Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

Looking forward to upcoming DLC's especially the new FM for helicopters, while at it BIS don't forgett to add ropes for rappeling ;)

/KC

^^ You'd better make it so smurf.

On another note I would love to see PROPER mechs.

After reading the roadmap, I'm a little disappointed at the amount of DLC, especially considering that I am a supporter. Whilst I welcome the helicopter DLC, the marksman DLC seems weak. However I will wait and see.

You don´t know how much they will cost and how many stuff will be in there so I think it is a little bit early for such comments. And of course you bought the Supporter edition to support BI, not to get free DLC.

..., the marksman DLC seems weak.

Well, it sounds a lot like proper bipods/weapon resting (it clearly says so between the lines, hihi).

Now if that isn't something!

:yay:

Well, it sounds a lot like proper bipods/weapon resting (it clearly says so between the lines, hihi).

Now if that isn't something!

:yay:

If it's a DLC, i don't see how such an awaited feature as weapon resting could be reserved only to those who gets the DLC.

If it's a DLC, i don't see how such an awaited feature as weapon resting could be reserved only to those who gets the DLC.

Dude... did you even read the BIS roadmap?

:icon_wink:

Dude... did you even read the BIS roadmap?

:icon_wink:

Yes, and ?

Arma 3 Marksmen

A focused overhaul of shooting mechanics together with new weapons, the central goal of this development is to make firing a weapon simple to do but challenging to master. Due after the Helicopters DLC, we don't want to be too specific just yet; however, to achieve our goal, a set of interrelated features are planned, which aim to further improve the authenticity of firing weapons and offer new gameplay opportunities.

In terms of content, new weapons that take most advantage of these planned features will be included; chiefly, this will involve ranged and high calibre weapons. We're selecting armaments that offer genuine diversity; not just many of the same type of weapon with minor visual differences, but a true range that offers distinctive gameplay alongside some inherent advantages/disadvantages. Again, our objective is to improve the A3 platform more broadly; new features and mechanics are designed with existing assets in mind, enhancing the sandbox as a whole.

Hello everyone, what kind of helicopters and features do you think that will be added to this DLC?

Personly, I'm pretty sure Blufor and Opfor are getting a Heavy-Lift transport chopper. The Chinook or a Osprey would be great for Blufor, I don't know about Opfor, but I guess a MI-38 or something like that. The Super Hind is a good option for Indepented. Opfor would get a small recon chopper, I think a BO-105 would be great for that role. And not to forget, a UH-1 Heuy for the FIA.

So I think, Blufor:

V-22 Osprey

FIA:

UH-1 Heuy

Opfor:

BO-105

MI-38

Indepented:

MI-35 Super Hind

That would make a total of 4 Blufor, 4 Opfor and 3 Indepented helicopters

Edited by Stekelenburg

Yes, and ?

Seriously?

This is about the helicopters DLC:

To achieve this goal, we've sought to create new mechanics that enhance the combined arms experience and improve the A3 platform more broadly. Although at an early stage of development, we're looking specifically at the logistical role of helicopters on the battlefield (via Sling Loading) and thinking about gameplay for soldiers in transit (via Firing from Vehicles). Both features are engine-based and MP-compatible, with Sling Loading available to all existing and new helicopters. Furthermore, although we're focusing upon helos as a starting point, Firing from Vehicles stands to benefit other sandbox assets; any specifically configured cargo positions offer potential gameplay for units (both players and AI) in transit. Due to release in the second half of 2014, we'll present the full key features at a later date.

So much to your:

Then we go on and read a bit (and between the lines!) about the marksmen DLC:

Due after the Helicopters DLC, we don't want to be too specific just yet; however, ...

Ok? :rolleyes:

Future version of

V22

Chinook

apachy

NH90

A109

Mi26

tiger

and probably those new protype choppers

Ok? :rolleyes:

So, what you are trying to say with your smart comment is that the engine may be upgraded along with DLC releases, while some features (or most probably contents) may be reserved to the DLC ?

What about the features? Do we have intel about them?

What I heard are:

-sling system

-firing from vehicles (maybe)

-TOH flight model

And how about fastrope?

So, what you are trying to say with your smart comment is that the engine may be upgraded along with DLC releases, while some features (or most probably contents) may be reserved to the DLC ?

No. That's what the BIS roadmap says.

Did you read it yet? :D

What I'm trying to say is that the helicpoter DLC clearly brings some awesome "engine upgrades", thus we most likely can expect something in this regard with the Marksmen DLC too. But, BIS doesn't want to be too specific with that yet... The Marksmen DLC is all about "ranged and high calibre weapons". And now, for the love of James Gastovski, put one and one together and recieve weapon resting.

ok? :p

I'm pretty sure Blufor and Opfor are getting a Heavy-Lift transport chopper. The Chinook or a Osprey would be great for Blufor, but I don't know about Opfor, a MI-26 would be to big if you compare it to the other ArmA 3 Heavy-Lift choppers and a MI-8 would be too old. The Super Hind is a good option for Indepented. Opfor would get a small recon chopper, I think a BO-105 would be great for that role. If they also add more attack helicopters to Blufor and Opfor, it would probably the Apache and for Opfor the WZ-10. And not to forget, a UH-1 Heuy for the FIA

So I think, Blufor:

V-22 Osprey

AH-64E Apache (Guardian)

FIA:

UH-1 Heuy

Opfor:

WZ-10

BO-105

MI-38

Indepented:

MI-35 Super Hind

That would make a total of 5 Blufor, 1 FIA, 5 Opfor and 3 Indepented helicopters

Edit: I think the MI-17 would be the Heavy-Lift transport chopper for Opfor

Edited by Stekelenburg

I'd be tickled just getting the few suggested features like fastroping, fire from vehicles, and updated flight mechanics :yay:

, a MI-26 would be to big if you compare it to the other ArmA 3 Heavy-Lift choppers and a MI-8 would be too old.

but, but it is so cool. I mean you could carry just about any thing. But yes it is big.

I do agree those fetures are the things I am looking for.

What about some new Manpads and AA. Stuff to shoot down Helos could be included

I guess we could always see a military version of the Mi-38

RopeX finally coming for that sling loading? :yay:

BiS really made my day with this news. I honestly did not believe we will be getting TOH FM at all. I cannot express how happy I am right now. FM would be usable with any helicopter, so I don't really care what will come with DLC (of course I am buying it no matter what). Have a nice day BiS!

RopeX finally coming for that sling loading? :yay:

Yep, they just hired Endstar from BISim to do the work ;)

I'm going to speculate that there may be a new transport helo or two but it will be less about added aircraft and more about adding mechanics and functionality rather than bringing in new..think about it. If the idea is to bring in FDM and apply it to the base helicopters then you already have at least 7 or so to begin with, why add a bunch more?

Just because flight dynamics are disabled however doesn't mean that the expansion would offer nothing, better landing, possibly taxing, a more robust collective input, possible the radio, sling loading and so on.

Also, not meant to insult the artists but some of the Arma 2 aircraft such as the apache doesn't compare well to some of the Arma 3 aircraft, especially the ghost hawk, a comparison of sharper cockpit textures and more dimension in that there is less 2D and more 3D.

if you go into much depth and want to play on a higher difficulty IE not be led by icons then you need to be able to read your panels to understand what you are looking at, trust me I'm very familiar with the concept.

Edited by NodUnit

Much as I enjoy the UH-80, a better NATO attack helo would be nice.