warlord554

NATO/Russian AK SOPMOD Pack WIP

CJ_AK_zpst7utrhfq.jpg

Alright guys I am working on several different weapon packs, and this one is nearing alpha release. They are still a heavy wip. I realize that many of our community are not from the US and I thought everyone might like modern, special operations capable weapons. This pack contains NATO 545, 762, and 556 variants. They contain modern mag models, folding buis, RIS systems, animated bipods, custom ammo rounds, and more. There is also a concept tier one ak with modern GL. They will be compatible with most popular accessories packs available to the community, along with most mags. I will continue to keep everyone as updated as possible.

Variants include:

- AK74's with MOE stocks, buis, foregrips, RIS, and more. Available in both 545 and 556

- AK47 standard, higher quality than standard BIS, custom Russian ammo

- "AK130C" modern concept tier one SOPMOD rifle, upgraded upper receiver and more including modern GL

- AKS74's modernized, including gp30 variants

- All variants will have radical SPR MARKSMAN versions

- Include various camo types, will accept requests for your favorite :)

- Custom ammo loadouts including M74, 7N22AP, 231, 231P, 7T3, VOG25, VOG25P, and more!!

- Updated sounds

- Much much more!!!

I will try to entertain any requests for anything regarding this pack, different variants, camos, features, etc so feel free to ask :)

More pics:

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/Mobile%20Uploads/arma3%202014-04-01%2001-27-33-04_zpsvblbkzny.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/Mobile%20Uploads/arma3%202014-04-01%2001-26-58-19_zpsyz8vvo48.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/Mobile%20Uploads/arma3%202014-04-01%2001-26-32-35_zpszefwzwzp.jpg

These are not my original models and full credit will be given upon release. Thanks

• Like 2

Looks very cool, a welcome addition to my armory :)

Can you show some pic's of the marksman versions, but will look forward to follow this addon, and download it when its ready...!

Continue the good Work.

Are you gonna add the AK74M with black stock?

Edited by MistyRonin
orthography

Are you gonna add the AK74M with black stocking?

Do you mean the standard 74M with black furniture? Yes I will also include standard variants as well

Don't forget about asdg joint rail and jsrs sound addons compatabilty

Nice weapon! are you plan to make custom animation?

I apologize I didn't include that. All my weapons packs will be compatible with ASDG. I still need to talk to jarhead on sounds. I will be doing custom hand animations, possibly reload animations too. I'd really like to animate the GL tube on reload but its not possible yet

I'd really like to animate the GL tube on reload but its not possible yet

Take a look at toadie's ak.

Take a look at toadie's ak.

He's on about how it's impossible to model the breach of the grenade launcher opening during a reload, not animating the unit's hands as though they are performing a reload. Toadie's AKs don't demonstrate the problem because GP-25/GP-30 grenade launchers are muzzle-loading, so have no need for the breach to open on the weapon model - animating the hands is sufficient.

Custom reload animations really should be a standard now, at least as far as using one appropriate for the platform used. Toadie made his rigs and animations publicly available I think, so possibly consider looking into those?

For M4 platforms there are some animations in the default game that are okay, but for most guns the reload animations do not cut it. (For example, I don't use any G3 platform weapons or MGs from any mod right now apart from the Toadie2k M60E3 because they don't have reload animations.)

It's a major factor for gun immersion and gunplay now that we have these anims. Natively slow or quick to reload weapons can now be properly timed with an appropriate reload, so they are making a difference now. BI wasn't thorough on this part, not a good example for the community...

I agree completely and am working on reload anims, I haven't tried toadies ak pack, may look into his. It's an area I've always wanted to push the bar, especially with M4's.

Little update I've added several:

- A2 Gold AK (working on the rvmat's)

- AKS74u

arma3%202014-04-04%2003-31-01-69_zpst7kdpxdm.jpg

- AKS74u MOD

arma3%202014-04-04%2003-29-21-38_zpssqf7263n.jpg

Look forward to this. Ive always wanted to play with custom AK's in A3, especially with the new attachments system theres a lot of possibilities for the mods.

Please do a AK-74 and a gl version with laminated handgaurds (the dark red coloured ones, exactly like RH's AK-74, as atm all but 1 are bulgarian variants with the yellow coloured non-laminated handgaurds and so are not acurate for soviet era, also on the gl include the rubber butt plate!

*UPDATE*

Alright guys I've been working hard trying to get these where I want them. I want to give you guys quality weapons, so no corners are being cut. I've been working on a custom suppressor pack as well, along with optimizing LODs for best AI performance. They are beautiful ingame and I think everyone will enjoy them. @Kaxii thanks for the input I have the buttplate, will see about getting a nice furniture set ingame for you :)

I have added a modern concept sniper rifle:

SVD "SPEAR" II Platform (Special Engagement Advanced Rifle)

- Modern Modular Design

- SPEAR Specific Suppressor

- Custom 762x54R Ammo

- Animated Bipod

- Much More!!

arma3%202014-04-09%2018-40-58-83_zpstrv3ddrp.jpg

Also plan to include:

- AK "SPEAR" LMG Variant with 90Rnd Drum

- NATO "SPEAR" Custom .416 LR Sniper Rifle

- Looking into a possible modern 12.7mm Heavy Sniper Rifle

- Standard AK47 w/GP30

- Many more!!!!!

I am not sure if I will make the camo versions with the Alpha release or not. It's an area that I want to pay close attention and get quality work. Any input would be great, I am not Russian so I don't really know what the community would like, I have planned a standard desert, no particular pattern, I have a HEX pattern planned for modern A3 users. I will keep you guys updated!!!!

I'm looking forward to these! Can't wait to use em with some PMC mission ideas I have.

Standard AK47 w/GP30

Please showcase this and other non-SOPMOD AK rifles when you can with photos, thank you.

*UPDATE*

I have gotten several PM requests for more standard variants, so I have added some more variants, and all standard variants now have a proper scope mount that will appear correctly when optics are attached. I've also added some folding stock versions for fun.

New Weapons include:

- SVU Sniper Rifle (Standard and Bipod Variants, also has functional BUIS)

- SVD Sniper Rifle (Standard and Black w/Bipod Variants)

- RPK74 (Animated Bipod)

- AK47S (Animated Under Folding Stock)

AKs_zpsl88kutkg.jpg

RPK74_zpskwffwolb.jpg

AK47%20Gold_zpsortyenwo.jpg

Edited by WarLord554

The pack is looking awesome! Any chance we can see a SBR drum fed SOPMOD AK? Gotta love high fire power in a small package :)

The pack is looking awesome! Any chance we can see a SBR drum fed SOPMOD AK? Gotta love high fire power in a small package :)

Absolutely brother, you mean a 74u with drum or a standard SOPMOD ak with shortened barrel?

Absolutely brother, you mean a 74u with drum or a standard SOPMOD ak with shortened barrel?

A shortened SOPMOD AK47. I saw a couple guys runnin around Afghanistan with em and when I asked they said it was perfect for PSD work with SHTF. Something about 75x 7.62 rounds flying out of a small package changing attackers mind.

But maybe this for abit of inspiration? http://mrcolionnoir.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DSC_0021.jpg (107 kB)

At any rate, this weapon pack will definitely be on my mod list till Arma 4!