drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

MMGs = Micro Machine Guns obviously!

In b4 mounted on Darter. OMG. Hahahaha, i edited the darter to have 30mm cannon yesterday, i couldn't stop laughing. Looks cute though.

I am really hoping that the bipod is not the only new gameplay addition to arma 3 in the marksmen dlc.

The sniping in Arma 3 leaves alot to be desired. Simple things such as mil turrets, wind and better bullet trajectory simulation would be welcomed.

I am really hoping that the bipod is not the only new gameplay addition to arma 3 in the marksmen dlc.
While it's probably not the only feature (as opposed to stuff like new ghillie wear), based on previous dev remarks about promises *ahem* and axed features weapon resting/deployment is probably the one that they have the most confidence in pulling off...

Do you think there will be TVG in the Marksmen DLC?

We have NVG, but Thermal Vision Goggles could be could too, what do you think?

There are unused classnames in the ArmA3 pbos relating to thermal goggles (namely "NVCGoggles" and "TIGoggles"), perhaps another thing they had to leave out? Will we see them in the DLC? Who knows...

I certainly hope not. Frankly I think thermals make this game too easy and I was very glad BIS didn't add those ridiculous thermal optics as a standard loadout, like they did for the Team Leaders in Arrowhead. When the first shots of CSAT were released, I was afraid they would have thermal vision in their eyepieces, so in a way I'm glad they ended up serving no purpose. Gameplay-wise, I think the MRAPS equipped with thermal sights and CROWS-style GMG turret were a horrendous idea.

I certainly hope not. Frankly I think thermals make this game too easy and I was very glad BIS didn't add those ridiculous thermal optics as a standard loadout, like they did for the Team Leaders in Arrowhead. When the first shots of CSAT were released, I was afraid they would have thermal vision in their eyepieces, so in a way I'm glad they ended up serving no purpose. Gameplay-wise, I think the MRAPS equipped with thermal sights and CROWS-style GMG turret were a horrendous idea.

Hear hear. I think putting RCWS instead of normal, manned M240s and M2s was a very bad idea. It just makes them too powerful. They have no weakness except for full-on AT weapons.

All of Dslyecxi's rage about the action menu over the years, and specifically his latest video can only mean one thing - They're going to finally fix/replace the Action Menu.

[wild_supposition_and_guesswork]

All of Dslyecxi's rage about the action menu over the years, and specifically his latest video can only mean one thing - They're going to finally fix/replace the Action Menu.
[/wild_supposition_and_guesswork]

Also, a poll about which DLC you like the most....when one of them isn't even out yet? Are you serious?

I'd like to see more weapon accessories and the option to mount all picatinny rails at once (= multiple attached accessories). In addition, I would like to see improved long range sniper weapon handling. I don't know how to describe that, but it doesn't feel realistic when you're fireing a long range weapon. Maybe something like reducing the noise around you while holding your breath, so it looks like you're really focused on that one shot. Well, the list goes on and on. In the end they can't please everyone ;)

Sobriety Time: The only actually confirmed Marksmen feature is "weapon stabilization" (resting/deployment), everything else is "we're looking at" (audio/AI/recoil) or "prototyping" (3D Editor) or "once we're more confident that they'll fit into the Marksmen development schedule" (may not actually be greenlit yet).

I hope one not mentioned feature is ammo repacking! :-)

Agreed

Also, a poll about which DLC you like the most....when one of them isn't even out yet? Are you serious?

FYI I didn't make that poll. It was merged in from other threads that were made by someone else when they first announced Heli/Marks DLCs, not me.

i hope that the upcoming dlc will deliver it with some additions for mission maker/mapper

1 port the SCUD B in empty section like a target for some mission

2 some special buildings historical and facility /lab to add more soul to the environment

@ Zukov: While new buildings are WIP, they're almost certainly meant for the Expansion's terrain and not (directly) in the Marksmen DLC.

@ Zukov: While new buildings are WIP, they're almost certainly meant for the Expansion's terrain and not (directly) in the Marksmen DLC.

maybe some buildings from OA , a good addition would be all warfare buildings radar etc something that gives good mood to a terrain/map

maybe some buildings from OA , a good addition would be all warfare buildings radar etc something that gives good mood to a terrain/map

This exactly, I miss the ramparts and most of the buildings with Camo netting. They had some in previews before the game was released, but decided to scrap it? Idk why though. The thing is that they ported the plain old Camo nets over. Why not some of the other ones?

This exactly, I miss the ramparts and most of the buildings with Camo netting. They had some in previews before the game was released, but decided to scrap it? Idk why though. The thing is that they ported the plain old Camo nets over. Why not some of the other ones?

Especially the warfare buildings.

Any chance for release content of OFP (including missions and campaigns) as a DLC? Current "modern" set is a crap.

Of course there is AiA and RedHammer's addons but maybe Bohemia could do something valuable in area of DLCs (i am not sure why helis and karts were released - oh, i know that karts had to piss me off with idiotic sticking to everything i touched)?

Regards

If BI aren't willing to port ArmA2 content (content they own the rights to), they wont be porting/remaking from scratch (to improve on quality) content they don't own the rights to (Codemasters do). So to answer your question, I'd say there is a 0.00000000001% chance we'll ever see that happen, as an 'official' DLC anyway.

Edited by Jackal326

any chance for release content of ofp (including missions and campaigns) as a dlc?

bis

y u no

remake flashpoint

Any chance for release content of OFP (including missions and campaigns) as a DLC?

They've already did it! :) And no, You don't want these old models in A3. Not to mention OFP missions can't be straightforwardly ported to A3. Your best bet is to wait for modders (like Sudden's East vs West)

(And little correction for Jackal: they do own this stuff. Only Red Hammer campaign, and associated content, are owned by Codies. Along with OFP name)