Sign in to follow this  
drebin052

Next DLC and Expansion Speculation

Which DLC do you like the most?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which DLC do you like the most?

• Helicopter DLC
    • Marksmen DLC

depends... because arrowhead was nothing to do with the first one ;)

They've put too much effort in Miller's hair to just leave it and go with something else.

I'm sorry, but the Philippines would be FAR too big, not a choice.

The Philippines are not only composed of a few big Island, you also have a loads of little one that could perfectly fit in Arma 3, same case goes for Indonesia.

The Philippines are not only composed of a few big Island, you also have a loads of little one that could perfectly fit in Arma 3, same case goes for Indonesia.

Why not push them into their own backyard (Hawaiian Islands)?

There is quite positive possibility of the following expansion arena would happen in the pacific rim. I remember that a real type95 rifle was against the wall in a photo of an interview article about BISstudio before arma3 came out. They might use it to capture anims or do modelling.

I think they somehow have to conclude the story around Kerry and Miller first

Tonci87, how does BI normally do it, I mean if they follow up with a "just new campaign dlc on same settings" after the included campaign or is the next step normally a bigger dlc, set in a new environment?

Imo Arma 3 has so much more to give as it is, so most logic would be to follow up with a new campaig set on Stratis and Altis.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

They've put too much effort in Miller's hair to just leave it and go with something else.

:cool:

Tonci87, how does BI normally do it, I mean if they follow up with a "just new campaign dlc on same settings" after the included campaign or is the next step normally a bigger dlc, set in a new environment?

Imo Arma 3 has so much more to give as it is, so most logic would be to follow up with a new campaig set on Stratis and Altis.

I don't think BI has done a straight-up direct sequel to any campaigns yet, at least not with the same characters.

OFP had Red Hammer (same campaign but from opposite viewpoint) and Resistance (prequel story on new island). ARMA had Queen's Gambit, which was sort of a sequel but with different characters, as I recall.

All of ARMA2's campaigns from OA and the DLCs featured different characters as well.

Actually, one of the biggest issues with recent BI campaigns is that they didn't feature much in the way of memorable characters, let alone character development. I really wish this would change.

Miller is the one exception in A3's campaign, but he's barely around for most of the last two episodes. None of the other characters stand out at all, and Kerry has about as much personality as a loaf of bread.

EDIT: So far the major expansions have always included a new fairly large terrain/island, while the DLCs have mostly featured smaller ones.

Edited by MadDogX

Kerry has about as much personality as a loaf of bread.

They even tried giving him a catchphrase and it still didn't help.

"What the literal fuck!?"

Does Alaska count as being in the North Pacific? That kind of terrain would be pretty different to anything we've seen, and it has the potential for a realistic scenario, what with oil reserves, etc.

Singleplayer doesn't sound this appealing to me.That goes for Arma 2 and OA.I would rather see them releasing new

landmass + factions rather then SP with it.Instead of Singleplayer would be great to see some new gameplay features.

What about great 5: Coming to you: Functional Bipods, Switch weapon while moving, new tehnique of rendering mid distance,

improving/removing action menu and realistic wounding system coming to you at July!

They even tried giving him a catchphrase and it still didn't help.

"What the literal fuck!?"

Yeah, I'd like to see characters who interact with each other more than the " briefing/mission/siryesir" stuff that we already have. Have them talk, joke, complain, fight (playfully or otherwise), and maybe actually be sad once in a while. Maybe I'll actually care when someone steps on a landmine if they're a cool character.

I don't think BI has done a straight-up direct sequel to any campaigns yet, at least not with the same characters.

OFP had Red Hammer (same campaign but from opposite viewpoint) and Resistance (prequel story on new island). ARMA had Queen's Gambit, which was sort of a sequel but with different characters, as I recall.

All of ARMA2's campaigns from OA and the DLCs featured different characters as well.

Actually, one of the biggest issues with recent BI campaigns is that they didn't feature much in the way of memorable characters, let alone character development. I really wish this would change.

Miller is the one exception in A3's campaign, but he's barely around for most of the last two episodes. None of the other characters stand out at all, and Kerry has about as much personality as a loaf of bread.

EDIT: So far the major expansions have always included a new fairly large terrain/island, while the DLCs have mostly featured smaller ones.

Ok thanks for the summary. Just feels like an awefull lot of work from BI side to build the whole engine with all its features plus Stratis and Altis to leave it at that. I hope soon to see a new campaign, but more complex than survive, adapt, win.

