RushHour

Arma 3 Kart DLC

Anyone know how I can verify that I bought the Supporter Edition?

The Supporter Edition was only available from the BI store, so you would have to check there under "my games". Click on ARMA3 and it will tell you which edition you have.

If you got the game on Steam, you'll have one of the other two.

I hope BI never creates a racing sim, the steering is worse. The driver reacts so slow, what drugs did you gave this poor guy? :D

Anyone know how I can verify that I bought the Supporter Edition?

Login to the BI store, that's the only place you could have bought it from.

I believe it's also mentioned somewhere in your steam account details. Purchases, licenses or something?

I hope BI never creates a racing sim, the steering is worse. The driver reacts so slow, what drugs did you gave this poor guy? :D

Check the controls, there are analoge controls for steering.

Do you use analog or digital steering? With keyboard that delay is understandable but if with a steering wheel for example then doesn't sound too good for a sim racer :D

Oh no. I really didn't want the Karts DLC, but I accidentally clicked "Add to cart" and accidentally entered my Paypal password, so finally accidentally bought it. Please don't tell BI! I hope I won't accidentally buy the My Little Pony DLC once it is out.

AAnd some of the missing content is now being listed as paid for DLC. For example the Helicopter DLC is implied to include the Take On Helicopter flight model which had originally been expected in vanilla Arma 3. Also the Marksmen DLC which is vaguely implied to offer improved weapon mechanics again could reasonably be an expected feature in vanilla Arma 3 as we had repeatedly been told that Arma 3 would be focused explicitly on the "Infantry Experience".

You'll get those features even if you haven't actually bought the Helicopters and Marksman DLC. I'm guessing you haven't read this or this yet.

I honestly don't mind the fact that they desided to release content they made for fun, considering the fact that alot of people requested them to do so. And I also am very grateful that they decided to test their new DLC scheme on a smaller scale first in order to get feedback. I was a tad suprised that they charged for it though.

I consistently oversteer and spin out.

So much ignorance and bullshit self entitlement in this thread... I can't even handle it.

I love the Karts DLC. They're a bit touchy on my 360 controller, but a blast to drive.

Same for me, but as in RL :)

I managed to flip the kart, too. Which was unexpected.

And then I got it stuck in a highway divider.

So much ignorance and bullshit self entitlement in this thread... I can't even handle it.

I love the Karts DLC. They're a bit touchy on my 360 controller, but a blast to drive.

They are fun to drive, but doing the time challanges it is frustrating. And it is more frustratitn for someone that is a good driver in Race 07, project cars, rfactor etc :D

So i setup a race with 16 other AI starting from Cape Strigla all the way down to the Kart track at Altis airport, i gave them all move/safe/full waypoints and was amazed to see them tear it up :D

It was all on, i was getting shunted of the road and passed like i was a little ole lady in my humber 80, obviously it helped that the karts were indestructible but what a blast, there was a bit of cross country going on.. they were pretty aggressive.

Unfortunately they all got caught on the cemetery fence in Rodoploi, but i think they all gave the karts 2 thumbs up and just maybe a little 'f^$k yeah!' :yay:

I attached a 50 cal to my kart with a guy on it, had enemy ai all across the highway, and tor down it whilst my gunner was blasting away at CSAT forces. Ahahahahahaha, the stuff i do.

So i setup a race with 16 other AI starting from Cape Strigla all the way down to the Kart track at Altis airport, i gave them all move/safe/full waypoints and was amazed to see them tear it up :D

It was all on, i was getting shunted of the road and passed like i was a little ole lady in my humber 80, obviously it helped that the karts were indestructible but what a blast, there was a bit of cross country going on.. they were pretty aggressive.

Unfortunately they all got caught on the cemetery fence in Rodoploi, but i think they all gave the karts 2 thumbs up and just maybe a little 'f^$k yeah!' :yay:

I only can imagine what could happend if this people get the Karts DLC :D

Edited by Makarn

How can I check via a script, if someone has bought the Kart DLC?

I only want people who bought the DLC to be able to buy the Karts, but I don't find the bool, since BI thought .ebo files would be good for that dlc. (Altis Life)

You did, you might not have blatantly said it but the intention is there. To say 'they should have worked on something milsim'(paraphrase but past the sarcasm that's what you were saying, right?) is dictating what they do with their free time.

People are criticizing this as if Bohemia deleted all the military assets and all that's left is the karts now.

Wrong again, I do agree that my English is not the best but let me clarify..

What I'm stating is, I bought ARMA because is the closest you can get to a combine arms simu, not because is a Altis Life nor DayZ.

And TO ME is sad to see that we steer away from the main focus and get basic things resolved.

I would have ok, if let say the game is stable and finish and then they want to expand the sandbox...

Don't get me wrong I love ARMA but I love it because of the community not for BI.

I would assume that it is OK to criticize the developers. And that I would also assume that it is OK to criticize people doing it on weird reasons :).

Now speaking about that My Little Pony mod... hmmm...

I consistently oversteer and spin out.

Haha, when I started to get more confident in my abilities (using a Logitech G27) I started to oversteer; a little bit of counter-steering and I managed to get all gold medals.

Anyone had as much trouble at the night course as I did? I always managed to turn to the wrong chemlight and cursed like an old man...

I honestly don't mind the fact that they desided to release content they made for fun, considering the fact that alot of people requested them to do so. And I also am very grateful that they decided to test their new DLC scheme on a smaller scale first in order to get feedback. I was a tad suprised that they charged for it though.
Everything about the first two sentences is correct/valid*, but BI's gone out of their way to claim that the assets were created by an artist in his free time as a side hobby project thing (same way that BI emphasized that Zeus was one programmer and Moricky) that they decided to promote under the Arma 3 banner... but by charging any amount for Karts, this is indeed a 'live' test of the chosen paywall DLC method and system.

* For everyone who doesn't like it: better for the Karts DLC to have happened as-is and then BI simply change course for Helicopters/Marksmen than for you to find out the hard way in September when Helicopters would be released...

How can I check via a script, if someone has bought the Kart DLC?

I only want people who bought the DLC to be able to buy the Karts, but I don't find the bool, since BI thought .ebo files would be good for that dlc. (Altis Life)

Fortunately for you, there's a pair of scripting commands to check (288520 is the Steam AppID # for Karts).

Haha, when I started to get more confident in my abilities (using a Logitech G27) I started to oversteer; a little bit of counter-steering and I managed to get all gold medals.

Anyone had as much trouble at the night course as I did? I always managed to turn to the wrong chemlight and cursed like an old man...

Keyboards probably don't help much either.

The FoV is way too low for that kart. Can't see in the corners so I suddenly find my self in the barrier because it just appears from a right or left.

Head tracker would help bit also :D

The FoV issue also reminded me that why the toggle zoom out doesn't work in vehicles and in some other situations? Pretty much when it's needed it doesn't work...

Edited by St. Jimmy

Keyboards probably don't help much either.

It's easier when using da mouse, but configuring it to "left" and "right" instead of "steer more left" or "steer more right".

Just got all 5 golds in Kart races, using keyboard with default controls. It works pretty well when you get used to it.