading.

The OPFOR doesn't have to belong to the region the terrain is in. The indigenous forces would most likely be on the Independent side.

Anyway, we've had pretty solid clues that the OPFOR will be China. Unless Bohemia Introllactive is deliberately misleading us with fake clues and the OPFOR is going to be the UK or something.

[...] and the OPFOR is going to be the UK or something.

Now that would make a cool plot twist! :D

Now that would make a cool plot twist! :D

Were always the bad guys! Cant the US suddenly be the bad guys?

Dan;2914144']Were always the bad guys! Cant the US suddenly be the bad guys?
... no, no you're not enough.