Yeah, I'd like to see characters who interact with each other more than the " briefing/mission/siryesir" stuff that we already have. Have them talk, joke, complain, fight (playfully or otherwise), and maybe actually be sad once in a while. Maybe I'll actually care when someone steps on a landmine if they're a cool character.

Yep, like in the beginning of OFP. With Kozlowski, Fowley, Armstrong and all the party... ( imagine if it was good, that I still remember the names, more than 10 years after ).

At least in A3 the SP Campaign is closer to the OFP standards. Let's see what's gonna happen. But to me all the SP part is always way more important than the MP ( for MP I prefer specific MP games like BF ).

Agree 100%.

Singleplayer doesn't sound this appealing to me.That goes for Arma 2 and OA.I would rather see them releasing new

landmass + factions rather then SP with it.Instead of Singleplayer would be great to see some new gameplay features.

What about great 5: Coming to you: Functional Bipods, Switch weapon while moving, new tehnique of rendering mid distance,

improving/removing action menu and realistic wounding system coming to you at July!

And I don't like to play in tanks, let's remove them from the game. What do you say?

Congratulations, you've just received the most selfish post in the BIF prize.

Personally, I prefer SP in Arma. So BI, pls give a new SP campaign asap! :)

I'm sorry, but the Philippines would be FAR too big, not a choice. Altis, in comparison, is miniscule, and did you see how long that took to make? Something like Okinawa is a much better choice.

Malden and Takistan don't exist either, so it can't be too far off to consider a fictional version of the Philippines. That's specifically why I mentioned a downscaled version that looks like it while still being decently sized and larger than Altis at the very least.

Something like PMC for A3 maybe.

You can see plenty of ION contractors in Status Quo after all.

For an OA-sized DLC, I doubt they'll be revisiting Altis any time soon.

Edited by drebin052

I'm hoping that the next DLC will involve the Philippines, moving on ships, the US navy, and a lot of 'special operations' that involve diving, parachuting and jungle warfare. (did someone say SEALs!?)

And I don't like to play in tanks, let's remove them from the game. What do you say?

Congratulations, you've just received the most selfish post in the BIF prize.

I would not remove tanks from game they are part of the game.However Singleplayer component is in.And is

completed.I don't think arma is missing Singleplayer campaigns, what it does however is gameplay features.

It have nothing to do with selfishness.

I'm rather hoping the Pacific scenario will provide the catalyst for Arma IV - DLC, I feel, may be better suited to the Mediterranean. But who knows?

I'm hoping that the next DLC will involve the Philippines, moving on ships, the US navy, and a lot of 'special operations' that involve diving, parachuting and jungle warfare. (did someone say SEALs!?)

I would love to but that's too much to ask :p

They've been progressing with that whole attachToWithMovement command, so maybe its not too much of an ask to go a bit further (can vehicles be attached using this and still drive around?, it'll be good enough for me)

well, OA compared the A2 original had new maps (Takistan, Zargabad etc), a new faction (US Army), new special forces units, thermal view, UAV simulation, and some more stuff.

I don't see how what I'm asking would be 'too much' to ask, if you look at what they did with OA. :)

Yeah, a new feature like moving on ships would be hard to make. but whats wrong with a bit of a challenge?

Edited by ltsThomas

Dan;2662080']They've been progressing with that whole attachToWithMovement command' date=' so maybe its not too much of an ask to go a bit further (can vehicles be attached using this and still drive around?, it'll be good enough for me)[/quote']

Someone was trying to do something about it but it seems that's moving inside a moving plane is not possible at the moment. I really hope Bis will find a solution to do it.

but whats wrong with a bit of a challenge?

Nothing wrong with it, I'm might be a bit too pessimistic, I was expecting too much lately and got a bit disappointed :)

I think the next DLC should be in Bornholm! It's a beautiful island, and it's about the size of Altis! (Maybe a little bigger, but whatever) Check it out http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bornholm

But of course, they need to finish their game before DLC's (A lot of features and awesome content were taken out, and there are still bugs & problems)

well, OA compared the A2 original had new maps (Takistan, Zargabad etc), a new faction (US Army), new special forces units, thermal view, UAV simulation, and some more stuff.

I don't see how what I'm asking would be 'too much' to ask, if you look at what they did with OA. :)

Yeah, a new feature like moving on ships would be hard to make. but whats wrong with a bit of a challenge?

OA is not a DLC for A2, is a standalone game.

Realistically I can't see them opening up a new front just yet, there's still the whole thing about the choice in the final normal mission to deal with and which one of those is actually canonical. Lot of plot holes that need to be filled in before we go anywhere much further than Takistan.