Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

Dan;2782568']Hopefully we'll get something like this for Blufor and Greenfor too as I miss the old warfare items.

I'm pretty confident all the factions get the new supply stuff.

Which makes me wonder if the Mi-290 will be able to lift a pod and sling load another one under it or is it just one at a time.

Would create interesting differences between the factions if the Mi-290 would require an open landing spot to deliver the pod, while NATO and AAF could lower the goods pretty much where ever with the slings.

Like others Im a bit confused about the price. Compared to say BAF from Arma 2 that added several more vehicles, weapons and skins as well as a campaign but only costed "GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99" at release. While this costs more but only add 2 helicopters and a few game modes. It just doesnt make sense. I guess it got something to do with the gameplay as well, the Rotorlib,slingload and shooting from vehicles are big changes but they are also released for free.

I guess it got something to do with the gameplay as well, the Rotorlib,slingload and shooting from vehicles are big changes but they are also released for free.

The penny must come from somewhere, and Bohemia willingly put their profits at risk by releasing the core mechanics for free for everyone, so that the community won't split up with the DLC owners and non-owners.

i bought today all dlc, i waited to see the new helicopters, i hope that BIS throws a new AR rifle for CSAT side this bullpup heaven i don't like so much

Speaking of CSAT - it was mentioned briefly elsewhere but I'd say from this shot we have a hint about which CSAT member state will be featured in upcoming expansion content. Pretty much what most people thought likely.

You guys forget, we're also paying for more steam achievements, as they mention multiple times. :yay: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :yay:

Speaking of CSAT - it was mentioned briefly elsewhere but I'd say from this shot we have a hint about which CSAT member state will be featured in upcoming expansion content. Pretty much what most people thought likely.
I don't understand, what's new ? Everything beside the helo is from the campaign release, almost 6 months ago. Grey CSAT uniform has been ingame for a long time.

Leaving the DLC aside for a moment and thinking about the much more interesting (IMO) expansion....

This is going back quite a bit (!) but does anyone else remember Independence Lost? It basically got turned into VBS-1, but the scenario came to nothing - I wonder if they might be resurrecting and updating that? If so, we're off to East Timor thanks to the UN Security Council!

The Avon Lady's great site has a nice page archived on it (see the bottom):

http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/IL/independencelost.htm

Leaving the DLC aside for a moment and thinking about the much more interesting (IMO) expansion....

This is going back quite a bit (!) but does anyone else remember Independence Lost? It basically got turned into VBS-1, but the scenario came to nothing - I wonder if they might be resurrecting and updating that? If so, we're off to East Timor thanks to the UN Security Council!

The Avon Lady's great site has a nice page archived on it (see the bottom):

http://www.theofpfaq.ashnav.co.il/IL/independencelost.htm

lol that web site is still around

was hoping for more stuff to but it is what it is

I'd really like some clearification as to how many seats are available in the Huron.

And whether or not you can disembark from inside the hull rather than just spawning outside of it.

I don't understand, what's new ? Everything beside the helo is from the campaign release, almost 6 months ago. Grey CSAT uniform has been ingame for a long time.

Their loadout seems different, Urban CSAT class comes with the standard LBV harness, they seem to have a tac vest (left) and black plate carrier (right). Plus they're both Asian. I think this is what he is pointing out.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I just realized there are fuel containers (new ones) present in the background.... Wow I feel dumb I didnt see that one earlier.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I just realized there are fuel containers (new ones) present in the background.... Wow I feel dumb I didnt see that one earlier.

Of course. There will also be new ammo, repair, cargo (passenger), and medical containers for the "Taru" to use. They are interchangable pods. It's what I've always wanted. :D

After reading the announcement, the lack of a single player campaign/story driven mission set has me a little disappointed. I was really hoping to see the return and rise of Larkin Aviation on Altis, I found the civilian flying missions relaxing and fun. Time trials and VR "training" are fine, but they play more like minigames than full missions. Hopefully it will be possible to port TOH content including semi-functional campaigns/missions into Arma 3 to at least replay those with the updated RotorLib.

To incentivize purchasing of the DLC, there needs to be more paid specific content than 4 time trials and some achievements.

The name Taru is Asian. So are the guys getting out of the helicopter in the photo. So, my guess is that CSAT probably gets logistical support from them. So the next expansion could include an Asian based location pertaining to the end of the campaign. Or maybe adding a new twist. Just my speculation.

...They're asian.

I'd really like some clearification as to how many seats are available in the Huron.

And whether or not you can disembark from inside the hull rather than just spawning outside of it.

If you look at the picture below, sunlight seems to only be touching down on what looks like 3 or 4 seats.

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_02.jpg

the sdv with taru will be attached to fuselage like troop pod?

There are three windows toward the rear, the light is probably coming through them and not catching the seats in between.
Yeah my thoughts as well.

So that would make 10 seats for the armed one, and 12 for the unarmed one.

Edited by Chompster

Going by this shot, there could be as many as 7 or 8 seats on each side of the unarmed variant. I'd be very surprised if there were fewer than 12 seats. The Mohawk carries 16.

Going by this shot, there could be as many as 7 or 8 seats on each side of the unarmed variant. I'd be very surprised if there were fewer than 12 seats. The Mohawk carries 16.

That's still a disappointment. Seeing as the actual Chinooks have 12 seats on either side. And that's WITH the gunners inside. I can't help but think that there will be no loadmaster door or rear crew position that lets you stand just before the ramp. The Boeing/SOAR MH-47E by konyo set the bar I feel. The Huron looks pretty awesome. It's just sort of a sigh moment that we may very well be settling for less in vanilla.