Sign in to follow this  
F4llen_

[SP] Information Embargo

thlFuBu.jpg

Description

Your task as a leader of British SF team is to take out a communication tower and before the CSAT will figure out what is going on, grab an enemy informant and get out of there.

Changelog

1.0 - Initial release

1.1 - Tweaked a bit enemy AI skill (mostly lowered)

- Some enemy soldiers at the objectives will not appear at lower difficulties

- Also at lower difficulties the enemy will open fire at the informant a bit later

1.2 - Now the player can choose between 2 weapons at the beginning of the mission

- Added more ammo to the player and also to your teammates (Number 4 also carries some extra ammo for player)

- Added hidden optional objective (contains also some useful equipment for player)

1.3 - Small bug fixes

Installation

Subscribe in Steam Workshop.

Or if you downloaded the mission via Dropbox, extract the .pbo file into ArmA3 Directory \ Missions.

Known issues

Sometimes the informant might be prone when he joins your squad, dunno why that is, just order him to stand up (Command 7-6)

Download

Steam Workshop (1.3)

Dropbox (1.3)

Armaholic (1.3)

My first mission for ArmA 3.

I hope you enjoy it!

Any feedback welcome.

Edited by grazyboy

Update 1.1 released. Links are updated. If you are subscribed on Workshop, it will update automatically.

Changelog

- Tweaked a bit enemy AI skill (mostly lowered)

- Some enemy soldiers at the objectives will not appear at lower difficulties

- Also at lower difficulties the enemy around the informant will open fire at him a bit later

This has to be one of the BEST Arma 3 missions I've played so far.

Great work!! I hope you make more...........

Now, that I got the butt kissing out of the way.............:eek:

I am having a bit of a problem with the Hostage rescue............dude, it is HARD...and I suck at arma anyways, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily a hard mission.

I'm sure others will know how to rescue the dude...........I just hope they report back here on how they did it.....

Cheers!! Make more!!

Ok here is a small tip.

Well you know you can find a better position than I put the player. :) I am not limiting the player anyway there.

I put the player there because there is a better view on the guards you have to take out.

But from that part you have problems with, there is a much better position:

Little bit to the north, at grid 090202, is a position where you can easily line up 2 soldiers and take them out with with few quick shots.

Originally I was thinking about that one of your team member will radio you that there is a better position for you and you could move there, maybe I will add it.

Ok here is a small tip.

Well you know you can find a better position than I put the player. :) I am not limiting the player anyway there.

I put the player there because there is a better view on the guards you have to take out.

But from that part you have problems with, there is a much better position:

Little bit to the north, at grid 090202, is a position where you can easily line up 2 soldiers and take them out with with few quick shots.

Originally I was thinking about that one of your team member will radio you that there is a better position for you and you could move there, maybe I will add it.

I don't know if I cheated (Still have not rescued the dude yet), but I suck at sniping as well. Instead, I found the good guy and helped him side by side in the town itself instead of on the hill.

Been trying different positions close up like the rest of the team.

Perhaps I need to get back out on the hill once I do the other take downs.........

Update 1.2 released. Links are updated. If you are subscribed on Workshop, it will update automatically.

Changelog

- Now the player can choose between 2 weapons at the beginning of the mission

- Added more ammo to the player and also to your teammates (Number 4 also carries some extra ammo for player)

- Added hidden optional objective (contains also some useful equipment for player)

I haven't played the new update yet, but don't go too crazy giving away too much weapons and ammo.

I think adding more ammo is good and maybe a choice at start of mission, but after that, no more is needed.

Players have to learn to accept what mission makers give them and have to use wisely when on mission.

This idea of "Virtual Ammo/Weapons box" is in my opinion game breaking in some cases.

I haven't played the new update yet, but don't go too crazy giving away too much weapons and ammo.

I think adding more ammo is good and maybe a choice at start of mission, but after that, no more is needed.

Players have to learn to accept what mission makers give them and have to use wisely when on mission.

This idea of "Virtual Ammo/Weapons box" is in my opinion game breaking in some cases.

I perfectly agree with Kommiekat. There are too many missions destroyed with just too much to choose from. The whole idea of being able to choose from all the NATO/OPFOR arsenal is:

1. Immersion breaker.

2. Shows lack of imagination on part of the mission maker (not the case in this mission though)

3. Can break the mission by making it too easy.

Sometimes too much of a choice is a bad thing :)

Well I agree also, but on the other side, there might be some new players to ArmA 3 who don't master it that much and for them it can be quite frustrating.

Anyway I just added 4 extra mags to player and 2 for teammates. And the extra equipment is just Rahim with a scope.

Well I agree also, but on the other side, there might be some new players to ArmA 3 who don't master it that much and for them it can be quite frustrating.

Anyway I just added 4 extra mags to player and 2 for teammates. And the extra equipment is just Rahim with a scope.

Fair enough.

Anybody reading this thread: Download this mission.

It's good. Why? Because Variable and myself said so. Nuff said!

:p

Great Mission

I've played Initial release 1.0, the final assault to rescue the hostage was very hard but feasible (position, speed, coordination).

Update 1.3 released. Links are updated. If you are subscribed on Workshop, it will update automatically.

Changelog

- Small bug fixes (a pop up error)

Fair enough.

Anybody reading this thread: Download this mission.

It's good. Why? Because Variable and myself said so. Nuff said!

:p

Haha :D good one!

I'll try it out soon.

Good mission. I liked the variety and especially the second part. What I didn't liked were the super long walkways with no vehicle. My gameplay most of the time pretty much looked like this: Savegame, time fast forward x4 until something happens, deal with it, return to fast forward, etc. Also the balance is a little bit on the odd side, imo. Taking that communication outpost took me at least 10 or so tries, because either one of my team mates died all the time, or I did. Would probably not be bad to reduce ai aim accuracy here.

For the second part of the mission, I felt that my rifle wasn't suitable. It was hard to hit anything, which resulted in lots of try&error until something worked out. Oh, and once that was done... 1,6km of more walking without vehicle. It's just way too much for my taste.