RushHour

Arma 3 Kart DLC

Yeah, I always found it odd we have a police boat but not a police car available in editor. Presumably AAF destroyed all the airliners at the main airport to stop enemies from escaping, but if that were the case the hangars would be full of wrecks. Also, if there are taxi signs, why are there no taxis?

I really do hope the kart DLC is coming to Arma 3, racers included. For that matter, Orestes needs a motorcycle for the bike jacket. And a helmet. Say, a BMW GS series to run about in the sand and on road? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_GS

There is a police car - you just need to animate/unhide parts of the offroad vehicle to create one.

I knew it was a joke because: 1) 1st April, 2) Super duper realistic physics blah blah pleez, SIM racing is a seperate hardcore techniocal challenge / genre on it's own, and the Arma engine would run it like a slide show ontop of everything else... No, Nvidia Physx does not count.

/Referring to what I saw and read on Armaholic\

That video rip off made my day! :D

There is a police car - you just need to animate/unhide parts of the offroad vehicle to create one.
It's hardly a police car, it's just pickup truck with some generic blue beacons.

It's hardly a police car, it's just pickup truck with some generic blue beacons.

What were you expecting on a desolate Mediterranean island? :D

I would find it more absurd to see anything modern/purpose built such as an American Cruiser - every time I've been sailing round the Med, all the local police vehicles on the remote islands are a mix and match affair and generally a generic blue beacon on top of whatever the favourite local vehicle may be.

I would find it more absurd to see anything modern/purpose built such as an American Cruiser - every time I've been sailing round the Med, all the local police vehicles on the remote islands are a mix and match affair and generally a generic blue beacon on top of whatever the favourite local vehicle may be.

Well, even Offroad could use a "POLICE" label and distinctive colours. But Altis is not a small island and I think local authorities can afford purchase of some modern cars for local police force (or at least bunch of paint cans to separate police from other civilian traffic), especially since they somehow managed to buy super-tech Leopard MBTs.

Besides, I don't think it's a good idea to transport arrested folks in an open-top cargo section unless they are extremely law-abiding. :D

Edited by Semiconductor

I hope for BIS to release a basic Emergency Units package, having a working fire-department able to extinguish fires, like from burning wrecks, Ambulances with paramedics having the same healing capabilities of a regular army 'combat life saver.' And ofcourse, - whilst probably less favorable because of two formerly detained devs.) - police units. Both in patrol and riot-gear, with working clubs that do damage to those getting hit by a strike.. Because if clubs can be used, community can create knife/bayonet models to be used for said default animation if that were to be..

I mean there's already the hospital, and a police boat, so how about the other vehicles to liven it up a bit? Best would be for BIS to eventually release it if community-demand is high enough, and ofcourse if it suits their company's interests, whereas it can be a cornerstone of the community to henceforth build from, even if only the basics were to be provided. So how about this BIS: Let's start with a non-hidden fully working police-pickup, completely with sirens, lights, and a fitting paint-scheme, and a dedicated police-helmet like a MICH with barred or transparant hard-plastic face-protection? Would be nice to have for standard.. I mean we got parts of the uniform but besides the workers-outfit nothing else really fits to go along with the vest and beret.. (which is missing a police emblem..) etc, etc.

And yeah, them go-karts and racing tunics would be nice to have on the kart-track situated next to the Altis Int. Airport for those who perhaps may not know as of yet. And then again, who says racing is to be restricted to the track itself, when certain parts of the road-network can be used for longer distance work, kinda reminiscent to the Grand Prix of Monaco, but then with Go-Karts in Kavala or Pyrgos or whatever location one chooses to race at.. Perhaps the Ghost-Hotel appartments ring-road can be used for that end aswell. Anyways, there's probably enough usage for those go-karts if they're ever going to be released.. I for one certainly hope so, because I'd like to casually race and tensely relax besides all the shooting to be done. Even if it ain't exactly a Karting-simulator, it's still fun if it's kept rather arcady. And these are just my two cents about the whole matter.

