Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

Hello everyone, let me know what do you think about the Marksmen DLC, what kind of weapons and features you expect, just leave it in this thread

Edited by Stekelenburg

I was kind of surprised that there would be a helicopter DLC. I think we have enough choppers already, I was really hoping for some jets. We have only 3 jets and 8 choppers.

The CH has 2 extra skins as hiddenselections and an extra interior.

I really, really like'em both, but the helicopter DLC is what I am looking forward to the most. Actually, helis and sniping are the two features I really enjoy the most in the game, so the news came as very welcome indeed. It seems Bohemia does indeed lissen to the community again, most of the last roadmap consisted of community requested features, and it suits the progress and the game nicely. I also think the boot camp idea was great.

The launcher I'm not that excited about though. I love PwS, and will most likely continue to use it.

I hope to see weapon resting and bipods.

I'd go with heli DLC, since we still don't really know much about Marksmen besides we're getting new guns that shoot far and hit hard, and shooting mechanics are getting redone.

Poor Bohemia Interactive!

No matter how awesome the news, the fans will allways expect the impossible, forcing them to never be able to meet their fans expectations :P

If weapon resting, bipods and wind comes in then it would be hard to decide which one I like the most. I'm not much into the content of the DLCs but I'm waiting for the features that they bring :cool:

I'm sure I'll buy both.

I was kind of surprised that there would be a helicopter DLC. I think we have enough choppers already, I was really hoping for some jets. We have only 3 jets and 8 choppers.

I would love more jets, but...

1) Arma is primarily an infantry simulator. So things that support the infantry fits better. It looks like their focus will be on heavy transport helicopters. This is something that OPFOR, and BLUFOR need for larger scale deployment of infantry, and hauling larger vehicles around.

2) The maps are too small for jets. You go supersonic you blow through Stratis in just a blink of an eye. This makes BVR engagements harder to simulate. So slower CAS aircraft really fit the current map sizes better. If they make larger scale maps, then more jets please.

I'm just really happy they are providing a better flight model. But NATO could use a better attack helicopter, and we could use some drone scout/light attack choppers in the game.

Edit: fixed some spelling.

I'd go with heli DLC, since we still don't really know much about Marksmen besides we're getting new guns that shoot far and hit hard, and shooting mechanics are getting redone.

We don't really know much about the heli DLC either.

Well I hope that the features will be the wind affecting ballistics ( specially long range ), and other things related to ballistics. Making the role of the observer important for long range fights ( > 400-500mts ). And obviously the weapon resting.

I'd like to see some sort of ballistics computer/chart as well. They could have it take up the GPS/UAV slot or something.

And with new guns there's probably going to be something in between the DMRs that we have and the anti-material rifles. Most likely 7.62mm snipers. I hope we get new ammo types as well.

Hopefully they will admit the whole near future thing was a mistake and return to current day combat

It'd be nice to see an option on the NATO stealth (supposedly) helicopters to retract weapons and actually go stealth. On the Ghosthawk, it would be to pull the miniguns in and close the hatches, while with the Blackfoot, the weapon bays would be closed. While the main gun would not be able to be retracted, it should still greatly reduce the radar cross-section.

Two ways of going about 'stealth' would be to have a (somewhat) realistic radar, which would have revolutions and would show larger objects as larger blips, and smaller objects as smaller blips. However, this would be very difficult to implement, just for a DLC, so maybe have it that the Comanche can only be detected by radar once it is close enough, say a kilometre or two. The Ghosthawk would of course be invisible on radar with the weapons retracted, which would make it very cool, and would encourage people to use it in different ways.

Plus, OPFOR needs a stealth-ish helicopter if this is to be implemented.

^ I fail to see how the semi-futuristic settings are a mistake considering that A3 has definitely been a fresh change from the generic U.S. Army vs. generic ragtag guerrilla force plot. It brings back the old OFP superpower vs. superpower setting that Arma's been lacking for a while.

And what you suggest would mean they'd need to scrap everything they've done so far and what they already have in the works, meaning a two years if not longer wait before the expansion kicks in.

Can one hope that a new hand grenade throwing mechanism will be introduced to replace the current ISMGLWHA system? (immediate-shoulder-mounted-grenade-launcher-with-hand-animation).

I know that it has little to do with marksmanship, but really, this place holder feature has been living for too long for a sandbox game which is concentrated around infantry.

Edited by Variable

Marksman will hopefully have,

New character models

New weapons

New scope optics

New radio voices

More detailed weapon handling

I for one would love to see a 20mm rifle.

20mmwith50a-1.jpg

Even if its usage is limited and there's already the AP ammo for the lynx having a 20mm rifle would still have its uses and add some variety to mission design/sandbox content.

Other than that I guess they'll add 4-5 0.50cal/7.62mm sniper/marksman/anti-material rifles and probably some optics on top of it.

Maybe wind will affect bullets too.

And i´ll be damn if they ignore bipods this time...

Blufor should get future iterations of vehicles coming from the US future vertical lift program designed to replace almost all helicopters in service.

Examples:

Karem Aircraft http://aviationweek.com/blog/inside-karems-optimum-speed-tilt-rotor-jmr http://karemaircraft.com/jhl.html

Bell V-280 http://bellv280.com/ perhaps with some ghosthawk styling.

It'd be nice to see an option on the NATO stealth (supposedly) helicopters to retract weapons and actually go stealth. On the Ghosthawk, it would be to pull the miniguns in and close the hatches, while with the Blackfoot, the weapon bays would be closed. While the main gun would not be able to be retracted, it should still greatly reduce the radar cross-section.

Two ways of going about 'stealth' would be to have a (somewhat) realistic radar, which would have revolutions and would show larger objects as larger blips, and smaller objects as smaller blips. However, this would be very difficult to implement, just for a DLC, so maybe have it that the Comanche can only be detected by radar once it is close enough, say a kilometre or two. The Ghosthawk would of course be invisible on radar with the weapons retracted, which would make it very cool, and would encourage people to use it in different ways.

Plus, OPFOR needs a stealth-ish helicopter if this is to be implemented.

I'm currently making something similar what you say, it's not a helicopter, but a fixed-wing gunship UAV with retractable cannons and an internal weapons bay.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175837-MQ-185-Fictional-drone

What if Bohemia Interactive ports over the Seattle map from TKOH to ArmA 3 and the plot is like America lost the battle in the Pacific and CSAT is attacking the west coast of Canada and America

What if Bohemia Interactive ports over the Seattle map from TKOH to ArmA 3 and the plot is like America lost the battle in the Pacific and CSAT is attacking the west coast of Canada and America

The Seattle maps level of detail isn't suitable for a ground based game. With it's size, populating it with objects to the level of Altis/Stratis/Chernarus would take ages, and even if they did, it would make the Altis performance problems seem insignificant.

I expect some nice features from the Marksman DLC.

Weapon resting should be mandatory considering that most sniper rifles have Bipods and I expect it to work as well as it does in community made mods (resting of bipods and rifles without bipods on horizontal structures; supporting your rifle on vertical structures like house corners and trees.)

It would be nice if there was an animation for deploying your bipod, but I think that weapons with visibly deployed bipods (like we had in the Alpha) are also fine and you wouldn´t have to go through an animation every time you move a little.

I also hope that this DLC adds wind affecting bullets.

Oh and please introduce a high magnification spotting scope for the Observer.

I hope we get a real dedicated sniper rifle cartridge, like the .338 Lapua, and some modern rifles to use it. The .338 Lapua would be a good choice for a calibre in between the 7.62 mm and .50 cal (anti-material).