Sign in to follow this  
dmstewart

Breaking Even - Windows Crash - Cant Proceed

I am currently on the Breaking Even mission and right after hunting and eliminating the mortar the orders are to fall back to the outpost (the one we previously assaulted). As soon as I get back and complete the "Fall Back" orders the enemies launch a return offensive on the outpost. As soon as that gunfire starts my Arma crashes. I have never had any problem with any of the Arma games ever crashing and my system handles them just fine. Even on Arma 3 I can max the settings out and not have any problem whatsoever.

Anyone know why this is happening? This is super annoying. I just got past "Tipping Point" and one section was nearly impossible and took over 100 attempts. (AI was blowing me up at the beginning of my save) I had to revert back and do the entire mission over a few times before the AI started doing what I saw in everyone's videos posted online...and now this.

Specs:

AMD FX 8350 @4.4gHz

MSI HD 7950 OC/Boost Edition

ASUS M5A97 R 2.0

HDD Seagate 2tb

Windows 8.1

[EDIT] I forgot to add that I cannot disable the mods and continue with the mission. Is this because my missions is already saved with the mods being active?

Few other questions...

If I wanted to test to see if the one of the mods could be affecting this, how could it be done without having to start the whole campaign over?

Can I uninstall the game through Steam and reinstall while still keeping my current campaign progress?

Any help, ideas, or suggestions from the Arma pros would be greatly appreciated. Im new to the series but its quickly become my favorite title. Furthermore, I really just want to complete the campaign - even though Ive done a terrible job with it - just so I can go back and do it all over again while applying what Ive learned. Its just so odd to have the game just stop working and to have the Windows message of "Arma 3 has stopped working" pop up so fast...its instantaneous. Whereas every other program seems to hang for a little bit and then that message pops up.

Unfortunately I found in this case that I had to disable mods to get past this mission - it turned out to be the TPW mods that caused the crashes.

Something's wrong with that mission; as soon as I have to retreat to the forest, my fps falls down to like 5... It becomes unplayable.

Jesus Christ BIS, I bought Arma during the Alpha and never got to complete that goddamn campaign - thanks to a most frustrating AI experience and glitches wearing my patience off.