Sign in to follow this  
FallujahMedic -FM-

Our friend Randy Stratton is dying

I don't mean to offend anyone by saying i have never heard of him but anyone that draws this much attention and respect from the ArmA community gets my respect and condolences. I hope his family remain strong and remain in our thoughts.

RIP Randy Stratton

RIP and condolences, afair he was also helping in addons:how to do discussions, by for example giving advices to people asking how to do something

Thought, I also share it here! I havent known him and I have never met him personally!

Still, It is so sad, if someone dies so young - I feel very sorry for the family and I am sorry for the loss, Randy seemed to be a nice guy, from what i have read!

I hope he had a nice life over all, and now is happily taking a view on us from heaven, laughing and awaiting us on the other side!

Rest in peace, Randy!

I hope you can see the candle burning, that i just lightended, though we have never met!

Rest in Peace Randy, you will be missed ...

All of life is a dream walking, all of death is a going home

Rest in Peace Randy, we will not forget you.

Much respect to Randy and I wish the best for his friends and family.

Rest in Peace

Sad, didn't know him, but its sad to lose someone, many of us will know that on here, I would imagine.

Condolences to his family and friends, sorry for your loss.

Edited by ChrisB
type error

Randy's passing was a severe blow. He was a team-mate for a software project of mine and a very fine model tuner. And over the years, he became a good friend as well. I could not let his passing go without saying a few words.

But at this time all I can think of is, "I will miss you."

Sorry to read about the loss of Randy.

It is sad, as well as moving that it brings me my own memories back to 2010 when I knew someone who had passed that was also

part of a gaming community, and my life for a part of that year.

Having spoke with, as well as played with this person ingame that you have become friends with, and they pass one day, your response to it is a very odd thing to

feel as it is not everyday you lose someone, its like losing a part of yourself.

I am heartfelt that such a loss has happened, and hope that from this more attention is given to those who are alive, whom you are close too, your friends, and gaming buddies.

Hope that your friendships have brought you closer because of Randy.

My condolences to those friends, relatives, of Randy.

I haven't spoken to Randy since 2007/2008, back when Emery introduced me as Blackdeath to Loki and the bandit crew. Hands down some of my best nights skipping school to work on ArmA (No regrets) were spent BSin with Randy. He was just one of the best people I could have possibly had the chance to meet, and the memories I have of those years still impact my character today. He instilled in me knowledge well beyond his own years, and for that I'll always be grateful. Rest in peace buddy, sorry we couldn't of spent more time together, and that you had to go so soon.

My deepest condolences to all those who are feeling the loss of this great man.

Just saw this today.

All my deep condolences to the family.

I just had little contact with him, but he was a good guy. I started porting his Hokum way back last year, and I think I will take up the work again to let some of his work life inside the current Armaverse.

http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2474027&fh_id=14781

I just wanted to include a little bit from the above linked obituary.

"On April 3, 2014, Randy Paul Stratton, departed this earth to be with His Heavenly Father. Randy was born on January 12, 1980 in Wichita Falls, Texas to Larry and Teresa Ganaway Stratton. He died at Shannon Memorial Hospital in San Angelo with his wife, Angela, at his side.

He graduated from Snyder High School in 1999. He was married on April 21, 2012 to Angela Noble in Odessa, Texas.

Randy became a patient at Kristi Lee Manor in Colorado City in January, 2004. He was loved by the staff and patients there. Randy was a whiz at computers and was very popular in the ARMA/OFP Gaming Community. So many wonderful tributes have been posted on the gaming site he played on, it is so comforting to know the lives he has touched and encouraged throughout the years. He was able to take short outings from the nursing home. Not nearly enough but he cherished them all. He loved being able zip around in his electric wheelchair at the Air Show in Odessa. Randy would sit outside for hours and nap or just enjoy Gods amazing world. He would feed some of the stray kittens that were at the nursing home. His heart was so big, he was an amazing gift from God. He loved trains, his computer, all his friends, family and especially his dear Angela.

Randy is survived by his wife, Angela, his mother and step-father, Teresa Rich and Robert Gaddis, father, Larry Stratton and wife, Carol. He is also survived by his maternal grandmother, Ladell Ganaway of Snyder, brother, Robert Rich of Midland, sister, Misty Murph and her husband, Robert, two nieces and a nephew, also an aunt and uncle, mother in law Elizabeth Noble, sister in laws, Madaleine Alexander and husband Tom, Mona Tharp and husband Donny, Liz Morris and MariAnn Condron and husband Ray, brother in law Darren Whitehead and wife Renee. Also other family, and many friends in the online gaming community, and those left to cherish his memory at the nursing. home.

Randy was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Homer Ganaway and step-father, Robert Rich"

(Bold selections emphasized by me)

As in Life, so it is in death, we will always be your family Randy!