Sign in to follow this  
FallujahMedic -FM-

Our friend Randy Stratton is dying

R.I.P. Randy Paul Stratton 1/12/1980 - 4/3/2014 You will be sorely missed!!

To our Arma family:

Many of you are aware that our friend Randy Stratton was taken to the hospital on Mar 16. His fight with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy has taken its toll on his body. While in the hospital his condition worsened when he suffered a heart attack. This left his heart functioning at less than 10%, This, coupled with failing organs has delivered the last few blows to our dear friend. While not yet fatal, they are the proverbial "knock out" punches...

From Randy's family:

"Randy has been moved to a regular room. They told him this morning he has probably a week more or less to live. He only has a breathing tube and has chosen to not have medication except if he is in extreme pain. He is struggling to breathe but is fully conscious. They have told us we can stay in his room but to not talk to him much. We are just sitting here for him if he needs anything. He just told Angela (his wife) that he loves her."

From Randy's wife:

"I am so sad and my heart is breaking but, I need help.

This is on behalf of a great man. Mr. Randy Stratton, he has not passed yet but it is only a matter of short time. We are asking for any help you can with his cost. Please help so all of us that love Randy can help his with the final dignity of his wonderful earthly body. Thank you for all the support and prayers you have already shown. We thank each and everyone of you."

" I am raising money for the final expenses for the love of my life Randy Paul Stratton. Our hearts will always beat together even though his is no longer beating and mine is broken. I need help with the worldly part of his departure to Heaven. The Lord needs him now, probably to work on Jesus' computer. So he sent for the best!! I love you always and forever Randy!"

Fundraising link removed due to final expenses raised. 

I was introduced to Randy sometime in 2006, by Loki. Back then we, in some form of the word, were "rebels", out to change the (ARMA/OFP) world. Yes, in some ways we DID succeed. But, it was during this time that I really got to know Randy. I learned that he lived in an adult care facility. His body may have been disabled, but his mind sure was far from it. We would spend hours (which turned into years) in the Skype Arma Off-Topic chat bullshitting about everything from F-14s to Train Simulator to Iron Maiden. Nothing was sacred or off-topic. But, mostly it was about ARMA/OFP. Whether it was about animations or voice acting or even model making, it got discussed. It was discussed so much that it got too much for the chat and we soon had our own TeamSpeak channel.

Randy eats, sleeps and Hell, probably dreams ARMA to this day.

His friendship has outlasted two of my marriages and if it hadn't been for Duchenne's he'd probably outlast my current relationship.

In the end, Randy is my friend. He may be a "virtual" friend, but in real life he has been a TRUE friend. I can't explain to the entire community what that means to me personally, but he is also YOUR friend. The Arma community was/is HIS family, maybe a dysfunctional one at times, but he loved you all just the same. Arma gave him the ability to rise above his physical limitations and isolation and give him the outlet to express himself.

I love you man!

-FM-

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
Removed formatting artifact
  • Like 2

it is hard to tell a friend goodbye slowly.. you will be missed my friend.

Edited by Loki

Well written. It is amazing how some people we've met online, that we shared hundreds of hours with, can mean so much to us.

Not going to give up hope until the End buddy. Your not out of the Fight until the end. So Fight =SEALZ= Randy. =SEALZ= Family are putting you in their prayers..... love you brother...

I can remember hearing him laugh through teamspeak, pretty sure he was laughing at Mario doing something "funny". We've had lots of great gaming experiences, and I remember his cool mods.

Randy is a good guy!

sad news, let's hope for miracle

sympathy to family

I said this in Skype and ill say it here to:

I take solace in knowing that all we ever are and are to be came from the stars. And this universe wastes nothing. So to those say we die and that is the end. I say are reborn and it's only the beginning.

To randy (beer)

I never got to meet the guy, but I'm certain his work and attitude influenced the community in a positive way. There's no doubt I learned some important things about the Armaverse indirectly from him. My thoughts go out to his family and close friends, as well as him in finding either the strength & ability to fight; or peaceful rest. Surely Randy will be missed if he parts with us, if he only knew how many of us are rooting for him.

Edited by Sequisha

Take care my friend. Never to be forgotten.

Speaking from experience, I know how hard it is for the family to know someone will die soon. My sincerest wishes to his wife and family to have the strength to get through to this, and I hope Randy will have the opportunity to take what he can out of his final days. Never give up hoping, is what I learned.

The sad news is upon us, R.I.P. Randy

A Message from his Wife:

I wanted to let everyone know Randy Stratton took the 4:33 am train to be with our Lord and savior. He is now walking with the Angels. Goodbye my sweet sweet soul mate. I will love you forever always

Randy Paul Stratton

1-12-1980 to 4-3-2014

Be not burdened with times of sorrow,

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life has been full, I've savoured much.

Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all to brief

Don't lengthen it now with undue grief,

Lift up you hearts and share with me,

God wanted me now,

He set me free.

RIP Randy, you will be missed ...

please forward my condolence to his wife and rest of family

Our sincere condolences to his friends and family.

rifle_helmet.png

RIP and my condolences to his family and friends. May he be in a better place now.

Did not know the man but my condolences to his family and friends

Hello there

Sorry to hear this.

All my best

Rgds

LoK