Sign in to follow this  
BoonieRat

'weapon rpg' command does'nt work!...

I can't get my AI to change to 'Weapon RPG'!. what gives?. also when I try to get them to 'Target' BMP they take it as an 'Attack'~like command and run off after the thing!. why won't they hold position?. am I missing something fundemental?, (game/command~related only please!! wink.gif )

Are either of these OFP~R related?, or does OFP suffer too?...

HELP!! sad.gif ...

Are you talking about mission design or just gameplay?

the AI isnt that stupid lol smile.gif

When you issue an order to "attack an armoured unit" to a guy carring an RPG. He won't simply walk up to it and try and use the M16 smile.gif he'll clost distance (ok so they like to be 20metres away when human controoled you could probably take out the BMP/Boat/Tank etc. from 200m away or something smile.gif) they will use the RPG but only when they are in range - they will run off if you issue the order to attack whn you are quite a distance away smile.gif

P.S This is probablyincorrect, but it is what I have found happens

If I tell them to stop and hold fire, then when I target they don't move and don't fire until I want them to.

Yes. This works. And if you tell them to fire and not open fire/fire at will, they will only engage the unit you have ordered them to target. When this unit is destroyed they will continue to hold fire. This is good for one of the early missions in Resistance where you have to take out a convoy and not destroy the trucks.

Gameplay.

I asked the AI to change to RPG and attack an empty truck. he ran off and opened up his AK74 at it wink.gif ...

Why wont they change weapon?. thats the show stopper. I'm stuck on the tail end of Hostages, and the BMP just wipes us out. they won't fire on it!!. I've asked specific F5 F6 ect. attack BMP 2'Oclock. and they just ignore it. I try and force them to stand up and change to RPG and nothing happens!!...

PS. I have about 7 RPG gunners by this part of the mission, all fully armed with 3 RPG's. I have an empty launcher on my back so am rellying on the AI

Hehe biggrin.gif In that "Hostage rescue" i took out all the 3 bmp's and a T72 by myself, while the guys were providing me with covering fire and killing all the bad d00des at the base. And about this RPG thing, just stop them and make them hold fire, when the target appears, give him that target and wait till he says ready to fire which means that he is within a range of a target. It doesn't mean that he is going to engage an enemy unless u give him "Engage At Will" command. wink.gif

They don't ready to fire though!. cause they are'nt using RPG's . they are holding AK74's but won't change to RPG's!!. even if you give them the 'weapon RPG' command!!.

Someone tell me!!. when you give the 'Weapon RPG'(or weapon AK, or any other) command, do you actualy speak?. you know!, like say~ 'use weapon blah ,blah,...'?. cause I don't give any verbal when I press the key.

U choose the guy who has an RPG and then press 6 "Action" and from there u choose Weapon RPG and this way he should now be with an RPG tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BoonieRat @ Aug. 11 2002,05:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They don't ready to fire though!. cause they are'nt using RPG's . they are holding AK74's but won't change to RPG's!!. even if you give them the 'weapon RPG' command!!.

Someone tell me!!. when you give the 'Weapon RPG'(or weapon AK, or any other) command, do you actualy speak?. you know!, like say~ 'use weapon blah ,blah,...'?. cause I don't give any verbal when I press the key.<span id='postcolor'>

They don't say shit to that, and ususally don't do anything visibly different either. By just giving them Engage BMP command they should approach it with Rifle and take out RPG when in range. Mage sure you tell them to open fire. Set their combat mode to danger.

It might just be that your guys are not as skilled as the BMP and they get spotted first. (I mean, you owuld expect that alot in real life)

Phew!. user neglegence I can cope with tounge.gif ...

Thanx!, I though you'd see the AI change over straight away,(i told him to reload RPG and there was sound affects but he was still holding a rifle!wink.gif but thinking about it it would hamper movement. I have had the AI fire from Max(200m?) range in the 'Resupply' ambush. I spose I must have given the 'stay put' order then wink.gif

They seem to take an age with the 'ready to fire' response nowadays as well. if they respond at all by the time the enemys walked over their position! sad.gif