RushHour

Arma 3 Kart DLC

Great we told them to release it ! they release it !!! (also for who' don't have the premium, you can drive kart by placing them in the editor and set control = player !)

Goddamn, I just played around with the challenged and I must say this little DLC is fun, and also very cheap.

Things you never expected to read about an Arma game #1:

Just got all 5 golds in Kart races, using keyboard with default controls. It works pretty well when you get used to it.

Karts :rolleyes:.

Sad really.

Tactical Millitary Simulator...

...now with go karts.

Still if people can find enjoyment out of it then that's not so bad. However releasing a DLC just for faffing about kind of contradicts the theme of Arma 3. It's a sandbox game but also a Millitary Simulator Bohemia interactive should encourage people to play the game with a Millitary Style and Teamwork. If people would rather Ignore the mill sim side then what is the point of calling it a Millitary simulator.

I have been all day trying to mount a HMG in one Kart. Dont know if it make sense or if I am just trying to find some usefulness for these amazing vehicles.

But even more cool than a Kart would be to have a Zombie driving a Kart.

Still if people can find enjoyment out of it then that's not so bad. However releasing a DLC just for faffing about kind of contradicts the theme of Arma 3. It's a sandbox game but also a Millitary Simulator Bohemia interactive should encourage people to play the game with a Millitary Style and Teamwork.
*cough cough cough cough*
If people would rather Ignore the mill sim side then what is the point of calling it a Millitary simulator.
... I guess you didn't hear that BI doesn't call this one a military simulator? Oh, and re: "why faffing about" -- they needed something with which to test out the planned system for the paid "milsim" DLCs that begin in September.

IT BEGINS

For christ sake BIS, please do something about the EBOs!

Somehow, at least make the people who've purchased Karts able to edit the files!

Tactical Millitary Simulator...

...now with go karts.

Still if people can find enjoyment out of it then that's not so bad. However releasing a DLC just for faffing about kind of contradicts the theme of Arma 3. It's a sandbox game but also a Millitary Simulator Bohemia interactive should encourage people to play the game with a Millitary Style and Teamwork. If people would rather Ignore the mill sim side then what is the point of calling it a Millitary simulator.

It's not "just for faffing about."

How many times must the rationale behind this be repeated?

1. It started as an April Fool's joke, created by one person in his free time. Not taking away from Arma 3's development or harming your precious hardcore military simulator

2. The response was very positive, and many people wanted to play with the karts in the game. To each his own, don't tell people what they should or should not want in a game that let's you to an endless amount of things

3. To try out their new DLC model, BIS is using these karts as an inexpensive example so people can get a good idea of what the DLC model will (or can) be like with the real DLC that comes later

4. It's helping charity

How does adding karts on top of the base game mean they're ignoring the military aspect of the simulator? It in no way diminishes any other part of the game. It doesn't even indicate a change in focus, since it was only one man's work, and you can continue playing Arma and pretend it never existed.

Edited by vegeta897

To all of those "omg this is a military sim, go carts have no place wtf".

Tell me what Altis would look like without any civillian presence. No cars, no people, no vehicles nothing. Assets like this can help alot for mission makers to create scenarios that feels alive. The devil is in the details.

One of the things that bothers me most with ARMA 3 compared to ARMA 2 is the lack of variaty in the civillian faction. No civillian planes or choppers, only modern cars, no police cars, no firetrucks, no utility vehicles, NO TRACTOR!!!!!, no women... the list goes on. Now, karts wouldn't be the first thing I would make in order to improve on the civillian faction (I would very much like women), but hey, it's more civillian content.

Imagine someone making a sp campaign having a small mission at the start of it or a cut scene of the main protagonist at the track letting off some steam before the whole war breaks loose. Not unlikely. Just like the original operation flashpoint, where all of the guys from the game meet up after the war to have a beer with the main protagonist flying there in his small civillian plane. I loved that mission, especially considering these guys never take a rest. Even after the war and in civil, they walk in formation and talk to eachother by military chargon :P

If the Arma 3 campaign ended happily with Kerry racing go karts with the FIA he met on Altis, that would be awesome. Still, maybe some more objects would be nice. Maybe a go kart dealer or something near the airport, I'm not sure, but the DLC feels a little lackluster as content. Or maybe a civilian repair truck would be good, to repair the karts. Maybe Altis could use another proper, dedicated track?