Edited by Thani '82

For example the " Policia Local " from Ciutadella ( Menorca ):

amp_395048-1.jpg

Or in Santorini ( Greece )

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3794/12549462764_880ab84525_b.jpg (222 kB)

Or in "Altis" ( the real ):

47E45956006CDE9E0DEA016BF047E128.jpg

Edited by MistyRonin

especially since they somehow managed to buy super-tech Leopard MBTs.

They saved money for the panzer, some cuts needed to be made ;)

especially since they somehow managed to buy super-tech Leopard MBTs.

Why not just use the Leopards as police cars?

Why not just use the Leopards as police cars?

Could be very interesting, BI just need to add a beacon.

People, it's still a military sandbox game. It's not The Sims.

People, it's still a military sandbox game. It's not The Sims.

That's why in OFP and previous Armas you had all of that?

The civilian part of the military conflicts is still an important and sometimes decisive part of them ( unless are wars fought in the desert or in the Moon ).

For example a lot of times the Police takes part in the fights, the civilian evacuation and protection of refugees camps ( just check the last OTAN and EU military missions around the globe ), and also the fact that military forces can use anything they find ( from tractors, etc ); the civilian casualties fact that adds difficulty and even changes completely some military operations, etc.

Edited by MistyRonin

That's why in OFP and previous Armas you had all of that?

The civilian part of the military conflicts is still an important and sometimes decisive part of them ( unless are wars fought in the desert or in the Moon ).

For example a lot of times the Police takes part in the fights, the civilian evacuation and protection of refugees camps ( just check the last OTAN and EU military missions around the globe ), and also the fact that military forces can use anything they find ( from tractors, etc ); the civilian casualties fact that adds difficulty and even changes completely some military operations, etc.

I was mainly thinking of a kart racing DLC people now actually are calling for.

The entirety of the video narrative is dedicated to the dude's split... Im really wondering if their's been some break thru with the animation system in which it reacts more dynamically ???

The entirety of the video narrative is dedicated to the dude's split...

You realize it's a parody of this, yes?

I only saw the title and wondered if they were going to release a Georgian Army DLC. I'm a nerd.

With all the things Arma 3 is missing ( A real ending for the campaing for example). I don't know why they waste time doing videos like this. I will never pay for a Kart DLC.

With all the things Arma 3 is missing ( A real ending for the campaing for example). I don't know why they waste time doing videos like this. I will never pay for a Kart DLC.

There there, time didn't go to waste, the video is splendid. I would.

I was mainly thinking of a kart racing DLC people now actually are calling for.

Why would that be so alarming? The idea that before the start of the main campaign that there's a racing tournament or something. Or if you find it to be such a serious issue because it's not really ArmA, wouldn't it be better if they release this as a separate game? Like, they went out of their way to make the models, the driving has been redone for ArmA III...they have a framework to actually release something with racing now. :P

I meant a police land vehicle ready in editor in the list of cars. Also to have it and the police boat updated to have a siren and "beacons" that actually illuminate the area to some degree.

Even if it's a police go-kart.

Also, to the post above mine, didn't Gastovsky own an airliner business after the war in Cold War Crisis? Maybe, Kerry retires to become a masterful go kart racer, and opens up his own track on Altis besides the one at the airport.

Why would that be so alarming? The idea that before the start of the main campaign that there's a racing tournament or something. Or if you find it to be such a serious issue because it's not really ArmA, wouldn't it be better if they release this as a separate game? Like, they went out of their way to make the models, the driving has been redone for ArmA III...they have a framework to actually release something with racing now. :P

What do you mean the driving has been redone for Arma 3?

I'm just glad it's just a joke because if not I'd be seriously pissed. The game has still bugs in its very fundaments (ballistics, physics, MP-issues, unrealistic sound, etc.), so I wouldn't like the Devs precious time being wasted with random fun stuff like kart racing.

And I really would prefer a premium DLC with content that suits a milsim. E.g. there are dozens of interesting vehicles, jets or even naval stuff out there. Or small arms, right now we got no 7.62mm snipers, we got only 1 single real machinegun (Zafir), etc.