Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Can you use different respawn types in the same mission for different sides!

Is it possible to use two different respawn types for different sides during a mission. I would like to use respawn =base for east (opfor) and Respawn =2 instant for West units (blufor) in the same mission. I am almost done with a new kind of domination mission that I have been working hard on for over a year. This would be the cherry on the top if could be done.

Can anyone tell me if this is even possible to achieve with the game engine. Can you have different spawn types in the same mission. Can't find any real information on this!

No you can't. The respawn defined in description.ext is for everyone on every side/faction.

You could try respawn = base, combined with a teleport script for blufor to simulate respawn = instant.

Might work...

That is what I have been trying for the past few days. I have it down for blufor with two mobileHQ's and using Instant but can't get it to work for opfor? I don't know if I can use two different teleport script for both sides? or if I just don' t know how to setup for both sides. Thanks for the reply but I got my answer a few days ago that there is no way to have two different respawn types defined in description.ext. If any one has an example of two different teleport scripts working in the same mission for different sides please do share. Avibird.

I need some help here. I know it can be done. If you can't use different respawn types how can I force certain players spots (player 1 and player 2) to be teleported to a set position on the map following death! I know I need a teleport script but how to set it up for only a few players following the players death only. Help needed on this I understand basic arithmetic but this needs calculus To complete this concept for my mission lol.

Well if you just want certain players to be transported somewhere upon death, you just have to add some script into their init-field so that it just applies to them.

this addEventHandler ["Respawn", {(_this select 0) setPos (getMarkerPos "SomewhereToTeleportTo");}];

Something along this lines. But for this to work you need to have Respawn=instant to be set and need to manage the respawn for the opfor.

Please give me a feedback if I misunderstood your request :)

Yes I have been developing a combat support script mission that puts the players in a very large dynamic combat mission that uses domination as a base template. Only 14 playable slots for blufor with two field commanders That can build FOB any where on the map as well as the ability to call in numerous squads of units to assist. The issue is I need to use respawn 2 because the support units follow the commanders around the map and if the waypoints trigger in when the commanders are at the main airport base when spawning the support units will move towards the airport before the new waypoint will kick in. Respawn 2 works well for my scripts however I wanted to add only two playable slots for opfor. The new commanders for the east will have a set of scripts that they can use to reinforce Any AO that the west is attacking as well as destroying the FOB's and the airport. The issue is the opfor units can and will get spawn raped if they say in the AO. If the blufor commanders get killed the support units will stay in the AO however if the opfor commanders gets killed all his support units will fallback and get deleted. So I need a way to get the opfor units to teleport back to his base/setup area so they can try again to stop Blufor to dominated the map. I Hope that is a little more clear of my dilemma. Avibird.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1