Sign in to follow this  
gdscei

Meet-up at a gaming conference

After I met up with some of the team members on my modding team at EGX Rezzed, I wondered... why not a modding community meet-up?

Events that it could be at would probably be limited to Europe, since as far as I know, most modders are from Europe (correct me if I am wrong), and so the two most obvious answers would be: EGX London or Gamescom (Cologne, Germany).

As BIS has been at Gamescom last year, I would expect them to come this year as well, so we could even meet-up all together with some BIS people, if the meet-up would be there.

What are your guys' thoughts on this?

Personally, I have met some great people in the modding community that I would love to meet-up with. And I can't see it not happening.. the modding community has existed for a while now :)

Edited by gdscei

i meet with Topas ftom time to time cause we live in one city (we met half hour ago, hehe) , i meet with ZGuba (ACE, Arma3 developer), i met guy from Mapfact from Germany when he was in Poland (Mapfact addons for OFP), but moders are from whole globe, Australia, USA, Russia, Germany etc. hard to meet in one place even due to economy (prices of hotels/air tickets), of course it would be nice, no matter of polical connections, one what connects us all is love to Arma/OFP,

i also keep contact via skype with dozen people from here :) and when only we have time we speak about music, life, etc. even with "retired" moders,

i keep Skype chats with Martin, WLD427 (Racs mod), CWR team (w0lle, Max Power), DayZ Sahrani , from time time with GranQ, Skype allows to talk too

Edited by vilas

Of course, it would be mostly European people that could come, I know that not everyone would be able to go :)

I guess there's a time for Armaverse Conference :)

ArmaCon? It needs to happen now! ^^

BIS should be able to afford us all a round!