Sign in to follow this  
capttyco

Tyco's USMC Reskins

Combat photos from Afghanistan this year as well as of training exercises in Korea show a good mix of both M4s and M16a4s in use. I just made loadouts to reflect this.

Are you a Marine?

If you are infantry and forward deployed there's a 95% chance you are carrying an M4 vice the M16A4. This is not 2009 anymore. A4's largely go to non-infantry and reserve units now.

Are you? I'm not, but everything I have read reflects a Marine Corps that not only uses the M-16 as it's primary service rifle, but is A) Seeking to upgrade the M-16 to the A5 variant, and B) Actively resisting any movement to the M4A1 or M4 PIP. If you've got solid proof to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

Are you? I'm not, but everything I have read reflects a Marine Corps that not only uses the M-16 as it's primary service rifle, but is A) Seeking to upgrade the M-16 to the A5 variant, and B) Actively resisting any movement to the M4A1 or M4 PIP. If you've got solid proof to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

I am, I can speak from experience to tell you that the M16A4 is on it's way out. The platform is really on it's last legs. One of the main reasons we keep it around is actually because it's more practical for qualifying on the KD range. You will see some units with a 50/50 mix, and some who have gone completely to the M4 for even the most junior Marines. It's just a budget matter. OEF takes precedence of a MEU or UDP.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Looking sharp. Nice work. Id like to see some non-A3 helmets standard issue, but solid work buddy :D

That is the next step ;) Once I get a good handle on how to port objects into arma I plan on adding some new helmets, and maybe a vest or two.

It only used their m249 and AT4. They have been replaced with the Mk 200 and the Nlaw. Default arma stuff.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Small update.

Changelog:

small texture update

config updates

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0mnGG4R2c8mTHlBUG55OHNqeUE/view?usp=sharing

Also, If anyone is interested I am looking for a someone good with 3d modelling to help expand this project. I am looking at adding some new, contemporary, helmets as well as a few variants of the Scalable Plate Carrier Vest. As I am just downright awful with 3D modelling software I figure I would put it out to the community for some help.

PM me if interested. Of course, full credit will be given.

tyco, can you please share the server key with us? we need them to use your mod on our server :(

Sorry. I havent checked this thread in while. If people still want server keys I am more than happy to put them up. I also have a small update that I could push out.

Tyco