Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

Brisse: you can say it - JSRS sounds much better than anything else, not to mention vanilla ;)

it would be cool if the devs would include some engine updates in one of theyr expansions (i think there will be more than one expansion) like they did with arma 2 and operation arrowhead. it would be cool if they deliver the enfusion engine in one of theyr expansions.

oh and BI, its time for a singleplayer respawn script/module. please deliver one in one expansion, i mean come on, its over 13 years and no SP respawn module/script out there ;/

it would be cool if the devs would include some engine updates in one of theyr expansions (i think there will be more than one expansion) like they did with arma 2 and operation arrowhead. it would be cool if they deliver the enfusion engine in one of theyr expansions.

For sure. The new big expansion would be ideal. But even the marksman Dlc could hopefully bring fresh engine features in animation, weapon handling, long distance texture handling, pip scopes, etc. Hell things like getting better reaction to being shot like collapsing and then getting up or hollering for help would be freaking cool.

Edited by twisted

For sure. The new big expansion would be ideal. But even the marksman Dlc could hopefully bring fresh engine features in animation, weapon handling, long distance texture handling, pip scopes, etc. Hell things like getting better reaction to being shot like collapsing and then getting up or hollering for help would be freaking cool.

Lol, reading this makes me think anything less wouldn't be worth the Dosh... Expect PIP scopes, we all know where that's going to go. Unless someone becomes a wizard I honesty can't see PiP becoming a thing, it causes too much problems on the a wide range of systems. Some peoples computers can handle PIP, some can't, and some.... Itching flickers for no reason.

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

For my part of this speculation however, I'm going to speculate then having more of a special forces presence, considering how the CP ended. So hopefully better weapons and vehicles for sure. There aren't enough vehicles and weapons yet.

Lol, reading this makes me think anything less wouldn't be worth the Dosh... Expect PIP scopes, we all know where that's going to go. Unless someone becomes a wizard I honesty can't see PiP becoming a thing, it causes too much problems on the a wide range of systems. Some peoples computers can handle PIP, some can't, and some.... Itching flickers for no reason.

Guess what, we have a wizard in the house! True PiP with barely existent performance loss á la KK:

:cool:

Expect PIP scopes, we all know where that's going to go. Unless someone becomes a wizard I honesty can't see PiP becoming a thing, it causes too much problems on the a wide range of systems. Some peoples computers can handle PIP, some can't, and some.... Itching flickers for no reason.

I'm gonna tell you there's a wizard around us.

Bad Benson the master:

Bad Benson the master:

where to download this mod? Please tell me! :bounce3: Hey BI, we want this included in the Marksman DLC!!!!!

Guess what, we have a wizard in the house! True PiP with barely existent performance loss á la KK:

:cool:

Was the technique about that ever posted? Such a change - especially to the vanilla game - should almost be considered a priority to add in the games next major patch. It greatly improves the current PiP setup, which in my experience is at least half the framerate of what I normally get.

Bad Benson the master:

Well, both of those videos are not really wizardry. The thing is, this one is simply lacing the PIP outside of the scope, leaving the inside of the scope as the regular scope that you look through. It's 2D though, else wise, the 3D version would look terrible without some kind of transition between the two. A very nice hack indeed, but, still not wizardry. Neither is the infinite CPU one. The detail in the screen isn't much, and that is in fact vanilla. That kind of PIP is already in game. Though... Idk. How can infinite CPU screens be put to use anyhow? I still don't see PIP making it into Vanilla Arma, maybe one day when the Engine can handle that on the scale that isn't a 500 meter Urban Arcade map. (If PIP did make it in, i wouldn't know what to say then, obviously, i would assume Wizards happened.)

I guess you guys havenet seen whats coming up in the next big update for agm

Oh nice I haven't seen that. Just like it should be done in Arma, outer is PiP and inner is normal to save performance and because current PiP wouldn't be enough good for scopes(?).

Fingers crossed for unique RCWS turrets...

Or at least it means they might finally work on replacements for that bloody shared turret at last since the Fennek's periscope is technically a turret. One can at least hope for it right...? RIGHT??

Edited by drebin052

I'll doubt it. But if they would exchange the turrets, then I hope CSAT will stay as is right now. :>

Do we have any clue about the next expension? Like factions, places, kind of map?

As for now, I've found nothing at all...

Do we have any clue about the next expension? Like factions, places, kind of map?

As for now, I've found nothing at all...

Nah, BI's (almost certainly deliberately) kept quiet about almost anything Expansion-related except that a supposedly-different-from-Chernarus-and-Takistan terrain is being worked on, that at least one asset was pushed from Marksmen to Expansion, etc.

I think a lot of people underestimate just how much the "axed features" thread of 2013 changed the official promoting (and possibly post-launch development) of A3, to the point where Marksmen-related features aren't even mentioned unless they were already greenlighted (which according to DnA was only finalized right before the devs went on winter break)...

When I hear about the Marksman DLC, I'm honestly dreaming about the possibility to carry 2 rifles. The second one instead of a laucher. It would be pretty epic !! Do you think it's possible BI would implement such a thing ?

When I hear about the Marksman DLC, I'm honestly dreaming about the possibility to carry 2 rifles. The second one instead of a laucher. It would be pretty epic !! Do you think it's possible BI would implement such a thing ?

Maybe, but I think BI would tend to avoid making things a little confusing that way. "So the primary weapon slot can hold rifles, and the secondary can hold rifles and launchers? Why can't both slots hold both?" BI prefers to simplify existing systems instead of complicating them.

I'm just glad for the ability to put guns in a backpack.

But it's true nontheless. Why is it not possible for these two slots to work exactly the same? I can understand that in ArmA2 and prior, but with the weight and fatigue system in ArmA3 this stuff should "balance out" itself. E.g. if you wish to carry two launchers at the same time then you can, but it is quite heavy and will slow you down a lot...

I

I occasionally put a second rifle in a backpack in arma3. No problems yet, and pretty easy to access. No add-ons needed. Is it the speed of switching you want as the functionality is there? Currently takes me a couple seconds to switch rifles in backpack which is quite fast.

Edited by twisted
Freaking autocorrect

dos-equis-most-interesting-guy-in-the-world-300x300.jpeg

"I don't always carry a handful of weapons. But when i do, i carry a main rifle with under-slung grenade launcher in hand, a DMR, SMG, and a silenced side arm in my backpack in case i need any of those things. It takes a master to balance fatigue. Carry responsibly my friends."