Or maybe we could scale it up to race cars like from Le Mans or adding more rally cars. Just a thought.

Hey guys, I would like to ask you a question, I bought the game on steam the first day alpha was released, should I be getting the kart dlc for free ? (i'm asking because i don't have it :P of course) IIRC the steam alpha package ($32.99 USD, have my ticket right here) included the future dlc for free? Or maybe I'm wrong? (many long time, much memory fails)

To the people complaining about what arma3 is about and not about , blah blah blah blah....

we had all this and then some in ofp, bouncing busses , exploding ai, vetol in a cessna, the game is open to play anything you want , you just need to code and script. arma3 is not just a war sim, and thinking the fan base is all about just real war simulating, well you can have it that way ... only join servers that play what you like.( its that simple).

I dont care to much for DLC stuff i wish it was all just expantions or addons but at the same time this is a good way to bring the ofp feeling back (a little). thank you BIS

Hey guys, I would like to ask you a question, I bought the game on steam the first day alpha was released, should I be getting the kart dlc for free ? (i'm asking because i don't have it :P of course) IIRC the steam alpha package ($32.99 USD, have my ticket right here) included the future dlc for free? Or maybe I'm wrong? (many long time, much memory fails)

The only package that included the DLC and expansion was the Supporter Edition.

The only package that included the DLC and expansion was the Supporter Edition.

I see, thanks!

How long until a mariokart mission?
Rally racing missions were in as early as the quadbikes and cars were...

Oh god, it is so funny to see people complain about a 2 dollar mini dlc as if it means the end of the world. Seriously.

To the people complaining about what arma3 is about and not about , blah blah blah blah....

we had all this and then some in ofp, bouncing busses , exploding ai, vetol in a cessna, the game is open to play anything you want , you just need to code and script. arma3 is not just a war sim, and thinking the fan base is all about just real war simulating, well you can have it that way ... only join servers that play what you like.( its that simple).

I dont care to much for DLC stuff i wish it was all just expantions or addons but at the same time this is a good way to bring the ofp feeling back (a little). thank you BIS

Agreed, sometimes you need to have some FUN every once in awhile and not spend it getting shot at by AI or people and it's just a GAME too...

I only can imagine what could happend if this people get the Karts DLC :D

Haha. The original is better, but has no weapons ;) (Trackmania)

I found a very small bug on the karts, if you drive you make skid marks on the ground. No problem with that but the skid marks for the front wheels are 2~3m in front of the car.

6mcjtcnv.jpg

Maybe its a litte bit hard to see on the screenshot, but ingame they appear in third person view.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Agreed, sometimes you need to have some FUN every once in awhile and not spend it getting shot at by AI or people and it's just a GAME too...

Thing is having invested my hard earned ( not to mention somewhat scarce ) cash in a military sim I suppose I kind of took it for granted that any time and resources they had would be put into bettering the military aspects of the game they sold me.

Thing is having invested my hard earned ( not to mention somewhat scarce ) cash in a military sim I suppose I kind of took it for granted that any time and resources they had would be put into bettering the military aspects of the game they sold me.

How many other games better any aspect they are sold on? i brought a whole lot of other games and they seem to have stopped development on release apart from a patch or two, if BIS stopped development on the game A3 right now and considered it finished, just shut up shop and went home then please explain in detail whats entitled to you from the amount you spent on the game?

Wait... You are the guy who's responsible for that? Because I put my (equally scarce and hard earned) money into Arma 3 as a mixture of military sim, fun simulator, roleplaying sandbox and time waster. (No offense. ;) But you have to see, how Arma is not only tailored to the needs of the milsim-customers. ;))

I like everything that expands the possibilities within Arma. I've played shadowrun-like RPG-rounds with friends - which is far from being mil sim in Arma 3. And I wouldn't be able to have that kind of fun, if Arma 3 would be completely focussed on being a milsim. And now I can drive races and explore Altis on Kart. What's not to like about that. Especially if it costs only 1,49€ - and additionally helps the Czech Red Cross.