Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

Much as I enjoy the UH-80, a better NATO attack helo would be nice.

We just need better Attack variant of BlackFoot with Stub wings

also i wonder - that it is possible to make the BlackFoot aka Comanche to have more realistic flying capability with the TKOH FM?

i mean the Side way flying like Kamov style? if yes then the Mi48 could benefit from it too

blackfood was only a recon copter as a substitute for kiowa and now makes uav the jop ^^

ever a attak copter for blueforce would be nice ^° and fpr greenfor to

blackfood was only a recon copter as a substitute for kiowa and now makes uav the jop ^^

ever a attak copter for blueforce would be nice ^° and fpr greenfor to

In A3 universe the BlackFoot replaced Apache - so thats why it is main attack helicopter for Nato

Recon role isnt valid in A3 since you got UAVs there

also the AAF got Lynx helicopter , you want another?

I wouldn't mind that.

The PO-30, CH-49, A-143, MH9/AH9, Quadbike, WY-55 and maybe some more, these are all ArmA 2 models, so why couldn't be a TKOH model in ArmA 3?

The PO-30, CH-49, A-143, MH9/AH9, Quadbike, WY-55 and maybe some more, these are all ArmA 2 models, so why couldn't be a TKOH model in ArmA 3?

the CH-49 and AH9/MH9 are from TKOH btw :D

the CH-49 and AH9/MH9 are from TKOH btw :D

Oh, I didn't know that, but they are also in ArmA 2

So, what you are trying to say with your smart comment is that the engine may be upgraded along with DLC releases, while some features (or most probably contents) may be reserved to the DLC ?

I'm guessing that you'll get all the features like they said, but the models will be low res and you wont get the missions that go with it if you don't buy the dlc, just like in A2.

Blufor needs some heavy beast, future osprey or stallion or something like that, AAF needs a gunship, hellcat is just a medium utility helicopter. OPFOR is pretty well covered, maybe they could get some drone scout helicopter or smt.

You are right - Nato really needs Osprey , for AAF the Super Hind would fit there and for CSAT - light helicopter like Ansat and transport Mi-38

Well, the Super Hind looks awesome and I actually want it just about right now. I can see that thing with AAF paintover already in front of me.

would great if Bis will add a chopper with sponsoon, for insert the divers

062111Helicopter01.jpg

Edited by Zukov

The roadmap specifies "new transport helicopters" and that they're "looking specifically at the logistical role of helicopters on the battlefield (via Sling Loading)".

To me it seems likely that the new choppers will be heavy lift types because they offer the best platforms to demonstrate this sort of lifting and general logistics role. I reckon some kind of future Chinook and/or Mi-26 analogue will probably be the result (or some slightly smaller heavy lift platforms similar to MV-22 or CH-53K, if they don't want to go really big).

^^ Don't forget the firing from vehicle capabilitie; Future Osprey or Chinook for me!

I would like to see more variation of loadouts in current helicopters as well. Perhaps make it fully configurable by mission designers. Pawnee with hellfires, etc.

Here is my input on possible new aircraft, also sticking to the story line of the game, taking into account the Factions at play.

Blufor

NATO - NH-90 Nato Variant

FIA - Medium Civilian HELO's

Opfor

CSAT - KA-62

- Z-9 or Z-19

Independent

AAF - Euro-copter Tiger

That's about it. Not going to go overboard and add a million HELO's. Perhaps a bunch of civilian vehicles including prop airplanes, and helicopters with Police versions with strobe lights much like on the speedboat, and aim-able Searchlight just like the Hellcat.

Also, i excited as get out for the shooting from vehicles. Why? just another step to ensure me arriving at a location safely, or quick insertion with a little more fire power to deter the enemy a little. Not sure if this option will be added to say, the back of an Offroad or truck, or strictly for HELO's. As for the sling option, I'm desperately hoping it wont be a Wasteland style "Pole Rope". I am interested in seeing that rope and vehicle affected by the movement, wind, things like that. Also, when you deploy the rope, pick up an object, deliver it. I want to know if the rope will cut and fall to the ground with physics, and disappear after, and than the HELO has a certain amount of rope, or they have to re arm via truck or vehicle ammo. I'm curious as to how it will be done. Personally, the way i just stated sounds like a sound and organized way to use ropes.

Why isn't Go Kart DLC on the roadmap? Is that due to be released so soon it's not even on there? :P

Seriously though, I wish they'd give a clue as to what terrain they're working on. All we can figure out is China is likely involved.

All we can figure out is China is likely involved.
Unfortunately I have to disappoint you. This is an easter egg by our Web Graphic Designer, who happens to be Chinese ;)

Unrelated: what's the point of the 5 character minimum?

Based on AAF using Zamak, they might have had civilian Ka-226T "Sergei"s for search and rescue, as well as police work. FIA probably could've taken those. Mi-38 is probably best bet for a CSAT cargo helicopter, since it both is realistic and is probably not recognized by enough people to the point it could be showed as futuristic. As for NATO, it would have to be a helicopter that looks different from the CH-53 or similar helicopters, since AAF have one. Maybe a future osprey, a modified Skycrane with the hook replaced by a cargo compartment, or maybe even a K-Max?

Ok so this is basically pulled from my wishlist….

NATO

Heavy: I would really love to see a Coaxial Rotor CH-53 http://i44.tinypic.com/n5geww.jpg …(The CH-53K is ugly in the front so hopefully it won’t be modeled after that.)

Medium: Ghost Hawk (In game)

Light: Hummingbird (In game)

Light/attack: Pawnee (In game) Hellfire variant would be nice too!

Attack: Blackfoot (In game) - I agree the Blackfoot needs an actual Attack Variant http://i59.tinypic.com/2cxw36r.jpg or they need to bring in the AW-64 or some other highly upgraded version.

CSAT

Heavy: Mi-38 (Although it’s a medium helicopter) Unless we wanted to go bigger then maybe… Sikorsky X2 HS? http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...griz/3View.jpg

Medium: P-60 Orca (In game)

Light: I feel the Mi-48 handles all three of these roles so I’m not sure there is a need for something more.

Light/attack:

Attack:

AAF

Heavy: Eurocopter HTH Program http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/a...ect/HTH2-1.jpg Or Mohawk even though it’s really a medium helicopter.

Medium: NH-90… or Mohawk (In game)

Light: Hellcat (In game)

Light/attack: Hellcat (In game)

Attack: ToH Super Hind or Rooivalk MK2?

I’d also like to point out that for this being the future, I expected to see more helicopters with FLIR since it’s a very valuable and helpful tool no matter what the mission. I would have liked to have seen all the Transport helicopters (and pawnee) fitted with a FLIR hub on the nose just like the Lynx/Hellcat.

There are a lot of other helicopters I would like to see as well if they add more factions.

KA-52 Black Shark (Russian faction?)

KA-58 Ghost (Russian faction?)

UH-1Y Venom (NATO or maybe a civilian version?)

EC 725 Cougar MKII (PMCs?)

Z-10 (China faction)

Z- 9 (China faction)

Tiger Helicopter (Some Euro faction)

Why isn't Go Kart DLC on the roadmap? Is that due to be released so soon it's not even on there? :P

Seriously though, I wish they'd give a clue as to what terrain they're working on. All we can figure out is China is likely involved.

It was an april fools joke