thetrooper

hasweapon simple syntax problem

hi all.

I'm simply trying to have a condition if a player has either 1 or two of the weapons. Not sure what it should be.

player hasweapon "arifle_MX_ACO_F" OR  "srifle_EBR_SOS_F";

I'm stuck. Any ideas?

try

(player hasweapon "arifle_MX_ACO_F" OR player hasweapon "srifle_EBR_SOS_F")

Even more options....

({player hasWeapon _x}count ["arifle_MX_ACO_F", "srifle_EBR_SOS_F"] > 0);

(primaryWeapon player) in ["arifle_MX_ACO_F", "srifle_EBR_SOS_F"]

Ive tried all of the above in a trigger condition with no luck, ive also tried "Weapon_srifle_GM6_F" in weapons player but nothing seems to work, ive tried a few others from other threads but get the feeling it maybe broken, im on 1.56 stable.

Is there anything else i can try in a trigger condition to detect if player has a specific weapon?

Ive tried all of the above in a trigger condition with no luck, ive also tried "Weapon_srifle_GM6_F" in weapons player but nothing seems to work, ive tried a few others from other threads but get the feeling it maybe broken, im on 1.56 stable.

Is there anything else i can try in a trigger condition to detect if player has a specific weapon?

Wrong class. Try:

"srifle_GM6_F" in weapons player

Wrong class. Try:

"srifle_GM6_F" in weapons player

Jeesuz! thanks Greenfist, that was driving me nuts... i got that from the config viewer, even tried other weapons but i guess they arent the actual classnames

Jeesuz! thanks Greenfist, that was driving me nuts... i got that from the config viewer, even tried other weapons but i guess they arent the actual classnames

The "Weapon_srifle_GM6_F" is the object name from CfgVehicles, not the actual weapon from CfgWeapons.

You could have just equipped it and typed "weapons player" in the console's watch field. ;)

The "Weapon_srifle_GM6_F" is the object name from CfgVehicles, not the actual weapon from CfgWeapons.

You could have just equipped it and typed "weapons player" in the console's watch field. ;)

Ahh nice, ive only just started using the console lol, thanks for the pro tip!

If player has, for example, "srifle_GM6_LRPS_F" your check against "srifle_GM6_F" will fail. Better way is to use isKindOf to check whether some of (weapons player) has common ancestor class in its parents list:

scopeName "yourScope";
private _hasGM6 = false;
{
	private _weap = _x select 0;
	if (_weap isKindOf ["srifle_GM6_F", configFile >> "CfgWeapons"]) then {
		_hasGM6 = true;
		breakTo "yourScope";
	};
} forEach (weapons player);

For this scenario i am placing the specific weapon down that the player is expected to pick up to complete task but thats a useful tip thanks.