Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

So people do actually play and like the Campaigns ?

I always ignored them and just saw Arma as a mp platform.

Arma 3's campaign is the only one I've played, but yes, I most definitely enjoyed it. On the other hand I'm an SP kind of guy, terrible computer and no mic means I've never bothered with MP.

Arma 3's campaign is the only one I've played, but yes, I most definitely enjoyed it. On the other hand I'm an SP kind of guy, terrible computer and no mic means I've never bothered with MP.

Well, if you have ArmA 2, you should download Cold War Rearmed (here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14568) and ArmA Rearmed (here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171469-ArmA-Rearmed-2-Modifikation-v1-1)

They both allow you to play the campaigns from OFP / ArmA Cold War Assault and ArmA : Armed Assault

the antoineflemming's work, maybe, will give more ideas to the Devs ;) i always hope in china expansion with railgun and laser blinding

2014-08-23_00001.jpg

So people do actually play and like the Campaigns ?

I always ignored them and just saw Arma as a mp platform.

Of the 1070 hours I've put into the series, maybe, at best, 60 were online. I'm an offline guy, and I have played (and enjoyed) every Bohemia campaign. I even bought and dug the ACR DLC, which many called incredibly lazy.

Lol how is this related to speculation lol :)

So is everyone agreeing the next island will be china/Asia from the dev hints or what?

I think the ArmA III campaign all but hints it involves an Asian region, but that is the expansion. Sometimes Bohemia creates new regions for DLC, but I don't know if the DLC planned for ArmA III will include new areas and campaigns like we saw for all of ArmA II. ARC, BAF, and PMC were all DLC that added new playable areas and campaigns. We don't even know if these two DLCs will include campaigns, let alone new areas; all we know is really implied in the name of the content, and some core features this content offers to expand on the base game. We have no idea how they plan on implementing the additions to players in regards to playable content.

Ill throw an oddball DLC expansion prediction.

WW2 expansion featuring the North African Campaign.

Featuring beautiful combined arms with p51 mustangs strafing german troops and 88s laying siege to tanks. While off the land Battleships lay down artillery fire.

That's a ******* KSG.

The F35 was confirmed not to be planned for release and was a mere placeholder to show fixed wing related stuff during development.

The railgun was also scrapped due to change in plans regarding the way Arma would be developed, it also received humongous amount of nay say.

That's a ******* KSG.

The F35 was confirmed not to be planned for release and was a mere placeholder to show fixed wing related stuff during development.

The railgun was also scrapped due to change in plans regarding the way Arma would be developed, it also received humongous amount of nay say.

the t100 with railgun is always better than "conventional" t100 now is an anonymous vehicle

Lol how is this related to speculation lol

So is everyone agreeing the next island will be china/Asia from the dev hints or what?

there are a oriental characters in game, probably the expansion will be built in that area

Hmmm. So apparently BI was recording a EC-135 now? Interesting, interesting...

Very. If it does show up I'll be so happy :D Makes the air assets side of my mod a little easier.

Interesting, but not a guarantee of the EC135 airframe or the EC635; see here for why, and I'm pretty sure that at one point BI recorded a Gripen... although the EC135 or an unarmed EC635 could join the MH-9, the PO-30, and even the CH-49 as airframes that once reskinned wouldn't look out of place for a civil aviation scenario. Thing is though, at least one of the DLC helicopters has retractable landing gear, so if the EC135 is in then it must be the other helo, but if both do then that'd eliminate the EC135... unless BI modeled a fictional derivative/variant with retractable landing gear, or went with the EC155. (I'm discounting the latter possibility because it looks way, way more like the PO-30.)

(Trivia: Turns out that there was in fact supposed to be an actual civil variant of the Ka-60 called the Ka-62, but according to Flightglobal it apparently had yet to actually take flight as of a month ago, the general director of Russian Helicopters was said to be expecting certification and first delivery in 2016.)

Edited by Chortles

(Trivia: Turns out that there was in fact supposed to be an actual civil variant of the Ka-60 called the Ka-62, but according to Flightglobal it apparently had yet to actually take flight as of a month ago, the general director of Russian Helicopters was said to be expecting certification and first delivery in 2016.)

Well, the KA-62 is an actual in development helicopter right now, bigger, more sturdy, than the 60, as you'd imagine. It is indeed civilian first, but you never know with Russia. I don't believe it was ever planned for the civilian faction in game however, seeing as how Altian people are backed and enforced by European influence. Mora, Kuma, Gorgeon, Moehawk, Strider, Hellcat are all European vehicles. So adding some European vehicles to the Civilians would only make perfect sense. EC-155/135 are both perfect for that job really. Could be used for law enforcement an the 155 for rescue and VIP roles.

Well i expect the EC135/EC635 or this in the expansion because they said , they got 2 heavy transport helicopters that have gears for Heli DLC

Edited by RobertHammer

Well, the KA-62 is an actual in development helicopter right now, bigger, more sturdy, than the 60, as you'd imagine. It is indeed civilian first, but you never know with Russia. I don't believe it was ever planned for the civilian faction in game however, seeing as how Altian people are backed and enforced by European influence. Mora, Kuma, Gorgeon, Moehawk, Strider, Hellcat are all European vehicles. So adding some European vehicles to the Civilians would only make perfect sense. EC-155/135 are both perfect for that job really. Could be used for law enforcement an the 155 for rescue and VIP roles.
I was just mentioning it in the context of civil aviation -- specifically, the Little Birds have civilian counterparts (namely the MD 500 series) and even the Merlin/Mohawk has at least one airframe in non-military use with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police, plus a "VVIP" luxury version thereof was developed too, so I was remarking that the Ka-62 meant that all three had "civil" versions IRL.

As I said over in the development blogs thread, the EC-155 would be most appropriate as a retracting-gear helicopter unlike the EC-135, although I personally feels that on an aesthetic level (this is after all a video game) the EC-135 benefits from a visual distinctiveness compared to the Orca unlike the EC-155's more Orca-like profile.

As I said over in the development blogs thread, the EC-155 would be most appropriate as a retracting-gear helicopter unlike the EC-135, although I personally feels that on an aesthetic level (this is after all a video game) the EC-135 benefits from a visual distinctiveness compared to the Orca unlike the EC-155's more Orca-like profile.

I would choose the EC-155 over 135, just because although it may resemble the Orca (Ka-60), the Dauphin has it's own very distinct features...

EC155.jpg

And it just looks better than the Orca in all ways. 5 blades on it's rotors, the main rotor is angled, retractable landing gear, more visibility with windows, more aerodynamic features, it's beautiful. High quality, and the options available for versions in game is perfect, as explained in my thread. If I was a Dev, I would add it in as a civilian chopper first, make the Rescue version with a nice orangish red stripe design, and then consider a light attack version. But for sure, it would make more of an impression than the 135. Or maybe they should add both, to give the civilians some reinforcements if you know what I mean.

Maybe I'm just biased since I'm Irish and we utilize the 135 :p But although I expect some sort of heavier copters due to the sling loading addition. I'd love to see a 135 for civs and FIA, maybe even a armed 635 for FIA or the AAF.

There is a sneak preview on the new Helicopter, it looks like a futuristic Chinook. You can check it out on the ArmA 3 Twitter page

Where do you find this ?

On the dev's livestream.