Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

i think is better when the aaf go more in the european side.

than have the us fans here us the east fans on opfor here east stuff and the europeans have more european stuff with the aaf

the second or the first market for this game is europe than give him more own stuff ;) at least the things that are used by many European army's

Edited by JgBtl292

If it's a DLC, i don't see how such an awaited feature as weapon resting could be reserved only to those who gets the DLC.

Look at this, it answers your question mate:

Before taking a look at the specifics, it's worth noting that new engine features created to support our DLCs are not 'locked' to those products. Rather, these improvements contribute to Arma 3 as a whole; they're available automatically to everyone who owns the game. In short, features are free, content is paid, and our objective is to prevent any split in the MP player-base. Again, for the purposes of clarity and brevity, further details on our DLC strategy will be offered in the next few weeks.

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/460-arma-3-roadmap-201415

I think they are going to use some ArmA 2 and TKOH models, just like they did in normal ArmA 3. So expect some updated helicopters from ArmA 2 and TKOH

I know it was an April Fools joke, but that won't stop me from dreaming.

Also, I don't think that rules out China. He just said it was an easter egg.

I really hope for some civilian helicopters. Sure a few of the TOH civilian ones, but i don't want one heli with 1 million skins, maybe 5 new civilian ones would be amazing for immersion. Also a few Heavy's for Civilians only a well. As someone also posted before, helicopters utilizing the Amphibious feature of the Arma 3 Engine, using Water pontoons being able to land on water.

Also, I don't think that rules out China. He just said it was an easter egg.

He didn't say China was ruled out, just that that easteregg wasn't any kind of hint.

I'm totally pumped for the upcoming engine enhancements, and new terrain. If we get a 3D editor and the DLCs bring bipods/weapon resting (unknown) and shooting from vehicles, that's like the holy trinity of long-requested Arma features. Maybe then some of the long timers who abandoned the series will come back...

Well, in a place like Korea or northern Japan you can still get snow, although I'm not sure if it'll be on that scale. As such, I'm hoping for a scaled down Jeju or a close and connected chain of islands.

Eh, I wouldn't mind a civilian surplus CH-49 Mohawk. That wouldn't be too bad. Also, a Robinson R-22 or similar helicopter for a light, and the super-huey for a medium would be fine for me, tbh.

what i would like to see about terrain:

something which has something from all. i mean a island which contain snow parts, cities, jungle, wood, desert, villages.

take a look at the just cause 2 map:

maplib_just_cause_2.png

i would love to see something like this for arma 3, a island which contains more different climate zones.

I would like to see more in-depth airplane combat. Things like chaff and GPS/INS systems would make it a much better experience, and cooler. An aircraft loadout system would allow us to utilise any new weapons or features to their fullest extent, and allow us to change aircraft ammunition (API for the A-164).

I think the Sikorsky S-97 Raider would be perfect for a future-tense sort of mission series.

I think BIS is worried about licensing issues though. Notice how they artfully avoided using almost any definitive real world stuff, or designations?

I think the Sikorsky S-97 Raider would be perfect for a future-tense sort of mission series.

I think BIS is worried about licensing issues though. Notice how they artfully avoided using almost any definitive real world stuff, or designations?

We can only hope they don't just take real world and ugly it up so bad like they did the a10. And maybe not have lackluster sounds either again like a10 cannon.

Not even setting the bar high , realistically Just hope it Is not another disappointment.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

That Some nice ideas in this tread. Shooting from helos ha we can dream can't we.

Stealth Hind would be sweet, a transport and gunship in one package.

Upgraded to compete with the US Stealthhawk.

This is a nice idea. Boats would be used more submarines too. At the moment both these assets are pretty much useless on Altis. No real attack significance which is a shame as it Is fun using them.

Maybe sorting out HMS Proteus and making it drivable or at least more useable, same goes for the trawler, and whilst adding it, add a few more vessels too.

Nato:

NH-90

Eurocopter EC725

Chinook

Redfor:

Mil Mi-26 (would be brutal:D)

Mi-17 from the future?(I know thats the Mi-38 but 38 is ugly imho:D)

Kamov Ka31

Can't wait! maybe they design completely unknown and new choppers :D

Not quite ontopic, but if we could do this with all the helis aswell (and UAVs) that would be awesome. I know it's possible to lift off slowmoving ships with helis (like Gnat's FSF) but having some trailers or flatbed trucks ( like the zamak etc) that you can put these on would be awesome.

Not quite ontopic, but if we could do this with all the helis aswell (and UAVs) that would be awesome. I know it's possible to lift off slowmoving ships with helis (like Gnat's FSF) but having some trailers or flatbed trucks ( like the zamak etc) that you can put these on would be awesome.

But has this ever been done by any armed forces? Or has any feature that would improve the battlefield?

Stealth Hind would be sweet, a transport and gunship in one package.

Wasn't what the CSAT gunship is supposed to be? It's basically a Hind with stealth features and double rotor.

I figure everything has a use on Altis, it's just how mission makers use it. Not many missions have taken advantage of some of the newer features of Arma 3, like AP mines, diving, etc. But that doesn't mean they have no significance. Play a Zeus mission and you'll find various ways to use it for "real attack significance". If say, a CSAT group is backed against the sea, divers could come by SDV to finished them off from behind.

I could see it being used to hide helicopters or have a mobile airfield quite easily. also, to launch UAVs without a suitable runway

I could see it being used to hide helicopters or have a mobile airfield quite easily. also, to launch UAVs without a suitable runway

But helicopters can be hidden by themselves, or pushed by personnel as they do in ships. To launch UAV or planes without runaway they use catapults, they take less space and are more effective ( same system that aircraft carriers ).

Besides that this system would make it really dangerous for helicopter pilots.

luna_7.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Scrab_II_Launcher.JPG (1238 kB)