Sign in to follow this  
Two Dogs

JIP and disable AI

How do you allow JIP when you have disabled the AI in the description.ext?

I'm almost certain that those units simply don't spawn until they are occupied by a player. They aren't deleted or anything if they aren't being used at mission start, just not spawned.

;2657912']I'm almost certain that those units simply don't spawn until they are occupied by a player. They aren't deleted or anything if they aren't being used at mission start' date=' just not spawned.[/quote']

Yes, respawn = GROUP; allows you to start from the units' starting position if they haven't been selected yet. respawn = SIDE should as well, but in my experience it doesn't really work well with JIP for whatever reason.

All my ops have JIP compatibility. Are you putting down normal AI units and hoping to spawn into them using the spawn on remainder of squad mechanic? If so, just make them all playable when you place them and it should allow you to join into unused slots. This works 100% for me.

Das

ps - can you elaborate on the problem? How are you placing the units you want to spawn into and what is happening when you try to JIP into them?

Thanks for all responses,

All my ops have JIP compatibility. Are you putting down normal AI units and hoping to spawn into them using the spawn on remainder of squad mechanic? If so, just make them all playable when you place them and it should allow you to join into unused slots. This works 100% for me.

Das

ps - can you elaborate on the problem? How are you placing the units you want to spawn into and what is happening when you try to JIP into them?

I have several publicVariables to broadcast to clients when they JIP. I didn't know if disabling AI in the description.ext would effect that or not. I knew about making a "respawn_west" ect.. marker from Arma and Arma2 but I saw a "Respawn Module", under Multi Player section, and didn't know what that was all about.

So just set this in Description.ext, and players can JIP in and respawn without incident:

"disableAI = 1" //When 1, removes all playable units which do not have a human player.  When 0, a logging out player will have AI take control of his character.  Default value is 0. (MP)

By the way the biki is incorrect. It states that "Disabling all the AI units will prevent JIP into playable units." If you disable AI from the lobby it will prevent JIP and restrict respawn into unused playable AI. Disabling the disableAI in the Description.ext will allow unlimited respawn(unless otherwise limited)and allow JIP.

I will try to submit a correction.

Edited by Two Dogs